WHAT IS A SECOND CHANCE ?

Submitted into Contest #54 in response to: Write a story about a TV show called "Second Chances."... view prompt

76 comments

Creative Nonfiction



What is second chance ? To know what is it read it ahead.


Once there was boy named Charlie. He lived in Florida, U.S.A .  He was  in 3rd  standard in Canterbury School. He was hard-working, intelligent and good in athletics. His Goal was he wanted to become a scientist. His mother is a doctor and his father is a police.


But he used to come second every time. He questioned himself that  “Why I  should do hard-work because I am not coming first ?” His body replied “You should not do hard-work as you are not coming first.” His parents were listening what he was telling to himself. 


The parents went inside his room and questioned him “Why you don’t want to do hard-work ?” He answered in unsound voice “ Because I am not coming first with my hard-work.” His parent exclaimed “You have SECOND CHANCE !” 


He told “ What should I do with second chance ? I am losing in first chance so, what about second chance. In that also I will lose.” His parent left his room sadly.


His parent went to their room and started thinking what had happened to their child. First he was so good in studies and now he is not studying only. 


The parents thought that they have done any mistake or not encouraging at times. They started encouraging him but then also he was not taking interest study and sports. 


His exams arrived. His parents were worrying he would be FAIL or PASS. The result was fail but Charlie didn’t care about his result. He just used to spend his time on TV or listening music. 


His parents were thinking that what he will become when grows up. First he used was thinking to become a scientist but he didn’t cares about it.


They were thinking how they tell the meaning of the word – SECOND CHANCE. 


Then an idea struck in the parents mind. {both the parents had got same idea} Both parents told together about ‘ THE SECOND CHANCE SHOW .‘ 


The parents were amazed how their idea was same. Charlie’s dad told “ How our idea was same.” Charlie’s mom  said “ I got the idea because I have watched it for a year.” Charlie’s dad asked “ Why you were watching it ? 


Charlie’s mom answered “ When I was small I was like Charlie. I was intelligent but then I didn’t took interest in studying as I was coming last. Then my mother ‘ told me that from now onwards you will watch a TV show named THE SECOND CHANCE SHOW.’ “ 


“That’s the story how I got know about the show.” Dad exclaimed “Me too, I got the idea by the same way. Can you continue the story ?”


Mom told “ Yes! She continued then when I started seeing the show, first 2-3 days I was not understanding what was the show all about. Then my mother said that, this will help you to again take interest in studies. I watched it and understood what is second chance all about. Then I started studying again. I was not thinking how many marks I got or which place I came in sports. I just started studying and focused what I want to become. I wanted to become a nurse which I am now. “


Dad said “ Lets tell Charlie about the show.” Both parents agreed and went to Charlie.


Both parents went to Charlie and told “ Will you watch a TV show known as THE SECOND CHANCE SHOW  ? Charlie answered “I will see it for a week and then decided whether to see or not.” Parents said “Ok my child!” 


Charlie started to see the show. He didn’t understood what was the show about. His dad exclaimed “ It’s a show about second chance. It will tell about how people behave when they lose their first chance and how they prepare for the second chance.”


After a week of watching Charlie was amazed how we behave when we lose the first chance. Then his parents asked “ Do you want to watch the show ahead or not ? “ Charlie answered “YES , I want to see it ahead.” 


Both the parents were happy as Charlie was taking interest in the show. 


The show was talking about when we do hard-work and we lose are first chance or we come second we take decision like we will not study or do anything in the life. There was person in the show known as Morris. He was actually narrating his incident.


How he got to know about the term SECOND CHANCE. When lose the first chance we should keep trying till we succeed. We should see are mistake and work on it. You should remember some important lines.

1.    We should try till we succeed – “try try till you succeed”

2.    When we work-hard we will get what we  are going to achieve – “one they our goal will touch are feet” 

After watching for a month Charlie realised where he went wrong. Which attitude was wrong at the time and which attitude should be there on time. 


He asked his parents to “ I want to meet to Morris. So I know where which attitude should come. His parents answered “ Yes my child , if you want to meet Morris we are ready.” 


They went to the Morris Manor where he live. They talked to him and they got which attitude should come at the time. 

§  Never lose hope when we lose a game or are first chance

§  We should always go through are mistakes and overcome on it when we are preparing for the second chance.


Charlie promised to his family and started taking interest in studies again. After 15 years of hard-working he became the head scientist is the U.S.A’s  number 1 lab.


After 5 years a virus came in the world known as COVID-19. There was no vaccine for it. Charlie’s team worked hard but didn’t succeed in the first vaccine but he encouraged his team and made the vaccine for COVID-19. He was awarded the best scientist award by W.H.O . 



So, now can you tell what is SECOND CHANCE  ? 

 


 



August 10, 2020 09:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

76 comments

I'm here, no worries! Wow, agreeing with Akshat, this was interesting! :o Some mistakes you should look out for are to place a comma before your dialogue starts, for example, "He told" should have a comma after the word "told." I like the question at the end (a second chance is kind of like after your first try, you decide you can do better so you do it again, but better!).

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:10 Aug 11, 2020

Thank You :)

Reply

Your welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amogh Kasat
11:35 Aug 10, 2020

The authors who will read my story please answer the last line. So, now can you tell what is SECOND CHANCE ?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amogh Kasat
10:13 Aug 10, 2020

P.S. : Please read my story : Zilla Babbitt Aerin

Reply

Akshat .
12:11 Aug 10, 2020

You can check my name off the list 😉

Reply

Sia S
04:11 Aug 11, 2020

XD

Reply

Amogh Kasat
08:18 Sep 10, 2020

Can you upvote my comments please and I will do the same

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Batool Hussain
13:44 Aug 10, 2020

Hello! What exactly is this list? You asked me to read and here I am. This is so good for a first story. Wonderful! I do think there is just one problem here. Try to use normal font please as it might be quite disturbing to the readers. Other than that a good story. If you don't already know where to change the font. At the time of submission there are two options H1 and H2 : you choose H1 for smaller font. Okay? Keep it up!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:11 Aug 11, 2020

My first line came in small font size but rest came big. Thank You :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Akshat .
10:57 Aug 10, 2020

Very interesting story! It's a good first try. There are some grammar mistakes but you can edit those. You should use Grammarly, it really helps out! Score: 4.5 out of 5

Reply

Amogh Kasat
11:14 Aug 10, 2020

Thank You Akshat

Reply

Akshat .
11:22 Aug 10, 2020

:)

Reply

Amogh Kasat
11:32 Aug 10, 2020

Can you answer the last line : So, now can you tell what is SECOND CHANCE ?

Reply

Akshat .
11:52 Aug 10, 2020

Nope, sorry.😅 Can you tell me the answer?

Reply

Akshat .
12:09 Aug 10, 2020

And, also, you don't have to make the font of the story so big. A normal font can do just fine!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amogh Kasat
09:38 Aug 10, 2020

This is my first story in Reedsy. Please like and comment on it. Hope you like it! ! P.S: Read it and comment.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amogh Kasat
02:20 Aug 11, 2020

I am writing a novel with 𝔸𝕜𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔸𝕥𝕒𝕝

Reply

Saksham Pro
06:38 Aug 13, 2020

It is a fabulous and a amazing story

Reply

Amogh Kasat
06:39 Aug 13, 2020

thank you:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akshat .
17:00 Aug 24, 2020

Why havent you submitted any stories?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Niveeidha Palani
12:24 Aug 16, 2020

Hi Amogh! Good try! You sort of lost the thread in some places, and remember, you need to develop character and plot. I caught a lot of punctuation errors. You forgot to end a speech mark and forgot to place a full stop in places. It was an interesting concept, yes, but remember that grammar and punctuation matter too! :)

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:13 Aug 17, 2020

thank you! I will work on it

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
07:40 Aug 17, 2020

No problem :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
14:46 Aug 14, 2020

Just wanted to say Amogh, since you asked, I WILL be making another part of Ambitions! Go to the first part, because I have posted a comment with more details.

Reply

Amogh Kasat
03:03 Aug 15, 2020

ok

Reply

Akshat .
03:30 Aug 15, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Roshna Rusiniya
15:18 Aug 15, 2020

Congrats on your first submission. Well-written. The question at the end was interesting. Keep writing. All the best to you.

Reply

Amogh Kasat
05:23 Aug 16, 2020

thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
15:47 Aug 10, 2020

Cool story! It's a good first try. I agree with the other commenters that you should use grammerly or something else. Overall, great job!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:10 Aug 11, 2020

Thank You :)

Reply

Avery G.
02:10 Aug 11, 2020

You're welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sue Marsh
20:13 Aug 16, 2020

Amogh, I love the parable of the second chance. The storyline is strong however you have quite a few grammatical mistakes, I am guessing that English is your second language. English is the hardest language there is at least I think so. I learned to speak Spanish that is easy. English there are lot of words that are similar they sound the same but are spelled differently. It just comes with practice as does writing. Keep writing your two stories are very good. Sue

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:13 Aug 17, 2020

thank you! I will work on it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jesna Anna S.
08:25 Aug 16, 2020

Good story! Keep writing!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
09:02 Aug 16, 2020

thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yolanda Wu
00:47 Aug 16, 2020

Wow, what a great story!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
05:23 Aug 16, 2020

thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Corey Melin
02:34 Aug 14, 2020

Enjoyed the read. Kept you reading to find out the results. A second chance to succeed. We all need chances.

Reply

Amogh Kasat
02:52 Aug 14, 2020

Thank You :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Utkarsh Sharma
07:07 Aug 13, 2020

was fantastic

Reply

Amogh Kasat
07:15 Aug 13, 2020

thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
09:42 Aug 11, 2020

Good first try. You should run through a grammar check, but rest is nicely done.

Reply

Amogh Kasat
09:51 Aug 11, 2020

Thank You:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Faith Hunter
15:43 Sep 13, 2020

Amazing story! I hope there is more as wonderful as this. -Faith

Reply

Amogh Kasat
16:46 Sep 13, 2020

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Awesome job Amogh! Very interesting!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
11:00 Sep 02, 2020

thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
22:36 Aug 26, 2020

Great job!

Reply

Amogh Kasat
04:55 Aug 27, 2020

Thanks please read my other stories

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shivani Manocha
16:22 Aug 25, 2020

It is a sweet little story. Good work! I would just recommend revising it for grammatical errors. Keep writing:)

Reply

Amogh Kasat
05:13 Aug 26, 2020

thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.