1 comment

Adventure American Creative Nonfiction

    THE BOAT RIDE 

One day I woke up and overheard  my parents talking about going on a boat trip with my grandparents today. I flew out of my bed and threw on my clothes. I ran to my brother's room. I told him the news. He flung out of bed and threw on his clothes right as our mom called us down for breakfast. When we got down stairs our mom told us that we were going to the lake with our grandparents. We gulped down our breakfast and ran up stairs to get our stuff like towels, sunscreen, and some toys you might want. 

    Now it’s time to get in the car to go and see my grandparents. It was a 30 minute drive to my grandparents house so we can go on a boat ride with them later. I was very bored on the ride there all you could see was cars driving past and my toys were in the trunk in the very back of the trunk, even behind my brother's stuff.

Then we pulled into my grandparents driveway. I ran to the door and threw it open and ran to hug my grandma and grandpa. After I hugged them both I ran to the room that I usually stay in. Then I put all my stuff away and started to play with. Then my mom called me and told me to put on my swimsuit. Then I jumped into my swimsuit and ran into the living room. Then my mom said it was time to get on the boat.

Now I was stepping onto the boat and it was very wobbly. My grandpa climbed on a sat in the driver’s seat. Then I felt the boat start to move and we were off.  I asked my grandpa if we could go to the sandbar. My grandpa said yes we could I was very happy because then I could play with my toys. I brought my floats and dive toys with some goggles. On the ride there were a lot of waves and I sat in the front so I got hit with a few waves but it felt good. 

We had made it to the sandbar and a jumped into the water and ran out because it was very cold. I asked my mom if she could blow up my float for me. She said “yes and while you wait get on the phone float with your brother.” I said ok mom. I ran and jumped onto the float with my brother. Then my brother splashed me with a lot of water so I pushed him in. Then he pulled me into the water and dunked me under. When I came up I dunked him right as my mom called me up onto the boat to get my float that was my pink doughnut. I grabbed it and jumped in causing a huge splash that my mom got splashed by. So then she ran and jumped in and splashed me. After my mom and I had a splash fight. My mom through my dive toys in the water and then me and my brother dove in to get them.

Then my grandma told us it was time to go back. It was a calm ride back. When we got to the dock we parked the big blue pontoon boat. Then it was time to carry all the stuff back to the house. When we got back to the house grandma offered for us to stay the night. My mom said sure we can, Bayleigh can sleep in one of your shirts and Jonathan can sleep in one of grandpa’s shirts and I can wash their clothes for the morning. So we ended up staying the night at my grandparents and we didn’t do much that night except play a board game called monopoly and eat dinner and then we went to bed kind of a boring night. In my dream I dreamt of the day I had.

I have to spam words now

Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye ByeBye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye

February 04, 2021 15:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

J The Hedgehog
15:00 Feb 04, 2021

Note not part of prompt

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.