0 comments

Fiction Thriller Adventure

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

The cold winter air licked at Tammy's face trying to chill her from her head to her feet. That was a impossible task as beads of sweat dripped down her forehead, Tammy wiped her sweat with the back of her hand then retrieved the leg and continued to drag the body down to The basement. Each 'thump' on the steps reminded Tammy of what waited down below in the hungry darkness. Time was ticking she just needed a little more time and then she would be ready.

It has been almost six months since the world went into complete chaos and the impossible became possible. What use to be Hollywood movies, fun and games, had now became real life. Food and water became scarce, crime rates skyrocketed, before Tammy knew it the world was turned upside down. To follow that up with a even worse case scenario people started dying and coming back to life. Just like that Tammy world and her way of living disappeared.

Tammy finally reached the bottom of the stairs just in time as the body she was dragging started to slightly jerk. Tammy hurriedly cuffed the bodies hands and ankles with the metal chains, a muzzle over the now growling mouth, and placed a blindfold over the dead, grey, sunken in eyes. With a grunt and one long pull Tammy was able to place the body inside its cage. Five, Tammy counted to herself, five bodies so far.

The first day Tammy seen her actual alive dead body, she was in class listening to Ms. Maroone giving a math lecture. It was especially hot that day. Electricity wasn't a thing anymore unless you lived in The Hills. Tammy's teacher dismissed herself to the restroom, after a hour the small class of six decided to look for their teacher, only to find a growling and very violent Ms. Maroone.

The bloody Ms. Maroone then proceeded to tear open Tammy's classmates one by one. Tammy could only stand there in terror, knowing if she didn't run soon she was next. Ms. Maroone jumped back up to her feet after devouring one of Tammy's classmates stomachs, and made eye- contact with Tammy. That's when Tammy took off running into a classroom, and climbed out the window onto the school roof. On the roof the true chaos began to unfold before her eyes.

People ran screaming and snarling in every which direction. Dying and then popping back up without stomachs or necks hanging on the side from thin skin. It was horrible a nightmare come true, things became even worse once the president of the United States was bitten by his daughter. After that all hope was lost and the world went to the point of no return.

Tammy was staying in a small farmhouse since everything began. unfortunately the food was running low and she needed a way to travel. Tammy had seen in movies that surrounding yourself with bodies could help lower the chance of other bodies seeing or smelling you. Tammy didn't know if it would work but she hoped to God it did.

Tammy headed back up the stairs closing the door and adjusting all the locks and bolts behind her. She took a deep breath and began blowing out the candles she had lit around the small house. Night slowly began to creep in which was Tammy's favorite part of the day. It gave her the opportunity to watch the beautiful stars until her eyelids became heavy and she drifted off to sleep. In the first month Tammy thought she would never sleep again, but now it was just a part of her life. This was Tammy's last thought as she drifted off to sleep.

A click made Tammy's eyes pop open, she was staring down the barrel of a gun. Her eyes went up to the hand, the green sleeve, then the face of girl around Tammy's age. Her face was dressed with a decent amount of scars and gashes.

" I just want some water". The girl said.

Tammy nodded with her hands up careful not to make any sudden moves.

" Go ahead, take what you want, I don't want any trouble". Tammy said slowly.

"Neither do I". The girl responded.

It has been a while since Tammy had any human interaction and found herself excited to be talking to this girl. Tammy also knew this situation could turn dangerous so she had to keep her pokerface up.

" Then if you don't want any trouble, you can start by getting the gun out my face." Tammy said. The girls dark eyes burned into Tammy's. What were those moans down in the basement?".

Tammy hesitated on whether she should tell this girl anything. Or she could take the girl out with the knife she had nestled under her pillow.

"Put the gun down first".

There was a long pause and Tammy began to slip her hand under her pillow when the girl slowly began to lower the gun.

"Thank you."

"Where is the water and what are those noises down there?" The girl demanded.

" Listen I have questions of my own. Are you alone, And will you leave once I give you the water ?" Tammy asked.

" You won't see me again."

Tammy exhaled as she was about to share her crazy ideas for the first time.

"My food supply is low and I need to travel, so I am building a little army to walk in the middle of as I travel".

The girl paused.

"Disappointing to know I can't rob you for food". The girl cracked a smile.

"Why?" Tammy asked.

The girl shrugged.

"Got nothing better to do".

Tammy was caught off a little but could use a friend.

Tammy shrugged

"Sure, I could use help with the bodies".

"Bodies?"

"That's what's i call them".

"Why?"

Tammy couldn't remember how many people she had killed and after awhile she just stopped counting.

"After awhile I just stopped forgetting they had names and lives and just started calling them bodies. Makes it easier".

The girl nodded.

"Well my name is Carly and I'm here to help you build your army of bodies". The girl did a salute motion with her hands

" It's going to take a couple more months". Tammy admitted.

" That's okay with me, in plus Rome wasn't built in. A day!"

April 28, 2023 06:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.