3 comments

Fiction Funny Sad

Every day he struggled after getting out of bed, not because of pain. Every day is the same in his life without a change. Every morning he had a hard time remembering what the date is and it’s really annoying and it’s been very effective to his life and this is his story. Tommy Pierce is a programmer who works at the biggest company ever known called” Techno-universe”. Every day new projects came up and have to finish them before the limited time is over. He always comes back from around 9 to 11 p.m. Then he has to get to work before 9 in the morning. Every day he attends meetings and does his work and it’s always the same. After all this none stop work and same things to do every day, even in holidays he has to work before it’s out of date. No one could live a life doing and seeing what they saw yesterday with none stop work and all other problems to discuss every day, he started to get bored. With all that pressure and stress, every day being what he did yesterday, he started to lost track of time and thought every day is yesterday and the next day he thought it was yesterday and being what he does last time and every morning, he is having a hard time thinking if it’s today or yesterday and he almost go nuts. His pressure from doing work and doing the same thing is one problem and the other problem is that he has to remember on concentrating which day it is. The pressure became stronger and stronger every day. On April 26, he woke up at 7 a.m and think for about 10 minutes on concentrating what day it is. He had some eggs, bacon and bread and of course, a hot cup of coffee. He left home at 9 a.m and went to the company he works and he did his work as usual and attend meetings at 10 and 4 o’clock. The two meetings he attended arranged the meeting schedule for tomorrow at the time they did today. He went home at 10 p.m and watched a movie and went to sleep at 11.30 p.m. he woke up at 7 a.m and think for about 10 minutes on concentrating what day it is. He had some eggs, bacon and bread and of course, a hot cup of coffee. He left home at 9 a.m and went to the company he works and he did his work as usual and attend meetings at 10 and 4 o’clock as they schedule the meeting yesterday. This is an example of his life and no wonder he lost track of time. The days are always being the same and haven’t even got time to rest. On June 11, he went to work as usual but this time he has a calendar on his door and he marks the date of tomorrow and looks at his calendar. But unfortunately that didn’t help. On June 12, he woke up at 7 p.m and looks at the calendar and tried to remember when he marked that date. He was so tired he fall at sleep again and he woke up 15 minutes later. He remembered that he woke up earlier and looked at the calendar again. He thought he marked the date for tomorrow and thought today is yesterday. If he doesn’t forget the date when he woke up, he lost the time again after he comes back home from work because the same thing is always going on and on every day doing the same thing he did yesterday without the activities and work he doesn’t change at all. His life is boring and it isn’t exciting to do it every day and it is really miserable. He tried to have to day off and pretended to be sick but he couldn’t remember to know what date is today, yesterday or tomorrow. It was a very hard life for him to handle this kind of life. He wanted to change jobs and that isn’t possible. On November 25, he had a very important meeting at 11 o’clock. He didn’t forget the meeting but had a hard time trying to remember the date the meeting is scheduled. He went to work as usual and thanks to his assistant reminding him about the meeting. He didn’t miss the meeting and arrived on time. He asked for a day off on Sunday and his permission was granted. On November 26, he went to a normal company for a job interview and that job is the best suitable job for him. The manager told him to come back for an interview tomorrow because they are busy today. That was a problem for him. That was a chance for him to get back the track of time with a new job and every day isn’t the same as yesterday because the job description says” Employees will do a short project every day and the new project will come up tomorrow with a different topic”. He tried to remember the date and set lots of alarm so he doesn’t forget to go. He won’t go to work because it’s Sunday tomorrow and he took a day off but others will have to go to work none stop. The interview starts at 11 p.m and he couldn’t miss it. He went to sleep with confidence that he would go to the interview. He woke up 7 in the morning as usual except there were lots of alarms ringing. He turned off the alarms and tried to remember what day it is. The days are always the same and he knows this day is different. He had breakfast and thought what the date is and there is a calendar in front of him with a giant circle with today’s date. This is unusual but in other days he already marked the dates and this is just normal for him. The one thing unusual for him is the alarms ringing at once. He thought about it for a couple of minutes. Then, he got confused and got the days mixed up and thought today is the big meeting and went straight to work. There were a lot of traffic and arrived to work at 11 and when he got there, his friend told him the meeting is over and he is supposed to take a day off. He realized he was late for the interview. He took other interviews at other jobs but he couldn’t get there on time because the dates are mixed up and every day is the same. Every day do meetings at the same time and arrive home late at work and don’t have time to enjoy his days. He lived his life with days mixed up and tried his best to make the days different.

March 07, 2021 13:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

02:22 Mar 15, 2021

I’d like to offer my advice, if you don’t mind. PLEASE use paragraph brakes! It’s very difficult to read a story that is one long stretch of text, and will ultimately help you become a better writer if you can know when the time comes to start a new section. You also switched between present and past tense quite a bit, remember to choose one and stick to it for the duration of the story. The story itself was good, and I’m excited to read more of your writing in the future.

Reply

Ye Wint Aung
12:03 Mar 15, 2021

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try to make it more interesting and write correctly. Once again thank you.

Reply

20:26 Mar 15, 2021

You're welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.