0 comments

Suspense Adventure Thriller

Four years I have been in here for a crime that I didn’t even commit I yelled and screamed that I had never killed him I have never killed anybody before. They don’t care though I know my fingerprints are on the knife but I didn’t do it I know his blood is on my hands but I didn’t do it I swear I didn’t do it. I'm guilty right? That is what you must be thinking right now but I swear i’m not there wrong your wrong, I never killed him I never stabbed him like they say I did I never did any of those horrid things that they think I did. It makes me sick thinking of even harming another human being those who can are the devil themselves. I’m getting ahead of myself though let me start at the beginning here is my story I must advise you. This story is not a fairy tale nor is it one of those sappy love stories of a prince and princess who fall in love, If you read on you will have dreams horrible dreams of terror that you could never even began to think existed. Read on at your own risk but if you do you will never be the same I can promise you that. It all started when I was five years old my mother had just passed a little over a year ago she had HLH which stands for Hemophagocity lymphomistioytosis most people don't know about HLH. It's this illness that takes over ones white blood cells. To which you slowly overdose on them and your body breaks down from them. HLH is a rare cancer my mom fought hard to try and survive but the diseases took over her. I can still remember the day she died like it was yesterday.

“Honey” My mom chocked out the word but I could hear her clearly she looked so sickly she was pale and the light that was once bright in her eyes were dull. Her eyes looked faded she looked like she was dead the only give away that she wasn’t was the soft rise and fall of her chest and the gasp and whimpers that escaped her mouth every once and a while.

“I love you my sweet prince” I heard my mom say I tried to hold in my tears I was five years old I didn’t know what was happening I was scared to death.

“Mommy what’s going on” I said in a desperate voice I waited but my mom never answered me she just laid there still.

“Mommy, Mommy, Mommy” I screamed why wasn’t she answering me what was going on. I looked over at my daddy he had tears running down his face he looked frozen.

“Daddy” I said timidly I was scared what was going on with my mommy and daddy.

“Daddy what’s going on” I said daddy finally looked at me but his look was hollow his eyes less bright he seemed like he wasn’t even here.

“Baby mommy went to heaven remember when we were talking about that mommy went there she’s gone now but she’s a angel now looking over us from above.” I didn’t quite know what my dad meant back then but I do now I can remember my five year old self cried harder than I ever had in my life that day my dad did to. He broke down into sobs each one stronger than the last. After that day my dad was never the same he worked longer hours at work and left me alone more often than before. My dad was a complete wreck he was a hollow shell of the person he once was everyday he cam home smelling of alcohol of course I didn’t know. What alcohol was back then my dad drank to the point of passing out on the couch most nights I would stay up late every night waiting to hear the loud thud of our door. Opening then closing just to make sure my dad came back home each night and if my dad didn’t I would stay up all night hoping he would be alright. Each day my dad got worse each day was worse than the last one bottle turned to three then to five he drank. So much that I could smell the stench of alcohol from my room when he was downstairs and I was upstairs. Looking back on it now it’s a surprise that he didn’t die from how much alcohol he drank. I sighed as I wad pulled into another daydream of my past.

“Stupid kid” I heard my daddy say I whimpered in fear I wanted my daddy back the daddy that he used to be before my mommy died the one that held me in. His arms when I had a nightmare the one that made chocolate chip cookies with me and let me lick the spoon afterward. The one who took me to the park and pushed me on the swings but that daddy was gone. I don’t think my daddy is ever coming back this was not my daddy the person standing before me was a monster. I whimpered again when the monster stepped towards me he shoved me down on the floor I screamed a horrible pain splitting through my leg.

“Look what you did” the monster yelled at me he kicked me in the ribs and I whimpered in pain a few tears coming down my face I wanted the monster to stop. I was in so much pain it was horrible I cried more tears but they weren’t just because of my pain they were also for my mommy. I wanted my mommy back then my daddy would be normal again but mommy wasn’t coming back and neither was daddy.

“I didn’t mean to daddy” Right now the monster was yelling at me saying my mommy leaving to heaven was my fault.

“If you had never been born then your mom would never have died” At the time I was confused as to what the monster meant by mommy dying my mommy was in heaven. I know what the monster meant now but back then I was a foolish six year old not knowing what was going on. The monster grabbed me by the arm and threw me down to the fireplace. I sigh as I come out of the memory turning slowly I grab my knife and slowly make a tally on the wall like I have been doing for the last four years. I sigh as i slowly sleep into a sleep filled with nightmare's when I wake up I turn and grab my knife only to be faced with a wall that has no cuts in it.

"What happened" I whispered to myself I feel a sharp pain in my head and then the world goes black.

December 30, 2020 02:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.