0 comments

Adventure Science Fiction African American


It was 7:24 pm when Charles Sonaby, a 32 year old African-American man, who lived in Seattle, Washington was getting ready for his solo flight to the moon, he had inspected the spaceship and all of its controls to make sure that nothing could go wrong during the flight. As he strapped himself into his seat, the base commander told him that there might be extraterrestrial life up there and if he found it he needed to be careful and to report it back to them as soon as possible. When Charles heard this he had a strange mix of fear and excitement, he could hear and feel his heart beating more vigorously now, there was so much going on in his head that he forgot that he had a mission to complete. Once Charles remembered, he had completed all the pre-flight preparations, and took off. In just a few seconds he would be going so fast that he would break the speed of sound and he would be long past the Earth's atmosphere.

Charles was soaring high above the Earth, it had such a beautiful view, he could see all of the stars, and not to mention the small shining little lights on Earth right behind him. He was so lost in thought that he didn’t even realize that the base commander was talking to him. “Charles, Charles, do you copy? this is base commander Greg Grey”,  declared greg through the intercom. “I hear you loud and clear,'' replied Charles from his helmet microphone. “I want to know everything that you encounter as soon as you land on the moon base platform, everything that moves and everything that looks important " , “will do sir” replied Charles. 

When Charles landed he got out of the ship and scouted the area with a rather large tranquilizer sniper that Greg gave to him when they were talking before liftoff. He was told to use it if he ever saw the alien and if he ever shot the alien he would take it to base lock it up and then he would study it, and if it turned out to be harmless he would release it and possibly bring it back to earth, but on the other hand it it was dangerous he would tranq it again and then bring it to earth in a cage that would zap it with electricity if it tried to escape. As Charles was heading to the base he saw something flash by so fast that he could barely process it. He felt that he should follow it, so he did, he moved slowly and quietly which was really easy because there is no sound in outer space.

 As he was moving he saw the strange flash again he lifted the sniper scope to his eye and bounced up high to that he had a better range of vision, as he was in the air he saw the strange blur moving around were he would land in circles so fast that he could see more dust than the actual blur itself. Charles shot a spot in the outer line of the strange dust circle and the thing creating this circle stopped moving. Once he returned to the ground he went closer and closer to the strange thing. When he got close enough he saw that it was not an alien but it was the shedded skin of one. While Charles stood staring at the skin, dazed, and confused, he saw the same strange blur in the corner of his eye. He turned around so fast that he fell slowly but surely, as he was falling he saw that there was not only one alien but 10.

 They had stopped to look at him and stare in amazement. After a couple of seconds the aliens split into two groups to allow two elderly aliens to walk through the middle towards Charles. As the two elderly aliens were passing through Charles tried to Pick up his tranquilizer to try and take them out but there were three problems, the sniper was two far away for him to pick up, he was almost out of ammo, and even if he did have ammo the gun was not an automatic one so he could only take out one or two before they attacked him, and not to mention all the aliens had spears and looked like they were highly trained warriors, ready to protect their elders at any moment. 

He had nowhere to go, if he tried to run away he’d be caught quickly, and he would probably be attacked. So instead of attacking or running away, he just backed away slowly. The aliens started talking. They talked in slow english to try and make sure that Charles understood. They asked what planet he was from, how he got here and why. He was so confused that he forgot how to talk for awhile. But he then started talking to them at a normal speed and tone. He told them that he was from planet earth and he traveled by spaceship. He tried to answer why but it couldn't occur to him. He thought that it could have been to find the extraterrestrial life on the moon but if he said that the aliens might have thought that Charles was trying to was trying to kidnap them and then bring them back to earth, wich, he kind of was, and if they knew that they might try to kill him so he didn’t go to tell anybody else, so he said that he was sent here to learn about the moon which was not all false but at the same time it was not completely true.

 The aliens seemed to believe it. After they interrogated him some more they blindfolded him with a weird substance that wouldn't let him see anything. He tried to remove it with his hands but every time that he touched it, it just got tighter and tighter, so after a while he just decided to leave it alone, as they were walking he asked where they were going and one of the elders said that they were walking to beckhest: temple of the three fates, they said that they would decide weather to kill him or not. As soon as that was said Charles felt a trickle of wet substance go down his leg.

 For a while Charles was excited for this mission but now it felt like a total nightmare, he felt like he was tossed to the moon as a peace offering for the aliens so that none of the earth would be destroyed by them. Once they reached the temple, Charles felt a cold shiver go down his neck, he was used to having this happen to him, but this one frightened him, his muscles were numb and his legs felt like a bowl of jelly. After a while of whispering and murmuring, Charles was sat down on a cold piece of moon rock, when he sat down he started to think that he was in an underground cave because him and his colleagues have been studying the moon for years before this mission, they made sure that there was nothing that could interfere with the mission, so this had to have been below the moon's surface, or the aliens could have been using some of their technology to keep it hidden from the humans.

 Charles looked around the dark space until one of the aliens started to chant then all the rest started to chant as well but Charles couldn't understand it, it sounded like gibberish on a whole different level, it was like one blob of goo was talking at the same time as a big bowl of mashed potatoes. As Charles was trying to figure out what was happening the chanting came to a sharp stop and the two elders that he saw earlier walked up to him and said “stand up” so he did. The elders told Charles to take a walk with them. So instead of arguing he took a casual walk down the moon with them. As the three were walking Charles asked how they were able to survive out on the moon without anything to eat or drink. And the aliens laughed and told him that they weren’t humans and they should survive for years without anything to eat or drink, the only reason they have been alive all this time is because of a secret river in the center of the moon.

 Charles was astonished that the aliens were not only able to keep themselves hidden from NASA, but they also found a way to keep a whole river hidden. Charles was seriously starting to doubt that the human species were as smart as they thought they were. As Charles was walking with the newly discovered alien elders they told him to close his eyes and put his hands behind his back. When he heard this his heart almost jumped out of his chest and into his throat. He thought that he was safe, but he thought wrong, he knew his life was about to end if he did what they told him or if he didn’t, so he did it, he took his last final breaths and then…….

“Wait, wait”, yelled what sounded like a younger alien girl. “Princess matilda” the two elders replied, and then got onto their knee and put their heads down. "Leave this man, he will help us." When she said this the two elder's scurried off with haste. When the elders were out of sight the princess told Charles to follow her to her house so she did. When they got there the princess told Charles that she could see the future and asked if he wanted to know how so charles said yes for three reasons: because he was afraid to say now, he didn't want to come off rude because after all she just saved his life, and because he was curious to know. she told Charles to follow her to the room, and when they got there charles saw a window that was staring into another dark room and when he looked into it, it gave off a pure white light that stung his eyes and he couldn't see so he stumbled around the room until crash he tumbled right into the window falling into the void of nothingness.......

June 06, 2021 17:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.