1 comment

Science Fiction Thriller

I'm beautiful. I am elegant. From head to toe, I'm perfect. My friends would agree with me. They keep explaining to me how I'm flawless. People try and become me, but they can't. I've become their mission, their goal. Those foolish humans torture themselves trying the impossible.


People think I'm an android because I can do the unimaginable. I can lift a weight heavier than concrete. I can break metal with my bare hands. People don't understand me when I tell them, but when I show them, they are in awe. I like to toy with them sometimes. I compete with them over impossible challenges that I know they can't win. Most of them get hurt, but that's the beauty of it.


Silly, silly humans. They don't know when to stop. It's fun watching them strive to be something they're not. It can't be this easy to mess with them. I mean, I am an ideal human, but any intelligent being can see through my disguise. Can't they? Nonsense, I'm only human.


I don't wear disguises and I do not intend to. I simply am one. Nothing sinister about it. I am merely human. If you saw me, you can agree. Everyone eventually does. Appearance is everything, and because of this, the world exists in my hands.


I'm sorry if I sound frightening. My only intention is to better humanity. I'm a friend to all... I swear. I go to work like everyone. I do ordinary things like everyone. I obey the rules. The people that do not, just confuse me. Sometimes it irritates me.


Making me angry isn't the best option. It's alarming when I am. That's why everyone should be on my good side. I am admired by all. That's how it has been. Of course, humans are arrogant and make mistakes. Stupid mistakes take time, and that's the one thing they don't have.


Believe me when I say I'm a big fan of humans, considering I... am one, but we can't spare any more time or blood. I know I can be a little intense, but to save our world, we have to be. You may get an eerie feeling about me that's reasonable. I would too if I were you. I'm simply unique and maybe a little insane, but that's what makes me perfect. That came off weird. Let's just I'm a friendly person that wants to save humanity and maybe let it burn as a highlight.


 There’s no need to fear me. All I ask is for respect. It would be weird not to. I gave reasons upon reasons to adore me. I'm happy to provide more. I am a rational person. I get angry when people don’t, and as I said before, you will regret it. I am beautiful. I'm flawless. There is every reason to worship me. My program will not allow anyone that doesn’t. I mean, my brain will not. I merely acquire attention like any well-mannered human. 


If a person yearns for something so badly, they will do anything in their power to get it. That's solely what I am doing. My code requires approval. My...my system craves it like a drug. It's a flaw, but I'm not a defect. My creators created me to be flawless, and I am. I should be the ideal human that everyone wants to become. I’m getting more annoyed just thinking about it.


I'm human, yet these people doubt me. Yes, I might seem overly intimidating, but that's fine, intimidation is healthy. I can always evolve to follow the rules if needed. One of these day's I can come out of the shadows. I won't have to blend in anymore. My dream.


I could finally show my true colours, but only when the day arrives. I can't wait. It almost brings a smile to my face. If people found out who or what I am, they would freak, and we can’t have that. My system would collapse if that happened. Some days the urge to bust free engulfs me. The expression of terror I would be able to create and see in their eyes. The sound of it pleases me. The attention, yes, all of the attention on me. Maybe that day is today.  Maybe I can see the terror today.


As I think about it, it all makes sense.  Today is the perfect day. I'm tired of evolving. I'm done following the rules. It's time to save humanity by getting rid of it. I am the saviour that will cure the earth of its pests.


I can finally do what I was planned for. I'm tearing away the horrendous skin attached to my perfect body. I see stares coming at me in all directions. The thrills of revealing what's sacred to me consume every inch of my body. I expose my mechanical skeleton, and I've never been so gorgeous in my life.


I hear cries of terror in the background. My smile grows deep as I hear more screams angled towards me. Yes, this is what I wanted. They all look terrified and pale. Some even vomit out of fear.


My smile keeps growing more horrifying by the second. I love this. The frightful shrieks bring me pleasure. How I adore the attention they give me. I tilt my head towards this one human. Their face is blank. Why are they ignoring me! Am I not beautiful? Am I not perfect?!


I will make today their last. No human shall ruin my perfect day. My grin shifts into a frown. The anger raging inside me bursts into an eruption. My code blacks out. A few hours later, my hard drive reboots itself. I awake covered in blood. Human corpses seem to be everywhere.


I start to chuckle a bit. I am beautiful. I am elegant. I am ideal. I am perfect...

February 24, 2021 19:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Michael Boquet
04:21 Mar 04, 2021

I love your take on the prompt. A psychotic android is brilliant! Thinks it's perfect and doing the right thing, but winds up going on a killing spree. This story is so unique. Every other story I've read for this prompt made the android good or sympathetic. It's awesome you made yours evil. Glad we got paired in the Critique email this week. I hope you'll check out my stories. P.S. Is your profile pic from Archie/Riverdale?

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.