0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Romance

My name is Scentrina and I’m going to tell you my story of how I became

what I am today.

It was the eve of June 24th, 1716 when I awoke from my slumber.

I was shocked to that the world was not as I had left It.

As I stumbled from my crypt chamber my long white hair fell to my back

my clothes were dusty and torn. My pale white skin shimmered In the moonlight

as I slowly walked to the door of my crypt. I had slept for over two hundred years.

My maker was long gone from me. As I sat there perched above my crypt It all

came back to me of how I was made.

I was but a young girl from the Glooms villa In my early twenty’s. When I was made

I was down on my luck and an orphan that no one wanted. So I packed what little

I had left and went to Shadow Grove to find work. When I arrived there It was

strange to me. The streets were cleaner and Shadow Grove was much bigger than

back home. As I walked along the streets looking for work I came across a little boy

laying there in the street, not one person cared about him. So I took him back to the

inn i was staying in and asked him his name “MMMMY Names Drake” the boy

said.

Drake was small with short golden hair. Drake come with me and we will get you

cleaned up. “Yeeeeesssss mam” he replied. And from that day on he stayed with me.

As I got him a change of clothes I wondered why was he alone on the street’s surely he was too young to be alone.

I took the clean cloths to him as he washed all the muck and dirt off his body.

Here put these on I said handing him an old shirt and pants.

Drake smiled and nodded T-T-Thank you.

Drake and I were sitting in the inn when it started to get dark outside.

Just then everyone was running around trying to get inside as fast as they could.

I Ignored the strange way in which they were acting.

So I took Drake up to our room and told him to sleep.

As he fell asleep I went downstairs to the bar to find out why they were acting so strange.

Bar Keep, I yelled. Yes MADAM he replied. Can you tell me why everyone in such a hurry to get indoors I asked?

The barkeep then looked at me and said you are not from around here are you to witch I replied no I am not.

Well, then he said YOU BEST BE GETTING BACK TO WERE YOU CAME FROM.

There are things here that don’t take to kindly to strangers.

Things? what do u mean things I replied.

Heed my warning young lassie or you will find out soon enough.

After hearing this I got off my chair and walked out of the inn into the streets.

It was dark darker than dark I could barely see my hand in front of my face.

I thought to myself best not to go out just yet.

I stepped back only to find the door to the inn locked they had locked me out.

I started yelling and banging on the door “OPEN UP IAM OUT HERE” to no avail I sighed and started walking along the street or what I thought was a street. Suddenly from behind me, I heard what appeared to be laughing and whistling.

Scared and tired I began to run not knowing where I was going suddenly “THUD” I had run into something and fell on my butt. Ouch rubbing my butt I can sort of see now but it's still very dark, I thought to myself what have I gotten myself into now.

There was a tall man with long black hair his face was pale and he had red eyes he was looking down at me with a big creepy smile on his face. Hello my dear he said glaring at me as if he could see into the very depths of my soul. he picked me up and took me to a castle a mile outside the town I passed out when I awoke I had a sharp pain on my neck and it was night time but strangely I could see fine were am I what happened to me my head began to spin I had this thirst but it wasn't for water nor wine I was so hungry but for what...

Confused and lost I ran and ran but still didn't know where I was or where I was going I let out a loud scream. Just then out of nowhere I could see the strange man from the night before slowly following me, I walked faster and faster until I noticed he was in front of me he wrapped his arms around me and whispered you are mine and forever you will be entwined with me, my wife.

I looked at him in shock wife me no I never agreed to this I stomped on his foot and ran as fast as I could back to Drake and the old inn where we were staying. I locked the doors and the windows hoping to keep him out.

Shaking and barely able to keep hold of my mind I passed out hoping that it was all nothing but a dream sadly I was mistaken it was not because when I awoke I was back in that room in the castle again. I looked around scared out of my mind.

I cried loudly why me why did this happen to me I have done nothing to deserve this so why must it be my luck...Just then a loud thud came and a creek what's going to happen to me someone please help me I cried at the top of my lungs

September 11, 2020 16:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.