0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Adventure

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

Dean Troutman, native New Yorker, struggled to walk down a palatial residential sidewalk as the inviting Miami sunshine burned through the tall palm trees. Under the blue sky and fluffy clouds, he wiped his brow and viewed the address on his phone.

The immaculate lawns, towering homes, and friendly waves from unknown neighbors, made him feel uncomfortable. He preferred Manhattan: no one made eye contact and he could hide in the shadows of the skyscrapers. He was on a mission. He had to speak to the Master about the issues in New York, and it couldn’t wait.

He removed his black leather jacket and put it in his backpack. One more block and he should be at the destination according to the GPS. His gold chains weighed down his burning neck. Sweat dripped from his pale face, through his saturated t-shirt, and sizzled on the concrete.

This fish out of water found his Gatorade and guzzled half of its contents. He replaced it in his bag and moved forward. He saw a group of men in the same orange uniform running toward him. Dean slipped behind a large palm branch. He watched them pass and realized they were just organized joggers; not a drop of sweat. Floridiots.

He smirked, “I didn’t see that one coming.”

He couldn’t afford to be spotted by anyone, until he relayed the information. The Master’s daughter, Emmy, was in mortal danger from Sandra Harris, the second in command. He couldn’t trust his phone because every call and text were monitored. Sandy would kill him if she knew his motives for going to south Florida. Sandy hated Emmy more than the rest of the crew; probably over a guy.

Dean stopped when his phone beeped. He looked around and saw no house, just a brick path into immense azalea bushes. He sniffed the air. He could smell the magic of the secret headquarters. He walked straight into the bushes and vanished.

The weary traveler reappeared on the brick path, but in front of a giant black iron gate fifty-feet away. He marched to the black gate and halted. What appeared to be one gate was actually two large gates connected in the middle. Dean heard mechanisms whirring and the gate slightly parted. He still could not see a house, but moved through the opening.

With his first step, he found himself in the foyer of a pristine mansion. A crystal chandelier was directly above him and a beautiful spiral staircase stood to his left. On his right were amazing paintings on the wall: A Rembrandt, a Van Gogh, a Monet. He saw a full-size marble sculpture and walked over to it. Was it a Michelangelo? His sweaty hand reached out.

“Please. Do not touch the art.”

Dean jumped and spun around to face a tall female butler.

“May I take your bag, sir?” She said. "Towel sir?"

“Yes. Thank you.” The visitor dried his face and arms. The butler placed the bag by the stairs.

“I am Marjorie. Would you like a refreshment before seeing the Master?”

“Just some water please. It’s so hot here. Thanks.” Dean handed the drenched towel back.

“Indeed.”

Marjorie held the towel with two fingers and deposited it in the trash. She went to an oak door on her left and produced two large Smart Water bottles.

“One is for you and the other for the Master.”

Dean opened his bottle and drank.

The butler waited for him to stop.

“Please follow me to the pool.”

He wiped his mouth and followed the butler through the gorgeous estate to the glass back door.

“Wait outside under the veranda until you are called. Understand?”

“Yes. Thank you.” Dean replied and then moved under the veranda.

He observed two lounge chairs with a small table in between. One was empty except for a folded towel. Dr. McMasters lounged on the other near the crystal clear pool and wore a straw fedora over his eyes. Someone swam laps. He heard soft jazz playing in the background. Dean smelled salt water, sneezed, and wiped his nose.

“Stop sniveling and come over here.” McMasters barked.

Dean hustled over.

“Put the bottle on the table.”

Dean obeyed, but held on to his water.

“So Dean, this better be important. You know how I hate to be disturbed.”

“Yes sir. Of the utmost.” Dean replied and the leaned over and whispered into McMaster’s ear for several minutes.

The doctor sat up, “Are you certain?" He lifted his hat and stared at the visitor. "I did not see that one coming.”

Dean straightened up and replied, “Ab…solute…ly…. beautiful.”

His attention had been diverted to the pool where the lone swimmer slowly emerged from the saltwater pool. A perfectly tan woman in an ivory two-piece bikini, glowed and glistened as the water dripped from her sculpted figure and strong legs. Cobolt eyes pierced his soul. She smiled at the visitor. Her smooth fingers combed through her long wet dark hair as she walked up to Dean. Her honey voice was sweet music to his ears.

“Hello, Dean. Is this for little o` me? The saltwater dries me out. I’m so thirsty. You are too kind.”

Dean extended his water bottle to her and stared.

She sipped a little and then handed the bottle back.

“Thanks. Y’all are welcome and safe here, friend. Please enjoy the amenities of House Castle. I will see you at dinner.”

The beauty touched his right arm and squeezed.

Dean smiled, waved, and stumbled back to the house. He tripped over a chair and nearly fell. He waved to her again. She watched him, giggled, and gave him a finger wave. She strolled over to her lounge chair and used the towel to dry off.

“Jocelyn, why do you toy with them?” McMasters asked.

She stretched toward the sun.

“It’s fun. I like him, he’s loyal and cute.” Jocelyn replied.

“We may have a situation in New York. It’s about Emmy.”

She placed on her sunglasses, opened the water bottle, and drank. She lay down on the lounger. She wiggled and got comfortable.

“You claimed you could handle Gotham, David. I thought you had my daughter under control. Can you manage it? Please pass me the lotion.”

He handed her the sunscreen.

“Yes, but I could use…”

“It’s time to illuminate Emmy. Bring her to me. Is that a problem?”

The stunner applied the lotion on her arms, legs, and across her toned abs.

“No. However, your presence…”

“If it is, then you will have a problem. Nothing can deter us from the plan. Nothing.”

She leaned back and absorbed the sunlight.

“Josie, I know. I just thought…”

She slowly turned her head to him and lifted her glasses. Her eyes glowed an electric plasma blue. She turned away and closed her eyes.

The doctor bowed his head.

“Yes, of course, I will handle it. Master.”

“Excellent. Take the Leer jet. When you go inside, please ask Marjorie to send Dean to join me here. It is such an exquisite day. I wanna toy with him. Have a safe trip.”

The doctor stood and briskly walked to the exit.

“Oh, David?” Josie asked.

He halted and glared at her.

“No mistakes or I will have your head.”

A moment later, Dean popped around the glass door.

“You wanted to see me, Miss.”

She reclined her chair further and flipped over.

“Yes, Dean. Don’t be shy. Come over here. Lotion my back and legs.”

The New Yorker moved cautiously and sat next to the sunbathing beauty. He squirted the lotion into his hands.

“Take your time, Dean. Please tell me what’s happening in the Big Apple. Every single detail counts. I wanna know everything.”

Dean gulped but chatted and massaged her for over an hour.

“Your hands are so soft.” Josie moaned and sat up.

She kissed Dean on the lips. His brain melted.

“Let’s go for a dip. You are so sweaty and hot.”

Dean said, “I don’t have a suit.”

“These will do just fine.”

She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him into the warm pool water. They playfully splashed each other.

“So, Dean, how well do you know Emmy, my daughter?”

“I can see where she got her good looks, Master.”

Josie smiled, “Thank you. You’re a sweet talker aren’t you?”

Dean blushed.

“You would tell me whatever I want to hear just to save your own wretched skin.”

Dean frowned and trembled with fear.

“No, Master. I didn’t mess with her; I swear it. Sandy and the others have gone rogue. They hate Emmy.”

She put a blue electrified finger to his quivering lips.

“Shh. Don’t cry. I gave y’all one rule and one consequence for violating that rule.”

“Master please. I will do what…”

Before Dean could finish the sentence, Josie snapped her charged fingers and decapitated his wet head from his sweaty shoulders. Seconds later, his flesh transformed into pillars of salt and dissolved into the water. Gold chains and an amulet sank in the water. Dean’s wet clothes floated to the pool’s surface. Josie retrieved the gold and exited the pool. She dried off, entered her home, and called out to the butler.

“Marjorie, please clean up the pool, our guest’s clothes are floating around. Put this with the others. I am off to the shower.”

The butler appeared out of nowhere. Josie handed her the jewelry.

“Of course. Will you be staying for dinner, Master?”

“No. I’m going to New York. I am taking the Mercedes. Have it brought around, please.” The Master walked up the staircase, thought for a moment, and grinned.

“Clean up Dean’s leather jacket and place it in the car. It’s frigid in the North this time of year.”

The butler rolled her eyes and muttered, “I didn’t see that one coming.”

Josie paused and scowled, “Did you say something, Marjorie?”

“Will that be all, Master?” The butler asked.

With glee, the Master scooted up the remaining stairs.

“Please get the guest suite ready. I’m bringing my daughter home.”

July 25, 2024 23:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2024-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.