10 comments

Horror Kids Middle School

Prolog:

4: 22 PM, Saturday, Oak wood middle school exit

“Lets go to John’s house. Trenton said that he’s having pizza.” Aaron said hastily. “I was going to get ice cream…”  Alexi replied, “London Stella and I were going to meet at Cone Palace.”  “John has ice cream.” Aaron said convincingly, “You should come with us. I’ll tell Stella and London to come there instead.” “I guess I could come. What's the address?” said Alexi. “1801 murder street.” Said Aaron. Alexi hesitated, “1801 what now?” Aaron had just realized how creepy the word “Murder” was. Should I be nervous? Alexi thought. “I know. Disturbing name.” He Said. There was a moment of silence. “There aren't actually any murderers that live there, right?” she asked. “No, no. Unless you count old Billy. He accidentally dropped an axe on someone's head when he was cutting down a tree a few years ago. Or so he says.” he answered. No one spoke for a while. That was until Trenton ran into Them. “You going to John’s too?” He asked, “Yeah,” Aaron replied, “We were going there now.” “Are you staying overnight?” Trenton said, “His parents aren’t home, so he’s letting everyone sleep there.” “Oh, I guess. How about you, Alexi?” he said softly. “Um, me? Um, sure I guess…” Alexie said unsurely. “Great! It's gonna be real fun! EVERYONE will be there and we’re all going to play mafia!” Trenton yelled. Alexi and Aaron went silent. They were both thinking the same thing: We’re playing mafia on murder street. Oh gosh. “The card game, right? No one is actually going to kill any one.” Aaron asked, trembling, “Don’t do it, Don’t do it, DON’T DO IT. DON'T DO THE LOOK.” “I’m gonna do it.” Said Trenton. “I’m gonna do it.” He did it. Classic Trenton. What is “The look” exactly? It's basically his version of the thinking face emoji. Aaron sighed. “Who else will be there?” He said. “Well,” Trenton replied, “Us obviously, also Zoe, Peter, Amelie, Aurelia, and Ahan.” “And Stella and London,” Alexi interjected, “I was supposed to meet her at Cone palace, but we’re coming to John’s instead.” “Alright, see you there, then.” Trenton said. “Yeah, see you there,” Alexi and Aaron said softly.

Chapter 1:

4: 47 PM, Saturday, John’s House

Knock knock knock. John jumped. Didn’t I tell them to come at five? He thought. Knock knock knock. Again. Whatever, he went to the door and opened it. “Hi!” He said. It was Peter and Zoe. “Hi,” They replied “Hungry?” Said John. “I’m hungry.” Peter said. “MOOOOOO” Said Zoe, “Translation: Me too.” “Lets have some pizza while we wait for everyone else,” John suggested, Knock knock knock, “Never mind. Hold on.” He went to the door again. It was London and stella. “Stella? London? Weren't you going to Cone Palace with Alexi?” John asked. “We were supposed to, but Aaron said you had pizza. And that Alexi is coming” Said Stella. “Ok,” John replied, “Well -” Knock knock knock, “One second.” He opened the door. Again. He was getting annoyed. Why didn’t everyone just come at five? He thought, Now I’m Literally Getting interrupted every other sentence. It was Aaron Alexi and Trenton. “Hi,” They all said. “I’m not going to talk because I don’t want to get interrupted again.” said John. “Again?” Asked Alexi. “Can we have pizza n-” Knock knock knock, Zoe was interrupted by the knock. “Tsk tsk tsk,” Peter said. “Hold on,” John said as he went to the door. It was Amelie Aurelia and Ahan. “I think that's Everyone!” he said, “Let’s go play mafia. Over pizza. And soda.” “That sounds like a good idea.” London replied laughing. Everyone agreed.

5: 02 PM, Saturday, John’s House

“Ok. What does everyone want?” John asked. “Pepperoni and Pepsi!” One of them called out, “Bacon and sprite!” said another, “Plain and coke!” Everyone was shouting out what they wanted. “Woah, woah, woah, slow down. I can only listen to one of you at a time.” John told everyone. Then, Knock knock knock. everyone fell silent. “Didn’t you say everyone was here?” Aurelia said curiously. “Everyone is here.” John answered hesitantly. He slowly walked over to and opened the door. No one was there. “There’s a note,” He said, “It says ‘Eliminate the murderer before it's too late. Only then will you find the souls of the lost....” “Sounds like mafia to me.” said Peter abruptly. “On murder street…” added Alexi, “This sounds more serious. Its a blood moon, we’re about to play mafia, and we just got a death note.” “I think I’m going to bed early,” Aaron said. “Me too,” everyone else said, scared.

9: 34 AM, Sunday, John’s House

Ahan woke up to screaming. He got out of his room and came out of the hallway to a disturbing sight. Everyone was trying to leave the house, but couldn't. The door was locked, and the windows were indestructible. But in the middle of it all - the most frightening thing - John’s corps.

Chapter 2:

4: 56 PM, Saturday, The Moon

“Yes, yes, that is perfect. I’ll have food for days with this many souls so feed on,” Said Soulis as he looked down at John’s party, “I’ll lock them in, and corrupt one of them. I’ll make him kill them off one by one. I’ll give them a note saying they must find and kill the corrupt one to get out. Which of course will not be true. I need a curse stone!” He yelled. Shortly after, a coyote came running to him with a glowing purple rock in its mouth. “Perfect,” Soulis gave him a pet, “Lets go to the enchanting room, shall we?”

9: 36 AM, Sunday, John’s house

“What happened!” Ahan asked Aaron, “I don’t know - I woke up and saw Trenton staring at John - who was gone already. I tried to leave to get help, but everything was locked.” Aaron answered. That’s it! Ahan thought, We need to stop the killer! 

“The note, it said we have to kill the killer. So we have to stop whoever killed John,” Ahan said, “Was anyone acting suspicious?” Aaron hesitated, “Well, Alexi is being quiet, and Trenton was down here first.” Ahan looked at both of them. “Let's get everyone together. Then we can guess who the murderer is.” He said aloud, “EVERYONE COME TO THE TABLE WHERE ME AND AARON ARE!” “Ouch,” Aaron replied, “Don’t scream so loud.”

9: 41 AM, Sunday, John’s house

“Ok,” Zoe said nervously, “Go over what we’re supposed to do again. Because I don't like it and I hope I misheard you.” They were all sitting at the table, Aaron at the front. Everyone was nervous. Were they really about to kill somebody? For being suspicious? “So, you know how in among us, when you call an emergency meeting, everybody sits down and agrees on who the imposter is?” Aaron asked, “Kind of like that, accept we’ll be using a kitchen knife, instead of ejecting them into space.”

For a moment, there was only silence. “We think it's either Trenton or Alexi,” Ahan announced. “WHY US!?” they burst out, “WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE!?” Aaron froze for a moment, like he was a statue. “We don't have solid evidence,” He finally answered, “But Trenton was down here first, and Alexi is being really, really quiet. So, everyone vote on who we should, um, you know what.” Most people chose Alexi, but some chose Trenton. But Alexi and Trenton chose Aaron. Probably for accusing them. “Alright then,” Aaron said trembling, “I am so sorry, Alexi.”

10: 02 AM, Sunday, John's house.

Alexi and Aaron were standing in the kitchen, Aaron with a knife. Everyone else was looking away. “I’m Going to try to make this as quick as possible. Ok?” Aaron said. Alexi nodded. He waited a moment, “I’m sorry.” He said sadly, as he stabbed her heart. He brought her body to the closet where they had put John. “Rest in peace,” He said. He went to the door. “Did it work?” Peter asked, “It worked, right?” “I don't know, "Aaron replied. He tried to open the door. It was still locked. “WE JUST KILLED SOMEONE FOR NOTHING!” Amile yelled, “That felt so horrible…” Aaron said, “I’m never touching a knife again…”

Chapter 3:

4: 23 PM, Sunday, John’s house.

Everyone was in their rooms, doing their own thing. Eventually Aurelia went to visit Trenton. “Trenton,” She asked. He looked up at her. “Yeah?” He replied quickly. She hesitated. “I won’t tell anyone, I promise, but, are You the one who killed John?” Aurelia’s whole body was trembling. Suddenly, his Eyes lit up with a purple glow.. “GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” He yelled loudly. Then, with a scream, Aurelia was put to sleep. Forever. “No no no no no NO,” Said Trenton loudly. He clenched his fist. “Goodbye, World.” He whispered as he walked out of the room and toward Aaron’s. He bust open the door. “Kill me,” He said trembling. “What!” Aaron replied, “No! Why would you even want that!” Trenton didn’t answer for a while. But finally, “Because something possessed me and it’s forcing me to murder people.” Aaron just stared at him. “Trenton your - your transparent - and purple - and what are those orbs inside you?” they stood there, paralyzed. Trenton was now just a purple glowing see through blob, assuming the shape of a human. There were also three star-like objects. Each a different color. Cyan, yellow, and pink. Aaron reached out to touch the purple ghost. But as soon as his body made contact with Trenton’s, the purple spirit collapsed into a puddle. But as the orbs stayed in the air, a new purple orb rose from the puddle. Then a whisper rang out from the orbs, “Water,” they said. Aaron immediately grabbed and opened his water bottle. All of the orbs flew into it. No way, Aaron thought, Those are souls and they’re washing off the evil so they can become spirits. When the souls came out, they exploded into a gleam of light. Aaron covered his eyes with his hands. When the light was gone, he saw four spirits, each glowing the color that soul was. “It all makes sense now,” He said, “The cyan soul was honesty, for Aurelia, the pink soul was creativity, for Alexi, the yellow soul was kindness for John, and the purple soul is bravery, for Trenton, And - your spirits now, because you died,” He was blown away. He had only heard rumors about people coming back as souls, and the spirits. “Yes, now help us find our bodies.” said Alexie. He was quick to respond. “John and Alexi - yours are in the closet. Aurelia - I don’t know,” “In my room. No one moved it yet,” Trenton answered, “And Mine, is gone.” There was a moment of silence. “Wait! I’ll be right back.” Alexi fazed through the wall. A few moments later, she opened the door as a human, holding a life - size human - shaped ragdoll with a smiley face on it. “You two go find your bodies. Trenton, try this,” As John and Aurelia left the room, Trenton merged with the doll. Somehow, it morphed into the shape of his body, and he too was alive. Then Aurelia and John came through the door. “You - I - How is this happening?” Aaron asked, “If you die suddenly, you become a soul, trapped in whatever killed you. One that thing is destroyed, your freed. If you wash the evil off of you, you become a spirit. Then, if you can manage to merge with something that is or closely resembles your body, you come back.” Aurelia explained. “Ok,” Aaron said, “Well let's go!” They went and got everybody and told them the whole story. Then everyone walked out together. Hoping to never experience death again. The End.

Epilog:

6: 34 PM, Monday, Alexi’s house. (at dinner)

“YOU DID WHAT!” Alexi’s mom said, “Yes, I died. But then I came back to life,” She ensured her. “You're not going to your friends’ houses ever again,” Her dad said. “We’ll see about that,” Said Alexi smiling.

6: 34 PM, Monday, Trenton’s house. (His sister’s room)

“You were - possessed?” Said Trenton's older sister, Esther, “Yep. And I killed 2 of my classmates. But then they came back to life,” He replied, “Who possessed you?” She asked, “I don’t know exactly, But the name ‘Solis’ kept ringing in my head.” He answered. “Huh. Cool.” She said.

6: 34 PM, Monday, The Moon

“NO!” said Solis loudly, “I HAVE NOT EATEN SOLS FOR SO LONG! I WILL STARVE! NOOOOOOOO” He screamed, as the giant wolf melted into oblivion. “All of his coyotes came running to scream. But it was too late. They started howling, as they evaporated. Then all the clouds on earth rose. For the rest of time, only good things happened. 

30 years later:

“Hey, John, give me 100 bucks or I’ll murder you again,” Said Trenton. They had decided to share a cubicle so they could work together. “Good one,” John replied, “I’m so glad that was put behind us.”

“Yeah,” said Trenton, “At least now that Solis is destroyed nothing bad can happen.” “Yeah,” John answered, “Well, I’m going on break. See you later,” “Yeah, see you later,” Trenton said finally. Now, Truly, the end.

December 13, 2020 22:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

Honestly, I going to be really honest here, from the first letter to the last one, you got my attention. I paid a 1000% attention to this story, and I loved it! You did such a great job!! =)

Reply

Nati Yohannes
18:05 Dec 15, 2020

Thks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
21:22 Dec 14, 2020

Interesting storyline! Some suggestions: -separate your dialogue so it's easier to comprehend. -punctuation at the end of EVERY SENTENCE (even in dialogue!) -refrain from too much dialogue and excitement; it overwhelms the reader That being said, you did great! Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading more from you.

Reply

Nati Yohannes
15:59 Dec 15, 2020

Thanks for the feed back. I'll keep that in mind.

Reply

✰ Jennie ✰
16:00 Dec 15, 2020

Excited to see your next submissions!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amelie Meyer
15:47 Feb 17, 2021

IM DEADDDD... TEEHEE

Reply

Nati Yohannes
16:03 Feb 17, 2021

yes you ded. But ur lucky you didnt die like alexi

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
19:22 Dec 15, 2020

Hey, Natneal! Welcome to Reedsy! I just followed you and subbed on YouTube :D

Reply

Nati Yohannes
19:59 Dec 15, 2020

Thks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.