Nothing to be Afraid of

Submitted into Contest #76 in response to: Write a story told exclusively through dialogue.... view prompt

15 comments

Fantasy Funny Bedtime

Nothing to be Afraid of

Kuhne: How can it be possible?

( The boy standing nearby was trying utmost to be looked as sure of whatever he said.)

Weasley: Trust me. I told you what I actually had seen out there. The tree leaves themselves will tell the story of the previous night. It was damn horrifying. (He pointed to the left of the orchard. Although there was fog yet some parts of the tree were visible. And it was really the shortest day of winter.)

Kuhne: And what if you are lying? I am not going to spare you. You know me the way I deal with the liars. (He twisted his fist.) Hope you haven’t forgotten the swollen face of the fat boy next street. Well I just punched a few times, not more.

 ( for a moment Weasley was afraid as in fear he was going to think again over the real event he had seen. The fist of Kuhne was bigger than his heart.)

Weasley: But you can go ahead and see yourself. And don't be afraid, I am here. You always degrade a man of word in one way or another. My mom trusts me more than anyone else. She just doesn’t like to give me extra money because she thinks, I may become careless of the proper use of money. Ah! But I am sure she trusts me.

Kuhne: (With a slant look) Well ! I’m not your mom. If I were, I would.

Weasley: You can't be my mom. You look like a man. And my father doesn't like me to call anyone else as father. (Reflecting) Parents are possessive sometimes regarding tiny matters.

Kuhne: I don't want it either. I don't want my kids to be pseudo Einsteins in future.

Weasley: Will you explain what do you want to say? It's too cold to understand philosophies.

Kuhne: Don't bother.

Weasley: Ok!

Kuhne: Well what were you doing in tree house at mid night?

Weasley: I was hungry.

Kuhne: Had you gone there to eat squirrels?

Weasley: (Grinning) People, here, don't eat squirrels. They ate other's possessions. I had hidden my sandwich there, my wayward brother always keeps an eye on my food. Hunger makes people daring.

Weasley: Would you like to check the proof of me being an eye-witness?

( They moved towards the oldest trees of the countryside where mostly none used to go due to the stories spread around. Although it was a special charm for the boys who used to play a little farther.)

Weasley: You always degrade me. Hope u haven’t forgotten when we had made a bonefire few days ago. The tree was reflecting fire light while there is a great distance and physics teacher had told me about measuring the distance. Don’t know why he laughed when I said, the distance of my house and school seems much longer in winter days.

Kuhne: He laughed because he felt the same when he was a school boy. And maybe because he was talking to an Ainstein. Ain't you? And yes, once you discovered that the ball which hit the head of counselor's boy, was coming right from the hand of Kuhne, the great player.

(Weasley was totally careless of the fun poked upon him very often.)

Weasley: Look! Doesn't the tree seem tired of some horrible fight? No words to define how the tree was looking when it was shaken badly. It seemed as if it was trying to leave the earth.

Kuhne: Yeah! But why are the sparrows yet there in their nests? Aren' they afraid of the storm which shook the tree so badly?

Weasley: I don't know. I just told you what I saw from my tiny tree house's window. I think they are expert in making nests on a short notice.

(Kuhne looked in anger towards him and Weasley felt himself as fool. He started looking towards the opposite side.)

Kuhne: Weasley! Are you sure you got 100% marks in exams?

(Now it was a hammer struck right on the hidden qualities of a lean book worm.)

Weasley: Yes. You can go and ask language teacher. Here I can say, I am a human and to err is human. My grades are a phenomenon for all of you. When everyone stays in bed, I study.

Kuhne: (shaking head) People study in bed too.

Weasley: I know. I mean when everybody is taking rest, I work hard.

Kuhne: So you are a rebel. Hope you haven’t forgotten how the rebels are treated by the kings and queens.

Weasley: Yes. I am the rebel of contemporary times. I want to change the.... (He realized the loudness of his voice. Then he stopped short for the reason unknown. Either he was afraid of the dogs around who used to run behind any load noise or he had remembered the last night event.)

Kuhne: But how can it b possible that the storm struck only this old tree and nowhere else? Do you think the tree is haunted or there was the marriage ceremony of fairies and the ball was going on? Hey! Where are you running?

(Weasley was so much afraid of the word "haunted" that he ran frantically towards his home.)

Kuhne: Haha! How fool he is. I had said it just for fun and he ran way.

A voice nearby: Yes. How foolish he is. There is nothing to be afraid of a ghost.

(Saying this, someone put a hand on his shoulder as a very close, caring friend. The hand was dead cold and its pressure upon the shoulder was enough to make the blood freeze in veins)

Kuhne: (Without looking towards the voice.) Yes! But it's good to run when it is going to be night in a few moments.

(And he too ran frantically even didn't get affected by the freaking laughters behind him. And the village was reached just half of the half time of normal run.)

The voice sounded peaceful behind. Sparrows never run away from the ghosts.

January 15, 2021 14:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Jabeen Awan
04:57 Jan 20, 2021

Awesome 😍

Reply

Sumra Khan
12:16 Jan 20, 2021

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wajid Malik
06:50 Jan 21, 2021

🤗🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
04:45 Jan 20, 2021

Awesome. Keep it up ❣️

Reply

Sumra Khan
12:15 Jan 20, 2021

❤ Jazakallah

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Anam Munir
05:11 Jan 20, 2021

Looking forward for the next story. I'll love it if it's horror next time.🥰

Reply

Sumra Khan
12:17 Jan 20, 2021

Yeah IA ❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Zaheer Malik
16:26 Jan 20, 2021

Nice story keep it up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Saima Adeel
05:16 Jan 20, 2021

good one.

Reply

Sumra Khan
12:17 Jan 20, 2021

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Minsa Fatima
03:52 Jan 23, 2021

Good job 👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Fatima Sher Ali
16:27 Jan 21, 2021

Amazing 😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wajid Malik
06:49 Jan 21, 2021

🥰🥰🥰♥️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Wajid Malik
06:24 Jan 21, 2021

waao its amazing havnt words for admire what a use of words

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zeenia Zeenia
03:58 Jan 21, 2021

Waiting for the next story...😍😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.