The greatest hero

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy

A Superpower is an exceptional or extraordinary power or ability. Powers can be obtained in 2 ways. The first way is through a great act of heroism, The greater the act the better the ability will be. Your power can change or level up if you complete and even greater action or a bunch of small act's which will slowly increase your level.

The second way is to steal an ability from another. However, to completely steal the ability of another, you must kill the original owner of the ability. That does not guarantee that you will be able to use the ability.

Every person has what is known as a frame. This frame is used to judge the level of your ability. A bigger frame would allow for more power and a wider range to use your superpower. When using your ability the frame will slowly shrink and become smaller. If your ability becomes too small, you won't be able to use your ability, for a certain amount of time. Some people even lose their power or die from contact to earth energy which was one hundred times more strong than the moon energy which was only able to create a barrier. Due to the frame, People who steal an ability larger than the range of their frame will not be able to control the power, as it is more than their body can take.

You would imagine with everyone person being able to use some sort of power that the world would be an incredible place. Well, I guess you could say it is? With the use of abilities like enhance intelligence, healing, environmental type powers have all help make the world better.

It has been over ten years since the earth started to release a massive amount of energy. For humankind to survive, we adapted. Scientists discovered that pieces of the moon could be useful to store the energy the earth emitted and use it as a shield. Later on, These meteorites started to become unstable. Humans evolved and became used to a large amount of energy, so scientists made special gear and clothing which maximised the shielding we used to get from just holding a piece of stone.

The use of moon stone's had become so common that it eventually became something anyone could get. With it becoming easier accessible it wasn't surprising that some people were crazy enough to eat it. Curiosity is a problem. But it was then that people started to gain unnatural abilities.

Remember earlier how I said there were only two ways to gain a superpower on this world. Well, all answer can be gained by those who are curious enough to take a risk. The moonstone was the shield that surrounds the Frame of Human kinds newly found Superpowers. Anything outside the shield or frame was earth destructive and unusable energy that was dangerous to humans upon contact. Of course, this meant some humans would be dumb enough to try and force their frame to expand. Surprisingly it didn't matter how many moonstones you ate. The frame would remain the same.

However, this doesn't explain what I meant by great acts or how they make you stronger or increase your abilities. Well since all earth energy was outside the shield was dangerous the energy from the moonstone became manipulative by humans and could be converted into only one ability of your choice. It isn't understood why exactly this happens since somethings about the moonstones are unexplainable by all human have a heart and a brain which are the most powerful and important things a human needs combing these with the moonstone just increase your abilities,

The more a human does the stronger they can get because both your heart and brain are needed in order to make important decisions, these decisions are seen and the base. Which the moonstone is able to amplify. It is not difficult to take advantage of having a big frame and a strong power. But it does make life a survival of the fittest where only those who are strong and have a heart can succeed. 

There are some incredible hero's in our world today. To see which hero is the best the hero must launch a shot of their ability at the very edge of their frame. Anything further won't be seen nothing is stronger than the earth core energy. 

The world was in chaos when the earth core energy started to burst out. It would drain the energy and life out of anyone who came anywhere close to it. At the begging, there was no way to avoid it but it also meant no one could do anything. The only ones who were unaffected by this energy were people up in space. The earth energy core energy was so devastatingly strong it was able to reach the moon. However, none of the astronauts on the moon were affected by earth energy.

Now onto the best part, Superheroes!

It is to be expected that a lot would change since the development of superpowers. Since the moonstone amplifies humans abilities it also increases the tought process making things like villans a problem. With the scientist development of the moonstone clothing and gear, the use of real physical stones that can be lost or destroyed isn't used as much. Without physical moonstones, human powers aren't as strong. But law you can only own both a moonstone and gear if you have a frame of over one hundred kilometres. It's harder to achieve than it sounds. 

Those who want to become heroes have one of 2 choices one is to attend one of the major training schools that anyone can attend as long as they have a frame of around three kilometres. The other way is simply to enough heroic act that your frame naturally increase. 

It is better to choose the latter since only one person actually successfully manages to pass each year from every school. There are only five schools in the world for training meaning most people end up giving up, with the amplification of both abilities and thought it ends up creating more villains and heroes. It, not a problem if there alone but a large group of villans do pose a threat and with only five government-approved heroes every year it natural for people to learn how to use their powers for self-defence. 

Heroes like my old best friend seem to be able to do everything to save everyone they also manage to get away with anything. The reason there are only five every year is that most people fail in self-control. Giving a hero both a moonstone a gear is dangerous because it means they can fight without holding back or fear of losing their power from doing wrong or losing the shield and being exposed to earth's core energy.

Which is why as a teacher with self-duplication abilities I am considered the best of the five schools making it my job to personally lookout for the top five this year and make sure they do what I have trained them to do from the beginning. Having a frame of eleven kilometres means I am a government-approved allowed to deal with all the other approvals.

My powers allow me to create a duplicate version of myself anywhere within my frame. To be a true hero is to save everyone. I failed to do that and lost my best friend as a result.

July 23, 2020 17:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.