0 comments

Gay Happy LGBTQ+

My head rests against the frosty cool glass as I stare at the scenery that passes, it's nothing exciting, just tall city towers, towering over the train tracks. The train of which I sit on with nothing but a small bag of my belongings next to me.

With music blasting in my ears to block the outside world out, my mind wonders, thinking about, well, everything.

From where I'm going to where I was, where I never plan to return to, 'home'.

My 'home' wasn't your typical home, you know, with a loving family who had dinner every night at a big table where everyone had assigned seats. That wasn't my home, that wasn't my family. My house was small, a apartment on the seventh floor of one of those towers in the city, one of the ones over the train tracks.

My room window over looked the train tracks I was currently on, just like now I would stare out the window and blast music as I watched, watched the trains pass on the tracks below. I would always make up stories, stories of where those people were going, the lives they were living. I wanted to live that life, anything then what I was living now.

I felt stuck, trapped. Trapped in a place I didn't want to be, one of the worst feelings. I just wanted to be free.

It's not that my family was bad, they love me, well loved. It was all fine before I told them. My mother was one of sweetest people, unfortunately my father had a strong influence over her. As for my father, he was a good dad, stubborn and there was no changing his mind. I had good parents, only one problem, they are homophobic.

So when I told them, it all went downhill from there. They pretended like I didn't exist anymore, like I wasn't their own son. All because I liked guys.

It hurt to have a family you love turn their back on you, leave you in the dust in the place you never want to be, alone.

So that's where I sat, alone, on a train going to God knows where. I didn't know where this train went, all I know is it went away from the city and that's all I needed to know. I bought a train ticket to as far as I could go, and if I ended up in the middle of no where, then so be it, I ended up in the middle of no where.

You know, all those nights I spent watching the trains go by, I never thought this would be my reality, to actually be on one. It feels like a fantasy.

The reality of my fantasy was coming true as the skyscrapers turned to trees, of course the trees weren't as tall as the skyscrapers, but the sight of the trees, the fields, the mountains in the distance was a scene from my dreams.

I had never been out of the city, so this, nature, was breathtaking. Sceens and sceens passed, from forests to lakes to small little towns. I was no longer lost in my music, I was lost the real world.

That's when the squeaking of the trains breaks against the tracks rang through the train and a muffled voice through the speakers. This was my stop.

I stepped off the train, holding my small bag in my hand as I swear my jaw touched the ground as I slowly pulled my ear buds from my ears, letting them hang as the wire was tucked in my shirt.

"Trying to catch flies?" I hear a voice laugh from next to me, scaring me as I feel my body almost jump off its feet.

"Wha- what?" I stutter out, only realizing what he meant when he let out a chuckle and I simply just said "Oh." Followed by a small laugh of my own, making sure to close my mouth afterwards.

I felt a shade of red coat my cheeks as I finally look at the person who stood next to me, a cheeky smile on his face, black hair with little strands falling down his forehead and ice blue eyes. The definition of hot was standing right next to me.

"Keith." He says as he let's his suitcase rest on the ground so he could stick his hand out for me to shake, I'm guessing by the suitcase and the bag on his back, he just got off the train too.

"Ace." I reply shaking his, surprisingly soft, hand.

"What are you doing here city boy?" He asks as our hands broke away from each other, I give him a questioning look, which he catches, "It's the clothes." He says as the questioning look I gave him was how he knew I was from the city.

Truth be told, I did look like a city boy, my black long sleeve with little white stripes tucked into my black tied up joggers and a silver chain to top it all off. Not to mention my white high tops and dangly silver earring.

"Just... visiting." I hesitated, another truth to be told, I had no idea how long I was going to be here or if I was going back.

"Alright, well see you around city boy." Keith says with with a smile before he picks his suitcase off the ground and walks off into the crowd of people filling this small town.

A permanent smile rests on my face as take a deep breath of the fresh air, letting all the city air in my lungs out before I walk the streets of the small town I ended up at. People just seemed a whole lot happier here, everyone I passed would smile at my or wave my way.

But not only that, the houses and buildings are straight out of a fairytale book, each building having their own unique colourful colour and the stores windows filled with little treasures.

This is nothing like the city, I love it.

I found a nice little Inn to stay at, I didn't have much money, so I paid for three nights, leaving me only with enough money for a little bit of food and a train ticket back.

My back hit the bed as the bed creaked and the springs dug into my back, I said it was nice not luxurious. My feet were sore from walking around the beautiful little town all day, my feet taking me to all the wonderful little places and stores. If I had more money I would have bought all the little souvenirs I fell in love with.

As much of a wonderful day it was my mind was stuck on one thing, Keith. I know I just met him and to be honest he was probably a straight boy, but he put a smile on my face at the thought of his hand in mine.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Well Keith was my love at first sight, and my love for life.

His soft hand rested in mine, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles as my head rested on his shoulder. The soft breeze ruffled through my dirty blond hair as my deep blue eyes met the beautiful ice blue eyes of the man I feel in love with.

A beautiful scenery of the mountains across the lake rests before us as we sat on a dock at the edge of the town, with our bare feet dangling in the water. But no matter how beautiful the view was before us, my eyes stayed glued to him, he was the only view I needed.

Now you're probably wondering how we got here huh? Well long story short, it was the last day, I only had one night in the Inn left, I loved the little town, but I couldn't stay any longer, I had to go home, I didn't have enough money to live on my own. I only had enough money for a train ticket back 'home', but I actually spent that on a little souvenir, a little keychain of a few colourful house next to each other and the town name of 'Bobcaygeon' in bold colourful letter across it.

That was irrelevant. Anyways.

The thought was painful, the thought of going home, so I spent the last day walking around the town, exploring the stores and admiring the colorful buildings. I so was lost in thought I crashed right into someone, stumbling right to the ground. I quickly apologized as I was about to stand up a hand offered to help me up, I took it, standing up and coming face to face with the owner of the hand.

It was Keith, Ironic right?

Well I told him I was leaving tomorrow, so he offered to show me the little hidden parts of the town before I left. I couldn't say no, so.I agreed.

By the end of the day we sat on the same dock we were on now, little more space between us, but our feet in the water. We just talked, we talked for hours, with Keith I felt something I'd never felt with anyone before, safe.

I ended up telling him everything that night, about my parents and about, well being gay. He was the only other person who I told that to, other than my parents and he took it a whole lot better then they did, probably because he told me something too. He was gay too.

He offered to let me stay with him, I felt bad but he begged, so I gave in. I fell head over heels for him, and I fell hard.

All that lead us here, closer than the first time we came here.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Keith said snapping me from my thoughts as he stared down at me, a blush coating my cheeks as I had been staring up at him the whole time. I looked down embarrassed, but I felt a hand under my chin, lifting my gaze back up to look at him.

"Really?" Was my only reaction, no one had ever called me that before, well except for my parents before they turned their backs on me.

"Yes." Was all he replied with as the next thing I knew was his breath was mixing with mine. His hand rested on my chin as his ice blue eyes become shielded by his eyelids, he was leaning in and I was about to give in, but then pulled away, turning my head quickly. "Hey what's wrong?" He quickly says, his voice filled with concern as he was trying to look at my face, but I keep my gaze down.

"What if someone sees us." I burst out, I was nervous, this was my first kiss and I didn't want it to be ruined by someone seeing and yelling a homophobic word. Plus we weren't officially dating sooo...

"Look around there's no one here!" Keith yells out putting his arms up in the air, I can't help but chuckle at his goofiness, "Plus last time I checked nature wasn't homophobic." He says causing me to finally look up at him.

"Okay." I simply say before quickly going in, I did it... I can't believe I did it. I kissed him, right on the lips, well it was more of a peck as I pulled away quickly.

"That wasn't a real kiss." Keith says before placing a hand on my check and placing our lips together again, my eyes close as well as his as our lips moved together like two missing pieces to a puzzle.

It felt like a million fireworks going off.

It was everything I ever dreamed of, my fantasy was finally my reality.

"I love you." He says as we finally pull away when air becomes a necessity.

"I love you too." I reply breathlessly as I rested my forehead on his.

And that's how we spent the rest of that night, just being with each other and the beautiful scenery of mother nature before us.

The calm blue water coating our feet as the small breeze of the wind letting the grass and leaves dance. And to top it all off was the sun setting beautiful colours of pink, yellow and purple across the sky as it set behind the mountains.

As the sun set, I place one last kiss, the last kiss of the night, not the last in general, there were plenty more of those to be shared, on his lips.

I wasn't afraid to kiss him now. After all no one was there to judge us and nature isn't homophobic.

Right?

April 19, 2021 02:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.