You can have my bouquet if you want.

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Write a story in which a character justifies an argument with: “Because I said so.”... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Drama

"I don't wanna get married to the person I don't know, What if he is a drunkard or an old man or has an affair with someone else?", I shouted at the top of my voice. "Why should I marry the person you all will decide? Why should I listen to your decision? Why, why can't I marry a man I like????...... How can you all destroy your own daughter's life just for money and fame? ... Why do you guys make your daughters life a hell... And the most important thing is you guys didn't even tell me with a long time in hand!! Just half a month is left and you feel like this is the perfect time to tell your daughter about her own wedding which she won't get twice?? Aren't you guys happy after killing your first daughter 8 years ago? It was the same process you tried to get my sister married to another company's boss... I guess you forgot my sister committed suicide after two days of her weddi...".

 I couldn't complete the sentence while my dad blurted out... 

"Because I said so..." dad stopped in between... and said again , 

"Because 'WE' said so, Why don't you understand Vleya that you have to get married to our rival company's boss, just to re-grow our company's name... YOU HAVE TO DO SO... and please don't repeat your sister's death again or death will come to take you too", my dad shouted this out loud and my mom on the other hand didn't say anything just looked out of the window.

I became very furious about my dad's point of view and decided not to talk to anyone nor eat anything until they decide to change their thoughts and give me the right to marry whoever I like.

I ran up the stairs to my room, my mom ran after me, but as soon as I got inside my room I shut the door tight and locked it... I sat down resting on the inner wall of the door and closed my eyes, and let the drop of tear crawl down my cheeks. Brushing all the thoughts from my mind I reached for my phone in my bed side table, but then put it back again where it was... My first thought was to call my best-friend Kaila, but then I didn't feel too good to talk to her. After every argument with my dad or my friends I would've called her. But this time I didn't feel like I should talk to her. 

I layed down on my bed and closed my eyes thinking what I should do to escape the wedding... Pretending not to hear my mom's 'OPEN THE DOOR Vleya' shouting's, my brain shut down and I fell asleep...

I grew up like a princess... with getting everything I wanted, even a diamond tiara in my 18th birthday. But when it comes to choose a life partner I don't even get the right to choose whom shall I marry and whom shall I not. My dad knows nothing except money...how to increase his business and his name... 

AND the most important thing is that my dad doesn't allow my mom to speak any word while he is speaking. 

My sleep faded when my phone rang, I woke upright on my bed leaned to see who was calling and saw the writing 'MOM' on my screen. I let the call miss and then realized she called me 32 times while I was sleeping. It was already 12:23 and just a few minutes more I would not go to eat with my parents downstairs, so that they realize their mistake. 

 But...Whoa!! my mom or dad didn't even come to my room to call me for lunch... I was hungry and ate a chocolate bar from the mini fridge I had in my room and finally called Kaila.

After I told the incident and the decision my family had made, confidently I asked "Can I commit suicide to escape the wedding?"... Kaila became quite and said " Listen Vleya if you commit suicide you will escape from the wedding but your family will suffer, suffer forever leading to their deaths. Listen carefully I have a plan, without you committing suicide you can escape the wedding too...". She told me the plan and asked me to agree with the decision of my dad.

I finally opened the door and went downstairs to have dinner with my family and to tell that I've agreed for the wedding.

"Hah!! You finally came down... Lemme guess you agreed with the marriage?" My dad was very restless and impatient at that moment. "Of course, for your happiness I can do anything. I will get married to the man you chose." My dad was out of his mind and started dancing with my mom who was getting the table ready. 

'Your happiness won't last too long' I said in my mind and smirked. 

The wedding day arrived, half a month has passed. I put on the wedding dress and Kaila helped me zip it from the back. I took the bouquet in my hand and got into a white Ferrari.

On arriving the hall my mom pulled me out of the car very quickly and started running to the main banquet hall. On the way I stopped by the man-sized picture of me and the person I'm marrying. But the person I was marrying was so busy, he couldn't manage time for getting his photo with me on the portrait. I walked through the aisle hand in hand with my dad who whispered in my ears "Don't ruin the wedding by any means", I only smiled at him. 

While I was ready for my tricks, one of the groom's friend came with a microphone and said "As the bridegroom is late I would like to offer the bride to drink a glass of wine to compensate for her husband's late coming." Smilingly I took a glass of wine raised it a little and drank it... It wasn't wine but grape juice mixed with some wine color.  

Then I saw Kaila Nodding her head from the side of the aisle, and I realized its go time...

I snatched the mic from the groom's friend and said "Since you guys know how much the groom loves money and is concerned about his business, I have made up my mind too...", by saying this I started to tear off the pointed heel from my slippers and said "I am also going to make money... So you guys please enjoy the wedding without me...", by finishing these words I threw my flower bouquet to one of the girls and started running through aisle. 

"Security, security Catch her-catch her don't let her run away" My dad shouted and the security guards came running to catch me. 

I had the microphone in my hand and hit the closer security guard with it, then comes the second I threw the microphone towards him and hit him in his eye. Beside the aisle I saw many flower bouquets, took two of them and hit the other men in their eyes who were coming to block my way and catch me. I saw the front door open and ran to the door where I was surrounded... I ran up the stairs to a balcony where I was circled by guards. Then I noticed the balcony door was open. Unlocking the door I ran down the stairs where being blocked by guards I jumped from the side of the stairs to the street. I saw a black Mercedes coming in my way, by seeing a bride running away from her wedding the driver came out of the car and at that moment I pushed him aside and got into the drivers seat, started the engine and rode off...

Few minutes later I saw someone was there on the back seat of the car, I pushed the brake heavily and hit my head on the steering

"You don't know how to drive a car I think, leave the driver's seat and come to the back seat and let me drive... I don't want anyone to ruin my car and also you have hurt your head." the man spoke giving me shiver in my spine. I got out and sat in the back seat while the man drove the car... I felt dizzy and fell asleep. 

When I woke up I found myself on a soft bed in a luxurious room. 

Someone came into the room, he was the car driver. 

Later I got to know he was our rival company's boss, Euston Pevensie, and the most important thing is I was getting married to this handsome guy... I thought to myself "Why did I run away from the wedding... this guy is very much alike to my Mr. Perfect." 

3 years later I'm again standing at the same wedding hall, wearing the same wedding dress, marrying my Mr. Perfect - Euston. 











May 19, 2021 04:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.