38 comments

Mystery


Us youngsters put our feet forward. We want recognition. I’m not the person to speak for fame, attention and publicity, I do this for life. I am speaking out. 

We may think this is our own life, but really we live for everyone. And so, I would also like to take this moment to thank every person on this very planet during this time. From famine to homelessness, we have all been there; now we must do the same, always.


We may not like the judgements and choices of such people, but we must stand by them to save ourselves. Politics are not needed now; support and love is what we need. Stay safe and keep on smiling- Bee. 

+++++++++++++++++++


The truth is, we don’t know how we’ll react until the moment strikes, like now. Until the gun is pointed at your temple and you can smell the metal of the barrel. Will you be strong enough to do it? To face the gun and say, “Choose me. Shoot me. Kill me.” When the time comes, what will you choose? Your life or theirs. 


One day we’ll make the right choices. People change, even Satan used to be an angel. 


Run back into the fire to rescue the dog. Donate a kidney to a friend. Marry for love, not for money. We like to think ourselves of heroes. Tell ourselves we will sacrifice our safety, health and happiness so someone else can have theirs.  

What we don’t question is, trust. If you made a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down? Would you say you would save someone’s life? Would you say you are concerned about a dying friend? Would you say you purely love your other half? You’ve been through hell in your life? Do you still know where heaven is? 


Do you want to hear the real version of life? Then don’t hide away when I say something a little raw. The more the dark room has stuff inside, the more pain it causes: it’s darker than darkness.

++++++++++++++

How long must us unworthy souls wander? This life is a burden, must we really consider life? 

++++++++++++++


“I don’t get any of this,” Joe muttered to himself, he glimpsed at the seats around him. “Perfect students.” 

They wore smiles, love for life and the attention to education. 

The sweat trickled down his back, free flowing like condensation on a window pane, it beaded on his forehead and dripped from his chin.


“What was the answer to this question? I don’t know?” He frustratingly asked himself. 

The shuffle of students eyed him for any chance of cheating.

“Mr. Joe, if I catch you cheating, I’ll rip up your exam papers and give you a big fat F.” His teacher arrogantly said. 


Joe looked at the clock. The clock was a clown, the sort you'd get in some Stephen King movie, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, FAIL. 

“Times up. Give me your papers.” His teacher grinned evilly and snatched Joes paper out of his grasp. “You’d better be hoping for a great outcome.”

His devilish smile widened and Joe could see the dark cracks of his teeth, powdered with caffeine. 

++++++++++++++++


He sighs, closing his leather journal and setting it (along with his pen) aside in his small, light cerulean blue satchel. The satchel had been his best friend ever since he had found it in the antique store five and a half years ago when mum and dad had given this to him as a kind of early birthday gift. It was the last memory of mum’s passing. And a sadness for dad. He didn’t want to keep it as it dug out painful memories. 


“Ha Joe! What kind of school bag is that? Your grandmas?” Steve laughed, merciless bully of the school. 

“Give it back Steve.” Joe powerlessly said.

“Why? It doesn’t bring back mummy’s memories, does it?” Steve mocked. 

“Steve, Don’t bring family into this.” Joe snarled. 

“Or what?” Steve pressed Joe on. 

“You’re gonna get it from me!” Joe raged. 

“Mummy’s boy should come and get it?” He questioned. 


Joe felt the anger pulsate through his veins and pumped his heart so that he could feel his heart beating in his brain: it was like an earthquake.

“Hey Joe, no need to get angry, it only needs a clean.” Steve laughed and hovered it over the bin. 

“You wouldn’t?” Joe asked.

“Oh, I would,” Steve said and dropped it into the dustbin. “Are you gonna start crying?” 


White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. His face was red with suppressed rage. 


He clenched his fist, a vein popped out of his forehead. He swung his arm. Steve began to feel light-headed, his legs gave way and he crumbled to the ground. His vision blurred as tiny droplets of sweat ran down his forehead. 

+++++++++++++++++


“Why? Why did you hit Steve? Why!” Dad shouted at Joe. 

Joe had just entered with his bag slung around his shoulder, he pulled it off and threw it across the floor. It slunk beneath the radiator. 

“Did you hear me?” Dad asked trying to keep his cool. “You know his father is your teacher. You idiot!” 

“He threw my bag in the bin!” Joe screamed.

“So you punch!” Dad shouted. 

“Yes!” Joe answered back.

“Do not raise your voice at me Alexander James Jonathon Daniels!” He roared.

Joe hesitated and felt a hitch in his throat; he swallowed hard. For a moment he remembered the times when his mother helped him. He was now left with this old fool. 


“I wish you died and not mum.” Joe yelled and slammed the door shut. 


Dad lowered himself in his arm chair hopelessly, “I wish I did.” 

Tired eyed, he slumped over. He could feel the tiredness inside him like a worm, slowly but deliberately draining his life. He’s alive, but not really living. He hears, but not really listening. His vision is a hazy fuzz, but he still wanders the earth for his son. 

++++++++++++++++


“As you all know… we had a test last Friday,” Mr Moloch said, whipping his head to the left. “Some did good…”

“Some did bad, very bad,” he said, spitefully locking eyes with Joe. 

“Definitely not me.” Joe sarcastically said. 

“Yes you.” Mr. Moloch snarled as he leaned in. “Fail.” 

He chuckled as he walked back to the front of the classroom. “You can all leave. Except for Joe. I’d like a word with him.” 


Joe gulped in fear as his fingers trembled. 


Mr. Moloch waited until the door was pressed closed. He silently made his way to the chalkboard and started writing words unrecognisable to any human. 


“Sir…” he asked.

“Mr. Moloch stopped writing and dropped the chalk to the floor where it split.

He pulled out his hands by his side and from the fingertips, it became blue. 

It was like a needle of blue die was injected into his fingertips. 

“Sir?” He repeated anxiously. “You’re… you’re turning blue.” 


Mr. Moloch snarled like an animal and jumped around. “You know what I want and I know what you want, right?” 

“You’re not going to get the gemstone!” Joe shouted as he pulled out his sword. “You’re not going to get anything.” 

“Oh! I will.” He slowly whispered. 

Suddenly he pounced forth.

His teeth, eerily incandescent, emitted a strange blue glow and were as sharp as a fine diamond sword. His skin was mostly scar tissue. What fur there had been was tufty and thin, providing no protection to the elements at all. On his torso and face were recent scabs from a meal that had fought back. His innocent looks were deceiving.


“This is going to be too easy.” Joe muttered to himself.

May 22, 2020 22:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

38 comments

Sam T.
16:00 May 26, 2020

Gosh, this story was amazing, and I loved each line. I loved how you wrote the beginning, and I was left wanting more when i reached the end. As always, i thoroughly enjoyed reading :)

Reply

Yoomi Ari
21:46 May 26, 2020

Thank you 🙏 Considering this was a draft from my “untitled-soon-to-be-made” book! 😊

Reply

Sam T.
22:56 May 26, 2020

I'm sure it'll be amazing !

Reply

Yoomi Ari
15:48 May 27, 2020

Hope so!! 😊 thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:50 May 26, 2020

Ok thanks!! It makes him really happy! :) Stay safe!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
21:43 May 26, 2020

:) happy to make another human 😃 happy!

Reply

22:01 May 26, 2020

;))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I literally had to reread the ending because it was so unexpected! Great ending to the story, though for some reason I almost laughed out loud because I was picturing some scraggly kid and my long-haired science teacher! Haha 😂! Keep writing Bee!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
10:52 May 26, 2020

Haha! Best funny comment I’ve ever gotten! I can even picture it right now😂 thank you 🦔 hedgehog!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maggie Deese
19:59 May 25, 2020

This was a fantastic story, Bee! Wonderful characterization and descriptions! Also, I saw in your bio that you are working on a novel! I am too! I wish you all the luck and you are going to make a fantastic author.

Reply

Yoomi Ari
02:38 May 26, 2020

Thank you Maggie!! Your novel will be official writers block. I too wish you the best and hope your journey is stress free!! :)

Reply

Maggie Deese
02:48 May 26, 2020

Thank you!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:15 May 25, 2020

Great story! You are very descriptive, and I enjoyed every bit of this story! It would be super helpful if you read my story made of fear, and give it feedback!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
02:33 May 26, 2020

Thank you:)

Reply

11:58 May 26, 2020

You are very welcome! :)

Reply

Yoomi Ari
21:45 May 26, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Evelyn ⭐️
18:31 May 24, 2020

I loved this story! I read this to my brother, who's name happen's to be Joe, and he loved it! The ending was SO unpredictable! I enjoyed every second of this! Great job!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
20:49 May 24, 2020

Thank you, I love that your brother enjoyed this and what a coincidence! Surprisingly, this is a draft for my new book with no title, yet, and I’m actually very pleased with the outcome. 🙏 thank you!

Reply

Evelyn ⭐️
20:55 May 24, 2020

Nice! Your welcome!😁

Reply

Yoomi Ari
20:55 May 24, 2020

😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tvisha Yerra
02:56 May 24, 2020

I caught a few errors, if you don't mind me pointing them out. When you wrote, "He frustratingly asked himself." Did you mean frustratedly? The first didn't really make sense. When you said, "'I don’t get any of this,' Joe muttered to himself, he glimpsed at the seats around him. 'Perfect students.'" The glimpsed kind of tripped me up a little. Maybe write, "he glimpsed the seats around him." or even, "He glanced at the seats around him." Not to be rude, but half the dialogue tags you write the actual dialogue doesn't have proper pu...

Reply

Yoomi Ari
20:52 May 24, 2020

First of all thank you so much for pointing out the errors. I admit I’m not a great writer and I don’t take this in offence because your advise helps me a lot. I’m writing a new book with no title, yet, and this was my draft (a part of the story). I was hoping to do at least 5 drafts until I get to my actual. Thank you, this has helped a lot. Mind if I hire you:) 😂

Reply

Tvisha Yerra
00:18 May 25, 2020

Anytime!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
11:05 May 25, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
10:31 Jun 11, 2020

Really interesting story! Loved the ending 😊

Reply

Yoomi Ari
19:13 Jun 11, 2020

Thank you Elena☺️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
14:29 Jun 01, 2020

woah, what a twist ending!

Reply

Yoomi Ari
15:16 Jun 01, 2020

🙏 thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kai Woods
22:12 May 27, 2020

Great story! Love the dialogue and descriptions.

Reply

Yoomi Ari
14:41 May 28, 2020

Thank you 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sadia Faisal
10:57 May 27, 2020

i have followed you please follow me too

Reply

Yoomi Ari
15:48 May 27, 2020

Followed ages ago:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sama Gul
06:52 May 27, 2020

Such an unexpecting ending and beautifully written story. Keep it up.

Reply

Yoomi Ari
15:48 May 27, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
C.B. Martin
00:21 May 24, 2020

Very good read and a surprising ending. If I may, I've heard some writers advise against adding dialogue tags for every piece of dialogue, so in my own writing I leave the tags out sometimes. I notice you have them for every line. Is that typical for you? The dialogue still flows very well, though. In my own writing it sounds clunky but maybe I'm just in my headspace too much.

Reply

Yoomi Ari
20:55 May 24, 2020

Thank you and glad you noticed the SURPRISE! I always add dialogue tags because it’s a habit and sometimes I ,personally, when reading over my work, don’t understand who said what. To add on, I read some stories to my siblings and so it gets confusing for them without the writing tags. Thank you! You do you! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Aqsa Malik
12:36 May 23, 2020

Woah, I definitely was not expecting the ending haha. I wish this was longer as the ended was really intriguing and I'd love to know how it played out :(

Reply

Yoomi Ari
18:59 May 23, 2020

Thank you and I know, but I’m currently writing a book. This piece is a draft from my book so I need to make at least 5 drafts until it’s up to my standards. I understand though. But stay tuned for my “still developing my title” book. Thank you! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.