0 comments

Fantasy Romance

..her and see her sucking up a deer and when she's done she turns to me and I grab her face and I kiss her hard no caring if my self-control is gone, all I care about is that she is mine and even if she's not breathing she is still alive, “ow” I loosen my grip “sorry I forgot that I'm still stronger than you and faster but at least I can go more in now”.She smiles and says “I love you, Jake”.This time I reply and now she is not dying “as much as I love you”.She smiles and then I hear Lilly coming close she stares at violet and says “Jake, you bit her! What happened? You know you are not allowed to bite another human.” I open my mouth, and then Gabe, my father comes and says “son, what have you done,” this time I can speak “she got bit by a poisonous snake so I tried to suck the venom out but it was too late and I couldn’t lose her.” Gabe runs over and inspects her “are you ok?” she nods and he sighs, but before I can say anything he asks “is she a venta or a beies?” I reply almost immediately “venta”.Violet looks at me confused and as soon as Gabe is done he says “if this is truly who you love then we will get a wedding arranged, you know the rules.”

                        <<violet>>

    We arrive and I meet Rose, Gabe, Lilly, and Eli I formally introduce myself before we head back to Jake’s room and I ask as soon as we step inside “what's a venta and what's a beies?” he smiles and says “ venta is vampires with less strength and speed but more awareness and beies is what I am, fast and strong but less awareness. funny that you mentioned that because Lilly is a beies and eli is a venta and its hilarouis watching him lose at an arm wrestler to a 5-year-old.” I nod but ask “what is the rule, why the wedding” he looks at me and answers “The rule is once 1 vampire and human fall in love they must get bitten and when they do they have to have a wedding before having..sex.” I hug him and say “you better get a wedding ring ready”. He smiles but says “we can't invite your family though and your only 16” I laugh and say “my mom abandoned me when I was 3 and I told you that my dad got murdered by those wolves. You are my family.” he walks away and comes back with a box and he gets on one knee and proposes and of course I say “yes”. 

  He puts the ring on my left ring finger and he kisses it and I say “you already have a ring!” he nods and says “it was my sister's before she died”. I apologize and he takes me to his parents and announces “we are ready, when will the wedding happen?” Jake's little sister squeals and runs over to me and hugs and says “tomorrow, can I be the flower girl?” I laugh and pick her up and say “of course you can '' she giggles and turns to jake's big brother and says “welcome to the family, hell ya it's going to be tomorrow”. Rose looks at me and smiles “It’s good to have a teenage daughter”, “welcome to the family, violet” replies Gabe. Jake appears at my side and I put Lilly down and he wraps his arm around my side and the family runs out of the house to start putting the wedding together.

    I turn to Jake and ask “what are we going to do now?” he smiles and kisses my cheek and he answers “whatever you want, unless it has anything to do with making love because we will have to wait to do that tomorrow after the wedding” I smile and run straight toward the river where I wait for him and when he makes it has to stop and when he does I start taking off my shirt and pants and I can feel his eyes on me as I walk into the river, It doesn't feel cold because it is probably the same as my skin and I submerge my body and start swimming in powerful strokes from my last human body was not as strong but as soon as I make it to the middle I look up and see jake 3 inches from me that he must have covered with powerful strokes since he was stronger than me. He pops his head up next to me and I splash him and he laughs and it's a sweet and not required laugh it feels so right coming out of his mouth. He smiles and dunks me under the water and he is about to pull me up since he is still getting adjusted to me being a vampire and I don't need to breathe at all. I turn around and go for his legs and he falls backward which is surprising but I am only a little bit less strong and he is not as hard as rock anymore so I can push him down. He regains his balance and pushes me into deeper water and I laugh as he puts me on his shoulders and he is taller than me but I laugh and look down and see his muscles pulsing as he spins around and I hit his shoulder playfully and as soon as I think that I can stay forever here on his shoulders, he throws me in the water lightly.

   I look up and see the sun start to set so I swim to the shore and it feels weird getting out because the water-soaked bra and underwear is probably showing more and I start putting my clothes on and Jake is just sitting there watching me and I yell “are you coming?” He nods and gets out and I can see he has nothing on but his boxer shorts so he goes over and gets dressed and I decide to start climbing up a large oak tree and he follows and I sit down on the branch and notice that my clothes are dry even with my soaked bra, probably because I climb up here faster than the speed of well..speed.I sit at the top and watch the rest of the sunset and I feel jakes body next to me and I put my head on his shoulder and I spend the rest of the night looking at the stars why jake tells me which ones are which and describes all of astrology and the zodiac signs.

                         <<Jake>>

I spend the whole night with her and when dawn approaches I hear Eli screaming “Jake, violet its time. We have everything ready except the dress which rose is going to take violet to pick out” she looks up and says “see you at the altar” and she climbs down and I follow and Eli takes me to the house and rose leads her to the car and drives away. Eli and Gabe show me mine and it's a black suit and I put it on and they take me to the back of the house and I see white flowers and only a couple of chair and red roses all around the altar, once I am dressed Gabe goes upstairs and get his fathers ring and gives it to Eli who also has violets ring and he sees me looking at him questioningly “she gave it to me since I am the ring boy.” he says and starts straightening my bow and we go upstairs and they make my hair neat and then I get my dress shoes and wait by the altar for my bride to walk down the aisle. A hour goes by and i see lilly coming down spreading red rose flowers and i see violet in a white gown that looks beautiful and the back is long and she walks alone and gabe goes to the front and starts his wedding rehearsal and he turns to violet and asks “do you violet,take jake as your lawfully loved husband from now and forever no matter what?” she doesn't even blink as she replies “I do” he repeats the question and i say “I do” and eli gives us the ring and we kiss but i dip her and then kiss her for a couple of seconds and then we pull apart and everyone cheers and we finish up by going on a hunt and she gets a little bear blood on her dress and when we come back we start heading up to my room and rose stops us and says “ i have a little 

April 16, 2021 15:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.