1 comment

Fantasy

It was a calm April day when Susan woke up from her brief power nap because afterward what she had to do was the question of her popularity in the high school and later in her life.

She got out of bed and went downstairs to clean the house and it was not that ordinary cleaning which she had to do as a chore but one any girl would do to win the heart of her crush. She cleaned the tables twice until they were as clean as mirrors and one could see their reflection in it. She dusted the bookshelves with great eagerness as she was about to acquire the knowledge from the lost sea. She wiped the floors thrice with the finial.

She vacuumed all the house. She washed all the dishes. She opened her mobile and ordered her crush's favourite  meals from a five star restaurant though sensible people would reconsider spending their summer job's money on something as food which will be also finished in one go. Finally when she was done taming the house she went to the bathroom to have a quick bath. Once she was  out she dyed her hair by the dry and raspy air coming from the moaning hair dryer. When her hairs were straight she opened the youtube and rewatched the step on how to plait her hairs into a romantic fishtail braid. She decided that such braids would go with her breezy green maxi with a lacy neckline so she set to work.

After the laborious labour of making the braid she stretched her arms and dressed  into her maxi. She examined herself in the mirror. "Good enough" she thought but she was still uncertain about her opinion with a crush at hand. She gave one last glance at the house. Only one word described it immaculate. She looked at the grandfather clock hung into the living room. six forty--five it said. John was due to be here at seven. "If the delivery guys would come around his presence I would die with chagrin."She thought exactly at that moment the doorbell rang and her heart jumped. Susan went to answer the door although her legs were shaking, her lips felt dry and as she turned the door knob the knots of anxiety which were tied into her heart because of the delivery guy. “Are you OK madam you look a little pale?” He asked in his gruff voice.


She nodded and bought her purse to pay the hefty price of the meal which has been ordered from one of the most prestigious five star hotels in the town. She paid him and he handed her the food. She went to the kitchen and removed the food from their packaging and contents. When she executed this task she discharged the packaging in the garbage bag and left it outside to be picked up by the garbage truck later this afternoon. She scrubbed her hands with the sensitize and soap. She put on a little make up a little bit base although she had no need of it as she was already extraordinarily pale and a little rosy lipstick. There she was all set.


She glanced at the clock again. Six fifty nine the clock told her. She wore her red pumps which she had been saving from March for the moment she slipped into it and went outside. She glanced outside and there she saw the silver Toyota corolla coming in the driveway. She twisted her face in a smile. John got out of the car, he waved at Susan she waved back, her heart back flipping with joy and bliss.  Her crush parked his car in the vacant spot of where Susan’s new neighbors had arrived. There were not many newcomers, just a mother and daughter. Daughter would be about nine or ten and her name was Rebecca. John got off his car and was just coming in the direction of Susan’s house when Rebecca suddenly came into his way and they started to chat. Susan tried to read John’s expressions but they were not seemingly pleasant. Susan didn't knew what character assassination of her’s did Rachel commit that one second he was smiling at her and other he gave her an angry scowl and turned away to his car. In a few moments his car was purring down the street. Susan’s heart broke. She glanced in the direction of Rebecca who was smiling as if she was a perfect innocent angel. Susan wanted to give her a piece of her mind as she walked towards her house; however she left her house’s pathway and penetrated her house, locking the door behind her. Susan knew it was no point talking to Rebecca and instead she went into her house and gave John several miss calls he didn’t even dare pick up one.  Susan felt as if she had been stabbed by thousands of daggers. He refused to answer her calls. Why? The only thing which she could do to forget her sorrow was to eat the delectable food and look for another summer job so she could recover some of her loss. The hot tears never ceased to stop from flowing. She cleaned all her makeup. She changed into her coziest night suit even which made her feel uncomfortable. Her so called best friend “Jessica” was calling her continuously although she had no intention of answering her call because she was cantankerous because of her mortification. Jessica was obstinate she kept calling her till she was so frustrated from her irksome behaviour that she switched off her phone and shed thousand tears in her bed. She just wanted to sleep. It took a long time to come.


                                                          **************


Next morning she was roused by the continuous ringing of the door bell. “My parents couldn’t be back from Bangkok so soon she thought and so she proceeded to the door to see who it was.


And to her worst nightmare she had been dreaming the previous night and was standing in front of her. “My dear can you please take care of my daughter? I have to go and see my mother in the hospital.” Susan was about to open her mouth to say no but Rachaels mother was already seated in her car. “Go to your home kid. I am not your baby-sitter. 

"Well mother left me to you so I will stay here." She replied boastly. And penetrated the house. Susan wanted to stop her but somehow she couldn't bring herself to do it. She headed straight to the kitchen.  Inside she was having breakfast of waffles and pancakes. But the question was where did they come from. Susan interrogated her. "I have special powers and I am not a lunatic like you!" She exclaimed. "By the way what you had taught me yesterday in front of John."

She didn't reply. Susan tried to hold her wrist but it wasn't just there as if it was magic.

Susan felt her feet brought off of the ground by some kind of peternatural force.

The sharpest of the knives flew and directly stopped above her nose. Soon an angry cloud was above her raging with thunderbolt and the cold water was being thrown upon her. This girl was aloof. She knew that. "You stay here."she commanded and disappeared into thin air. There was something paranormal about the girl. "There would be evidence in her house she thought.

But to investigate she had to get out of this enlace of chaos in which she was stuck.

It seemed as if Rebecca had gone for a long time. Susan finally got out of the threatening daggers pointing at her.  The cloud was gone but she was damp. Without losing a moment she went outside and into their neighbors house. The door wasn't locked so it was easy to go in.

The house was immaculate and everything was in order. She quickly examined the living room. There is got to be a thing here which could tell her about Rebecca. In the drawing room she was unable to find anything yet she came across a bedroom. This bedroom wasn't as immaculate as the living room, so she decided to check it out. So Mrs. Johnson's mother is an author she thought reading the papers which were scattered all over the bed. There was also a laptop.

She went through the windows opened tab. One of them was a diary entry made by her a year ago it said.

Year 2006 4th September

I do not have any children so I have to create one.

These lines puzzled her. She commenced reading the story and from that moment she realized the reason why she had special powers which she abused because she wasn't real but fiction.

And the pages which were scattered around was the rough draft. Susan went through it, her heart shuddering at the end. In the war of trojan she kills them all and is the ruler of the world. She was to eradicate the world. Susan decided to write her ending that Helen had stabbed her at the end. But to her shock the antagonist was standing just in front of her." Don't you have any manners that you should never pry into someone's life you clearly don't so you are going to be taught a lesson".

She was about to use her power to obliterate Susan but her hero came to the rescue.

But her Debonair hero held Rebecca. "Hurry Susan machinate the plot and kill her. Susan wrote the ten words and within ten seconds Rebecca was gone. Susan didn't know what to do whether cry or be Happy that she got rid of a fictional psychopath character and her suave boyfriend. He came close to Susan and then whispered to Susan. "Sorry my lady I am late would like to have a second date with me. The first one didn't go well with the expensive suit and food. I am happy with the pasta. Or even a toast." He finished.

"Do you?" He asked Susan. "Yes!" Susan responded in her moment of bliss.








March 13, 2020 18:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Shifa Asif
14:16 Mar 27, 2020

I haven't got selected in this one but I guess it's ok everyone have their ups and downs in life. Right?

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.