Mr. Wilson and I

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story that takes place across ten days.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Friendship Funny

I'm Cassandra Autumn. I'm twenty-five years old and I love birds. When I was a little demon, I have a friend named Mr. Wilson. He loves birds too, and he likes to tease me. It annoyed me, but in the end, he taught me a lesson about life and birds. I never forget him.

After my classes ended, I fixed my things and Mr. Wilson appears in front of me, again.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

He smiled and hold my hand, "Let's go to ten day vacation."

I was about to complain, but in the blink of an eye, we were in an unknown place. The place is full of lights. Yellow, green, red and have a weird sound. It's my first time I came here. Many humans eat popcorn and happily walking with their parent and friends.

"What is this place?" I asked. 

"We were at an amusement park."

My eyes wide because of... Excitement? "Weh? Are you serious? Mr. Wilson, please I want to go home."

I was about to punch him that time because Mr. Wilson is so annoying. I want to kick his toes because of his freaking trick. But instead, his signature smiled curve in his face and teased me again.

"Are you sure? But your eyes say something to me."

My jaw dropped and my hand froze.

"I know that you want to go in this place, but your father doesn't allow you to go."

I bit my lips because of anger. He's right, my father never allow me to go in this place. For him, this place is not for demon like me. This place is for happy humans only. My clan is the bad demons and Mr. Wilson is a magician clan. Okay, never mind.

I froze because Mr. Wilson pats my head again. "Don't worry, I talked to your father and he gives me a permission to come here with you."

After he spoke, I hug him and cried again in his shoulder. I really, really want to go in this place. I want to eat popcorn, ice cream and ride the extreme rides.

"Such a crying demon."

After the dramatic scene, we enjoy the rides, foods and laughing others kids because of extreme rides.

"Here, take it," Mr. Wilson said.

I accepted the ice and eat, "You said we will go at ten day vacation. What place next?" 

"Hmm, secret. Just eat that ice cream immediately."

Mr. Wilson fixes his hair and said that we will go to a hotel. Hey, we just sleep at all and my room is separate from him. Don't assume.

I woke up and fix my things. It's second day and Mr. Wilson said that we will go to the river for fishing. Honestly, I hate fishing, it's boring and the worms, yuck! Their soft, dirty body. It's a big yuck, but in the end, I'm sitting beside him and waiting for the fish.

"It's boring," I sighed. 

After an hour, he caught a ten tilapia and one goldfish. Seriously? Why that goldfish is swimming in the river?

"Aw, you didn't get any fish. Poor Cassandra."

On the third day, Mr. Wilson used his power to fly and invisible power. We fly at the town of Majayjay, Laguna in the Philippines. The place is nice, we eat at a famous restaurant named Jabella. Mr. Wilson ordered buffalo wings with chilly flavor and I ordered lemonade and clubhouse.

The buffalo wings are not literally the meat of buffalo and instead, it's chicken wings. Mr. Wilson gives me one and when I bite, it's so delicious. Seriously, super yummy, but Mr. Wilson didn't give me one so I enjoyed my clubhouse. It's a sandwich with many mayonnaise, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. It's yummy and have good much for my lemonade.

In my fourth and fifth day, I want to punch his face because I am searching him.

On the fourth day, I dive at Puerto-Princess Underground River, Palawan to find him. Even it's dark and the tour guide shouting at me, I'm still searching him. I know it's weird, but so what? I'm a powerful adult demon so I can do whatever I want. In the end, I didn't find him and sleep with bats

At fifth day, I fly at Chocolate Hills at Bohol because the one female bat told me that she spotted him. So I traveled and I saw the beautiful Chocolate Hills and not his annoying face! I enjoyed flying at that beautiful place, anyway.

At sixth day, I finally find him. He just stands in front of Pyramid of Giza and taking pictures. I was about to run and punch his face, but I realized something, if he didn't do that, I will never have time for myself. I will never enjoy and making friends at humans. Hmm, not bad.

On the seventh day, where here in Iceland to sight the Aurora Borealis. I was amazed because the green light in the sky. That's my first to see that thing in the sky so I take a picture with it and Mr. Wilson. The face of him is annoying, but because he is with me, I consider his handsome even he is seven-hundred-years-old.

In eight days, we spend together at Seoul, Korea and eating kimchi. I even spotted my idol walking with her assistant. I'm so happy so I stopped the time and take a picture with her. So I used my power and Mr. Wilson scratch his head because of my childish behavior.

"Nice one, Cassandra." 

At ninth day, I'm counting my all souvenirs from the places we travel. I laughed because the spoon in Jabella is in my bag.

"Bad, why the spoon is there?" Mr. Wilson laughed at me.

"I don't know. Hahaha, at least every time I see this spoon, I will remember the buffalo wings and the clubhouse."

Mr. Wilson smiled at me and help me to arrange my things. On this day, we will go at the place where humans buried, at Manila Cemetery. This place buried my friend named Harry. He's a human and he died in a car accident. I clean his place and light the candles.

"Hello, Harry. It's been a while. I know you didn't hear me, but I know where you are now, I know you're okay." 

"You know, I go beautiful places in this country. It's so many beautiful places in the Philippines, the Aurora Borealis at Iceland, and your favorite place at Pyramid of Giza."

I wipe my little tears and I continue, "I'm with Mr. Wilson. You know, that old demon talked my father to give me a permission to go on an amusement park. He taught me about how birds fly and lessons about life. He is annoying but have a good cold heart."

After an hour of telling my eight days vacation, I stand up and Mr. Wilson opens his umbrella. "Let's go, Cassandra." 

On the last day of vacation, we are here at the playground.

"Are you happy, Cassandra?"

"Yes, I'm very happy. I wish we can travel more than ten days."

December 29, 2020 17:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.