0 comments

Funny Romance Teens & Young Adult

Madeleine really wanted to go on vacation to get away from things, but unfortunately was practically broke. She only had around 5k in her bank account and was working overtime as much as possible. She still browsed sites that planned vacations to remind herself that life would get better and to give herself hope. It sometimes worked, but most of the time, just made her depressed because it reminded her that it wouldn't be happening anytime soon. She didn't want to ask her parents for help because that would be embarrassing and they would start coming after her for not getting a good enough job like they always did at family reunions. And for some reason, they always wondered why she never told them anything. One day, Madeleine was browsing one of the vacation sites she frequented where she found one vacation that only cost $100 and it came with a bed and breakfast, free surfing equipment, and many other free activities. It was too good to be true, but Madeleine clicked on the link anyway. It led her to a sign-up page and she checked to see if it was a scam. It was apparently not a scam but used her pay pal account that only had $100 on it, so it's not as if scammers would be able to get anything out of her. Madeleine was so excited that she was practically vibrating. It was finally a chance to get away from her terrible job and relax and not worry about her parents coming after her. The vacation was said to be in the Caribbean and started on the 1st of February. That was in less than a week. Madeleine started packing and made sure to pack everything she needed. Days passed until finally, she made it onto the flight. The flight was not the best, but you get what you pay for. After a few hours of flying, they touched down in the Caribbeans and Madeleine rented a cheap car. She typed her hotel location into her iPhone GPS and drove down to the hotel. Madeleine entered the hotel and walked up to the front desk. The hotel was way nicer than she expected. It had gold chandeliers and had two staircases leading up to a balcony overlooking the ocean. The carpet was also plush and was eggplant purple. She showed the receptionist her reservation and the receptionist gave her the room key for room 249. Before going up to her room, Madeleine decided to look from the balcony. She walked up the staircase on the left and noticed another person was standing on the balcony with her. It was a man, who was slightly taller than her. He was very attractive, with golden hair and glasses. He had comfy-looking clothes on and seemed to not notice Madeleine. Madeleine was naturally nervous, so she didn't bother going up to him and figured that she would see him plenty of times since they were staying in the same hotel, but she thought to herself that maybe he was just visiting someone. That made her think to herself that she didn't have enough confidence to go up to him anyway. Madeleine started walking to her room and the man started walking in the same direction as her. He quickly caught up with her and asked, "What's your name?" Madeleine responded with her name and asked him the same back. He responded with "Liam." Madeleine nodded and said, "That's a nice name." "So is yours," Liam said. They walked in silence for a while before Madeleine finally got to her room. Liam stopped at her room too and Madeleine was confused. Liam also appeared confused. "Why did you stop here?" They said at nearly the same moment. "This is my room...." They both said at the same time. "Well, this is awkward....." Liam said. "I wasn't told that I had to share the room with someone," Madeleine replied, slightly annoyed, but only slightly annoyed, because she had to admit, Liam was attractive. She really hoped that Liam liked her back, but that was unlikely, as she was not attractive in the slightest, with her brown hair and blue eyes. She never managed to score a single date ever and that caused her family to come after even more. Liam said, "Well I guess paying $100 is a sign that something will not be right during your stay. At least it's not something terrible." Madeleine nodded and opened the door. They both headed in and groaned when they noticed there was only one bed. On top of sharing a room with a random person, they had to share a bed. "I can just sleep on the floor, I guess," Liam said. "No, it's fine. We have to make the best of this situation and the only to do that would for both of us to sleep comfortably for the week we're here," Madeleine replied back. They set down their bags and stared at each other for a while. "Well, we should at least get to know each other if we have to share a bed," Madeleine said to break the silence, "I know this isn't an ideal situation, but maybe we'll learn to like it." "So what do you like to?" Liam asked. "Well, I like swimming, reading, and eating." Madeleine replied, "what about you?" "Well, I like basically like the same things as you, except I love to surf too." Liam replied, "I know we've just met, but we should try to become friends during our stay." "Yeah, we should," Madeleine hoped to become more than friends. "You know what we should do tonight?" Liam asked. "What?" Madeleine replied. "We should go to your favorite restaurant," Liam replied. "I'd hate to be a Debby Downer, but the only reason I chose this vacation was that it was super cheap and I am practically broke, so I can't pay for a restaurant meal," Madeleine replied sadly. Liam replied, "Well you know I'll just pay for you. And don't try to stop me because I am one of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet." They proceeded to head to the restaurant and have the best time of their lives. They had so much fun that they both didn't want the night to end. Madeleine and Liam headed to the beach and sat down on the sand. They gazed at the ocean while having deep conversations about the meaning of life and about various aspects of their life. They laughed and Madeleine fell deeper in love with Liam. Madeleine did not seem to notice the loving glances Liam was sending her way. They headed back to their room and fell asleep quickly. As the week went on, they got closer and Liam and Madeleine fell deeper in love. They got closer together in the bed until the last night where they ended up cuddling. Liam and Madeleine exchanged numbers and were constantly seen together. On the final day together, Liam and Madeleine had depressed looks on their faces and didn't want to say goodbye to each other. As they checked out of the hotel together, they headed out to the hotel curb. They looked at each other when suddenly Liam grabbed Madeleine's waist and kissed her. Madeleine kissed back and now never wanted to leave Liam. "Can you please come with me?" Madeleine begged. "I will," Liam responded, "as long as you don't mind." "Of course I don't mind! I've loved you ever since I saw you!" Madeleine practically yelled. They rode back to the airport together and flew back to Madeleine's apartment and lived there together happily for the rest of their lives.

March 01, 2021 02:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.