4 comments

Friendship Funny

“RED SUS!”

“Nick you literally always say that! Just because I’m red,doesn’t mean I’m automatically sus!”

I chuckled into my mic, leaning back in my office chair as the chaos unfolded in front of me. This was the third time I was crewmate since we started playing together, Nick and Jack always attacked each other with random susses that made no sense. But I mean, hey, it was funny to watch. I heard Kayla call my name.

“Hey, why is Theresa so quiet?”

My finger pushed down CTRL,

“I’m just listening to what other people have to say.”

“Hmmmm.”

“Nick I swear don’t you even.”

Jay laughed,

“Theresa is always quiet, we can’t just sus her out for that.”

“Thank you.”

Their discord icons popped in and out of my screen as the talked. We had a small lobby today, me, Jay, Nick, Jack, Kayla, Mack (who was muted because she died) and I. That meant only one imposter. I was usually a smart player, so I tended to be quiet. Gathering information was critical.

As I listened to them bantering back and forth I tried to put the pieces together in my head. Mack's body was in electrical, no surprise there. Who had I last seen coming from there? Nick had reported the body and was, of course, automatically sussing Jack out. I had made my rotation, doing my tasks in 02 and cafeteria. The card swipe had be stuck for a minute, and I hadn’t entered electrical yet, but I know I had seen someone going in there.

Think Theresa think.

I tried to make my brain work but I could get the image to focus in my head. Coming back to earth, I cracked my knuckles, and did what I was best at. Listening.

Nick was the loudest.

“I’m telling you, I saw Jack go into electrical in the beginning, the body could be old, it has to be him!”

“I went in at the beginning and I was with Kayla for the rest of the round!”

Kayla’s voice was overshadowed, but she managed to get a few words in.

“I mean I can partially vouch for Jack, but he could just be marinating me.”

“EXACTLY.”

About halfway through their argument the gears in my head started turning, bits of information clicking together to form some kind of conclusion. Unfortunately for me, Nick must’ve been doing that same thing.

“Theresa you believe me right? We have to vote him out it’s obviously him!”

I sighed, trying to think.

“Do you have any solid evidence?”

“Yes! I saw him go in and I didn’t go back to electrical until later and I don’t think anyone else did either so he was the only person that could’ve gone in and killed Mack.”

I felt the need to argue.

“Unless it was a vent kill, they could’ve easily killed her and gone to medbay, going back to right side, completely unnoticed.”

“No, I swear, it’s Jack, he isn’t standing at the tasks long enough, he doesn’t have a visual, and overall he’s just a very naturally sus person.”

I hear Jack knock something over.

“I take that to personal offense.”

They laughed. Jack tried to speak again but Nick cut him off.

“Theresa trust me, you’re smart, and you can probably tell when I’m lying, plus we all know that it’s not me because I scanned.”

He was starting to convince me. He was right, he had scanned, and he wasn’t lying. My mouse hovered over the voting button, and that’s when I realized how quiet Jay was being. My head finally put the pieces together, Jay never talks when he’s imposter, and he’s ridiculously smart. He would just let Nick and Jack have it out and slip under the radar. I had seen him coming out of medbay, he’d stuck with me the rest of the time, probably to gain my trust. But I knew better. I moved my hand and voted for, “Carl”.

“Nick, you know I trust you, but you have to trust me. It’s Jay.”

Jays defense was almost immediate,

“I was with you the whole time! It couldn’t have been me!”

“No actually you weren’t with me the whole time, and you weren’t doing tasks. Which explains it. I saw you coming out of medbay, and you’ve been abnormally quiet, you’re smart, so you thought you could just let us get lost in the chaos. But, unfortunately for you, I’m also smart, and I know how you pay.”

He had no words. Nick sighed,

“But I really thought that it was Jack, this is so disappointing.”

I heard the clicks of everyone voting, smiling to myself. This was probably why people never invited me to play with them, I figured it out way too easily for their liking. We ejected Jay, I was, of course, correct. We all rejoined the lobby,

“I hate it when you know things.”

I laughed, Jay and I had a running contest of how many times we could figure out when each other was the imposter. So far, I was the one winning. By seven games might I add.

“What can I say, you’re too easy.”

Nick whispered into his mic,

“Y’all I still kinda think red is sus though.”

We all yelled at him.

“RED IS NOT SUS STOP IT.”

Laughing to ourselves I cracked my knuckles again as the timer went off, I was warmed up, and my game was strong.

I continued to win the rest of the games we played, much to their hate, I murdered them all, and witnessed murders. Nick calling Jack sus the whole time. As we were about to get off, Jay private messaged me.

What’s that catch phrase you like to use when you win a lot of games in a row?

I grinned, I hadn’t been able to use it on anyone in a while. I was glad he reminded me, this was going to be fun. Well, maybe more for me then them.

Got em. 

December 19, 2020 04:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Llind Kam
05:36 Dec 28, 2020

I loved the idea. It was original and fun. Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
That Asian Creep
09:49 Dec 23, 2020

I love the use of Among Us, instead of a classic murder. Nice story 🙂

Reply

Vameerah Darren
15:27 Dec 27, 2020

Thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
21:01 Jan 07, 2021

First: Among us theme is awesome! Second: LOL HEDGEHOG PICTURE FOR PROFILE IT'S ADORABLE :):) :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.