5 comments

Adventure Christian Fiction

Humans, you have certainly evolved into what you are today. I am wondering naively if your locomotive abilities are far behind what the saints, Lucifer and God possess. Talking about the last two beings humans, didn’t Lucifer made it clear to Adam and his missus that if they eat from the central tree that it’s more life to them instead of more death God warned them of ah.

Not that am questioning who was doing more of manipulating there in that garden or who was doing more of lying. Heaven forgive me if I ever for once thought God a liar.

I have been as confused as most of you were about that story that came out of that garden long time ago. But I given that incident in Eden a really thought over, dissected and analyzed every utterances there physical and spiritual and came to understand how Satan and God operates. 

God, if you had been enterprising enough to make out time, read his words well and climb into his head figuratively speaking to figure out how he operates, humans, you would not be too confused or surprise about his ways like most are still is today. 

Some of us take people at face value, controlled by aesthetical qualities humans are known to be suckers for more than the core values. But we are all humans, right? – that is our weakness.

 I overheard this conversation not long ago while minding my own business somewhere not far from here. One human was talking to himself after conferring for about three minutes with his acquaintance. Eavesdropping on their talk, I noticed that it must have been second or third time such brief meeting was taking place in their lives. 

 “ This guy, looking at you, you looked so common. But when talking to you, you can’t cease surprising me” the one walking away said out to himself. I smiled to myself for that wasn’t the first time I have heard such assessment from humans on their fellow humans. That was exactly how humans view God, his words and ways. That must have been reason the holy Book said:

     “ The eye have never seen or ear heard or have it ever entered into the mind of human what God prepared for those who love him”

Well I hope once again that am not trying to challenge God's words or something, but my dear humans, it have entered my mind for long what God prepared for all that love him. That is even one of the reasons am talking to you in the first place. Do, if your ears aren’t for decoration, you would come to learn how to decode God's words correctly. No magic Equals that. So humans, the earlier you pay attention, the better for you and your descendants. 

I hope I have not digressed sooo far out of what led to this my rumbling in the first place. It was about the incident in that Eden garden. Who the liar there was. If we can decide that, we will have decoded who is still lying to us humans today, right?—for sure. It’s always right to hold people to their words even if it takes two thousand years. 

Recall that Satan went after Adam and his missus in that garden maybe because he love them so much and can’t understand why God was deceiving them. So, he went and told them to throw away all God said to them concerning that central tree. According to Mr. Adam, God had told them:

“ Anytime you would be so stupid to near that central tree, you would not have time to regret your excursion there”

Later, Lucifer appeared with his own admonition: “ Don’t mind that God, he is lying and deceiving you. That tree is not tree of death but that of life. Anytime you eat of that tree, your portion is nothing but surplus life and wisdom just like God. Why did you think he wants to prevent you from eating of the fruits from that central tree, because he doesn’t want you to be wise like him” 

Humans, I wonder why Mr. Adam didn’t enquire to know if Satan have eaten from that tree himself and how wise he had became. 

Okay, humans, let us give Lucifer and Mr. Adam our benefit of doubt and analyze things as they happened there. If truly that central tree in that garden had been vagina as most humans are implying, many that have eaten and still eaten from that tree not minding all the negativity and heartache attached to that central tree in forms of HIV, Viruses and other uncountable and unnamable diseases attached to that central tree, and still claim that Satan is the truthful one, then, we are fallibly fucked as humans. I am still poke nosing, searching for the wisdom Satan promised. So far humans, I have been unsuccessful.

Well, we are all entitled to our various opinions. Maybe there’s three parts to that admonition from Satan: wisdom, enjoyment and long life. 

Maybe, what we humans call enjoyment and long life is this we are witness to since two thousand years ago. Humans, work and enjoyment can’t be one and the same thing. We have not degenerated to the level of not being able to tell work from enenjoyment.Have we?

For goodness sake my dear humans, food and work can’t be the same thing and nothing like walking hands in hand between the two even if one makes the other possible. Common Sense if any sense is ever common dictates that we can’t mix business with pleasure. If we do, it’s like trying to serve two masters at ago. Which we all know humans that in our history, it never worked. All those disease we humans confirmed came from that central tree and yet, we are helpless to end our excursion there and admit that wisdom promised us by Satan doesn’t exist there. He lied to Us. He lied and still lying. It had been only death and maiming that kept coming from that central tree on top of God's sanction on us for disobeying. Still, no enduring wisdom.

Humans, since that very day our ancestor Mr. Adam listened to that snake called Satan, we have not stopped descending deeper and deeper into that creatures kingdom and that creature have refused to let go of us. Humans, we entwined with that creature himself totally now, not only wandering around the central tree now but at center of that being himself. Some of us can’t do without infusing our spirits into Lucifer himself these days. Snakes everywhere. 

   So, I asked: “ Who was saying the truth that very day in that Eden garden?” 

The wisdom we have came out from that man's palace is to infuse our spirits into all manners of things, junketing around in spirit as if being humans aren’t enough for us. Was that wisdom Mr. Adam negotiated on our behave? 

Alright, alright humans, maybe we have discovered some earthly wisdom or what seems to be wisdom like in computers to distract us from Thinking deeper about that fellow call Lucifer. But am not deceived. He had figured out another of spying on us. 

 From keyboard typing to voice typing and even helping me to spell words easily when lost. Even repeating what I said to myself to my hearing. For sure, these inventions are wonderful. They save me a hell of stress and time. Computers confuses me sometimes that I wonders if it has life of it’s own. Humans, I must confess that sometimes it frightens me too. Imagine knowing what I want to do in advance and does that without my consent. Ask me certain questions I never knew any other being outside myself knows. It’s scary.

Keyboard typing, voice typing am sure you have heard of for a long time but humans, have you heard of thought typing?

Shit, my dear humans, if this is wisdom Mr. Adam came out with in the that garden, I confess it’s scary. First time I noticed that thought typing am telling you about, I paused, then to be sure, I suspended the use of that computer for three days to be sure am not the one going bonkers.

Humans, I decided to put my facts in order before letting you know. I put that computer to test yesterday and Lo and behold, there in the screen was all my thoughts exactly as I was thinking them. I thought I was one out of vogue with latest invention and picked up my phone to ask friends if anything like this is in existence. After calling four guys to confirm that nothing like that exists, as I was placing the phone down, what I saw in the screen was: “Do you want to call the company that produce me too or maybe read the manuals?” 

My reply before distancing myself from that computer was capital : NO.

Humans, this acquired wisdom have gone beyond comprehension. Our computers have gone fully conscious for sure. We needs to contact Mr Adam. Humans, do you think these computers has that capabilities too?

June 11, 2022 07:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Graham Kinross
09:43 Jun 16, 2022

It feels like the start of the terminator franchise in this. Do you read or watch science fiction? There is a very good book like this called Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargil. Also, The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi is very good. Sea of Rust is better though. Are you working on any more stories this week?

Reply

Philip Ebuluofor
12:21 Jun 17, 2022

You mean in that Sea of Rust, garden of Eden was discussed or only the computer part of the story? Secondly, how was the whole thing, I just sat down and start writing that story. I believed that prompt was the best that would give less stress. I never heard of this book you mentioned.

Reply

Graham Kinross
12:43 Jun 17, 2022

Sea of Rust is about robots living in a post apocalyptic world. It doesn't talk about Eden really although the main character is a robot that was charged with looking after people and is sad that machines wiped out humanity so it would be a good analog for banishment from the garden of Eden. Sea of Rust and the prequel are both really good books. It is one of my favourite books at the moment. Your story was interesting. It is hard to tell who the narrator is for me until near the end. Nearer the beginning when you talk about God and the dev...

Reply

Philip Ebuluofor
13:08 Jun 17, 2022

Yeah, I get you. Thanks a lot.

Reply

Graham Kinross
13:41 Jun 17, 2022

No problem.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.