1 comment

Christmas Fiction Funny

(A Steve Rogers x Reader Fanfiction Work)

Winter. God, you hated it so much; the wet, cold, dreary days with snow everywhere. Your boyfriend, Steve, on the other hand, loved winter. He was always outside in the snow jumping around which usually ended with him demanding you go play with him. You swore he acted like a 5-year-old. You usually denied his requests and opted to stay inside with a cup of hot chocolate and book, curled up in the window seat of your remote cabin.

You were in just such a position with a cup of hot tea when a large snowball slammed against the window, jolting you out of your reading trance. Stupid snow. It laid in thick layers over your entire cabin, covering trees, mountain tops and your car.

Looking out the window you see Steve holding another snowball and waving at you happily, wearing very few layers as the serum kept him from getting cold. He started motioning for you to come outside to which you shook your head no decisively. But he was persistent if nothing else and soon he was pelting the window with one snowball after another until you couldn’t stand it anymore. Rising to your feet you wrap your thick blanket around you body tightly before stepping onto the outdoor deck, glaring at Steve for interrupting your book. “What do you want, Rogers?” you huff, pulling your protective layer tighter around your shoulders against the freezing wind.

At your slightly sour expression and use of his last name, Steve laughs at you, knowing you only call him that when you’re feeling salty.

“Oh, c’mon sweetheart, don’t be like that. Come play with me!” he says, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Ugh it’s cold out hereee,” you whine, pouting slightly and causing him to laugh at you again.

He treks across the yard and up the stairs of the balcony, wrapping you in a bear hug as you shrieked in protest. You break away from your boyfriend and huff your way inside with him trailing behind you. “Mm baby you should come play with me.” he murmurs, coming up behind you and snaking his arms around your waist, nuzzling your neck. “I hate snow though.” you sigh, leaning against his chest, making more hot chocolate in the process.

“Pleeeaaaasssseeeee?” he whines, kissing your cheek lightly.

Rolling your eyes, you finally relent, “Ugh fine, I’ll go play in the stupid snow with you, if only so you'll leave me alone,” you chuckle.

“Yay! This is why I love you, doll. You’re the best!” he exclaims, still acting very much like a 5-year-old. “I’ll go get your warm clothes out so we can go out in the snow!”

—————————-

A few minutes later you're wrapped in several layers of shirts, coats, fuzzy socks and everything in between, standing in the knee-deep snow and shivering, but still smiling; laughing as you help Steve build a snowman. Well, more like watching while he builds a snowman; but you did add the extremities and face, and the adorable baby blue scarf around your snowmens neck.

You were starting to lose feeling in your toes when Steve barreled into you, both of you sinking into a snow-drift; Steve laughs at your feeble attempts to push his weight off of you so you could escape the cold, wet, snow. “Get off me, you jerk!” you breathe, laughing as he rolled over so he wasn’t on top of you.

You mimic his actions, landing on top of him and smiling down into ocean blue eyes. 

“Baby, can we go inside now? It’s so cold out here," you complain, pouting at him. “Soon as you get off of me, sweetheart, you’re heavy.” he teases you, a smirk dancing across his lips. “Oh, is that so, Captain?” you sass, shifting all of your weight onto him and giggling as he groans in protest.

“Is that better?” you joke, arching an eyebrow.

“Get off of me!” he grumbles but makes no move to push you off. “Here, hold this,” you command, taking a handful of snow and shoving it down his shirt before standing and sprinting towards the cabin, laughing as he howls in dismay. You risk a glance over your shoulder and see him barreling after you, a trouble-making grin on his face. Looking forward again you rush inside, slamming the glass door and locking it behind you.

“let me in, let me iiiiiinnnn!” he wails, pouting at you through the glass.

You burst out laughing at his pitiful act. “Sorry hun, can’t do that,” you smirk.

“Please? Pretty please? C'mon doll, it’s cold out here,“ he whines, wrapping his arms around himself tightly, still frowning slightly. “Only if you promise to be nice to me, okay?” you bargain skeptically.

“I promise. Now please let me in!”

Unlocking the door, you step back, eyeing him cautiously in case he decided to change his mind. He steps inside, turning his back to you to close the door behind him. When he turns back to you there’s a devilish grin on his face. Oh god. Shrieking you turn to run but Steve grabs your waist, slinging you over his shoulder before walking into the living room and tossing you gently on the couch. “Stevie don’t tickle me!” you gasp between fits of laughter, trying to roll away from the onslaught of his hands but to no avail. “Please! You prom- promised to be nice!” you cry, unable to stop the giggles that leave your lips as his deep laughter echoes around the room. Finally, he relents, releasing his grip on you and settling in next to you on the couch as you tuck yourself into his side. Sighing contentedly, he wraps an arm around your shoulders pulling you closer and murmuring into your hair, “I love you.” Smiling you whisper, “I love you too, babe.” With that, your eyes flutter closed and his breathing deepens, both of you slipping into sleep without a care in the world.

Maybe snow wasn’t so bad after all.

January 15, 2021 20:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

06:22 Jan 30, 2021

You are such an impressive writer, I can see the effort you put into this story! If you don't mind, would you be kind enough to take a look at my story? I'd like some constructive criticism. Could you also follow and like me)?

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.