0 comments

Drama Fantasy Science Fiction

Dear Family,

I am writing this now because I don't know how much time I have left.

If you're reading this, I am probably dead right now and you have finally found my will.

I want you all to know that I love, every single one of you dearly, but that love has it's limits when it comes to power. So this will is specifically made to give whoever is worthy, the position of king.

Now to my dear husband, you have been king since the stone ages, so I will not allow you to be king anymore. Let those wrinkles rest my love. And take it from me, your old values and beliefs don't work as well as they used to, so I really do think this decision is best for you. In order for you to properly step down from the thrown I need you to stay out of the way of my sons. You will not help any of them like you used to, and I really do wish that you appreciate all of their efforts and not just one like you always have.

You have no reason to worry about their well-being and capabilities because it is me who has raised them and not you.

To my loving second eldest, Joshua, I need you to travel to Maktown in order for your running for king to begin. I know it is far, but if you choose you choices precisely, I am sure you will be able to go trough your tasks quick and easy. I know how quick-witted you are and I love that about you, but I will not allow you to use that against your brothers. If you do, the guards I have hired and set around the kingdom and country, will instantly declare you, no right to the throne.

But I'm sure you don't have to worry about anything because I know that you have no intentions of hurting your brothers, right?

Anthony, my third son, you will need to master the art of defense. I don't intensely care which art you choose, I just need you to master at least three so that you will be able to defeat, or at least try to defeat the Guardian of Tundra. I have already informed him of your arrival, but not when, so you have the opportunity to sneak attack. Although I don't recommend it since he has his servants and guards lined up around his palace and outside area. But I'm sure you can take them down anyways, since you always claim to be stronger than the Guardian.

You have strength and that is well and good, but strength cannot be the only thing you have to offer to the kingdom as a king.

Luke, my dear, your task is not as hard as your brother Anthony's, but it is definitely not easier than Joshua's. I know you have been studying the ways of dragons and other mythical creatures. I am disappointed you kept that from me because I would've given you advice. I am myself a Mythical Sorcerer, but your father refused to let me tell you or your brothers, for he feared that you will become nothing. And thankfully, you don't have to listen to that old bat anymore. You will go live with the son of the Dragon King and will continue to study all the mythical creatures you find on your journey in order to defeat the Leader of Mythical Sorcerers, so that you yourself will become a mythical sorcerer.

I really do hope you are able to become a Mythical Sorcerer like me Luke. But you will not be allowed to use sorcerey as a ticket to win.

And finally to my eldest son, Samuel. I hope you forgive me, for my cruelty was only pretend and I did not truly hate you. I love you greatly but the only reason you are a servant in the kingdom is because before the king, there was your father Milton, who had unfortunately died to a fire in our old home. You had already been born but you see when we came here, the king had took an interest in me, and I wanted a good life for you. I waned you to have a home, so I married him on the condition that you got to live with me as well. But he didn't like the idea of not having a son of his own so we made a deal that you would be a servant until you were ready to leave the kingdom or pursue something more. Please forgive for the fact that it took me so long to reveal your true identity. But your task is to complete the Riser's Test, where you will go through immense training in combat, sorcerey, and intelligence.

But the Riser's Test is life or death, and if you lose I'm sorry but you will die.

In fact, all four of my son's tasks are life or death, and if you fail your tests, your place in the kingdom will be shunned or you may even be dead.

I have a feeling that none of you like the decisions being made right now, but they are for you and the kingdom's own good. So please do the tasks that I have set for you, but know only one of you are guaranteed the right to the throne. Once one of you become king, you may set any rules you wish as long as your in power. The time made for each of you to complete your task will be five years total. Once you have survived your tasks, you will come back to the kingdom and find the crown hidden by me in the castle. But you will only have this quote to help you out: "Remember where the sun rises, and were the moon falls."

That hint will only help if you remember the story of the sun and the moon, the story I read to you all as children.

I have one more thing to say before you never hear from me again.

No matter if you are in competition against each other, protect one another indefinitely. Especially Samuel. He is in fact your half-brother, but has as much right to the throne as you all do.

Knowing my sons, I know all four of you have potential at becoming something great. You have the choice of becoming king or continuing to pursue what your task offers.

Just remember that your mother loves you all with everything I have in my heart, and I will be there in spirit to congratulate the new king of the kingdom.

August 28, 2020 17:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.