53 comments

Holiday Funny

This story contains sensitive content

CW: sacrilege/irreverence.


The snowstorm raged outside the little cottage, and a smaller storm raged within. The wife saw her husband rooted in his faded green armchair, glowering at the roaring fire. At his right hand stood a small table with a glass full of amber whisky. On the floor lay a half-filled bottle, and another beside it – empty.

She knew better than to disturb him on this night but it still took all her effort not to step in and say something.

The kids will call when they call, she might have said, and he’d grunt, Ingrates.

The people still remember you, she might add, and he’d growl, They don’t even know my name anymore.

You’re still respected and feared, she might try, and he’d snarl, Pshaw! Nobody needs an old has-been like me.

And then she’d finish with a meek, I need you. And he’d just shrink into himself and sulk, his one eye smoldering like an ember.

It was a conversation they’d had thousands of times before, and it was worst at this time of the year. Her heart cried for him, but a part of her also thought him childish. But tell a man he was childish, and behold the tantrum he’d throw.

It was a shame, she thought, that they couldn’t just enjoy the holiday season like normal people.

“I baked cookies,” she said.

He grunted.

She looked at the tray of fresh baked goodies in her oven-mitted hands. “Can you smell them? Isn’t that lovely?”

He took another sip of whisky. “I hate cookies.” He didn’t even look at her, just kept staring into the fireplace.

“You do not. Don’t you lie to me.”

He raised his glass again, but lowered it before taking a sip. “Is there coconut on them?”

“Yes!” she said. “I know how much you’ve grown to like coconut. I thought I’d make a special treat–”

“–Changed my mind. I hate coconut now.”

She pursed her lips. “Well, I lied. There’s no coconut on the cookies, so you’ve run out of excuses.”

The armchair groaned when he shifted to look over his shoulder, to glare at her. Even after all these years, the gaze of the one eye and the other empty socket was fierce – but no matter how hard he scowled with his bushy white eyebrows, she wasn’t moved. She was a fierce scowler too, and she had enough sulking.

“I hate cookies,” he muttered. But, his nose – quite red from his festivities – betrayed him, as he started sniffing the air and the delectable aroma of cookie dough and chocolate. His stomach grumbled.

They stared each other down, each preparing for one of their famous winter standoffs, but before they could really get uncivil there was a knock at the door. They both glanced toward it and then back at each other, their glare broken.

“A visitor?” he grumbled. “Tonight?”

“I wonder who it could be?” she said. Then a smile played at her lips. “Maybe it’s for you, dear?”

For a moment he considered it, but then he frowned and turned back to the fire. “No!” he said. “Nobody comes to see me anymore. Everyone forgot me. It’s a salesman or something. Let them freeze to death.”

She rolled her eyes and set the tray of cookies down beside him – noting a hand surreptitiously dart out and snatch one – and then she went to the door. When she cracked it open the wind howled and a drift of snow bellowed into the cottage, along with a shivering little figure in green. She pulled the little man in and shut the door behind him.

“Oh goodness!” she said. “Snorri, dear, is that you?”

Snorri – wearing apparently green tights of all things, and a hat with a bell on it – nodded his head and chattered his teeth. She made a fuss and took him to the kitchen, where she immediately wrapped him in a blanket and gave him a mug of piping hot chocolate.

The old man on his armchair heard them chittering in the kitchen. He tensed, expecting them to come bother him at any moment, with all their inane babbling and noise. It seemed like everyone was always bothering him, and nobody had the decency to let a man stew anymore. That was the problem with young people nowadays – nobody appreciated a good stew.

But nobody came to him.

He continued to hear them in the kitchen, and heard a burst of his wife’s laughter – such a rare thing this time of the year. He glowered at the fire. Then he shoved two cookies in his mouth and got up, and stalked to the kitchen.

“Just what in the devil’s boot is happening here?” he bellowed, spraying crumbs everywhere.

His wife and Snorri were red-faced with laughter, enjoying a punchline he had missed.

“Snorri!” he roared, recognizing the tiny man. “What… just what is that horrible costume you’re wearing? Is that a bell on your hat?”

“Hey, boss!” Snorri said, jumping from his seat. “This is my work uniform.”

The old man’s face grew hard again. “Your work uniform.” He jabbed a finger out at Snorri. “How dare you come into my home, you little traitor? Leaving me to go work for that, that… usurper!

Snorri’s face fell. “I’m sorry, boss. But you know how it was! You furloughed everyone and, well, bills don’t pay themselves.”

The old man grit his teeth.

“Lay off, dear,” said his wife. “Snorri’s come to see you. He has a very important question.”

“Oh?” said the old man. “I don’t care. Go away.” He turned to leave the kitchen, but stopped when Snorri spoke.

“Boss, please! We need you!”

“Nobody needs me,” he muttered. “And anyway, shouldn’t you be out doing your stupid job?”

“Well, that’s just it, sir. Boss – er, my new boss – has come down with something fierce. The holiday spirit’s coming out both ends, if you catch my meaning.”

The old man grinned. “Good. Serves him right.”

“As I was saying, Nick’s sick, boss. He needs someone to cover for him. He needs… you.”

The old man’s one eye widened, and he tugged on his white beard, deep in thought. “I don’t know,” he said.

“Please, boss! The whole world’s counting on us, and I’m really in a bind.” Snorri dug in his pockets and produced a hat similar to his own, except it was red where Snorri’s was green, and instead of a bell on top it had a white pompom.

“Well,” the old man hummed and hawed.

His wife rolled her eyes. “Are you afraid your armchair’s going to run off if your butt’s not holding it down?”

He glared at her. “I’m not afraid of anything, woman!”

“Oh?” she said. “In that case?”

A fire lit in his eye. “Yes,” he said. “Yes! I’ll do it! I’ll show them all how it’s done!” He snatched the red hat and put it on.

“Oh, thank you boss!” Snorri said.

The old man grabbed his wife and spun her around. “Did you hear that, dear? It’s happening! It’s happening! Tonight, I ride again!” She giggled with glee, hugged him tight, and kicked her feet out.

“Tonight,” he continued bellowing, “we will terrorize the mortals like never before!”

Snorri tugged at his sleeve. “Actually, boss, we’re delivering presents to children the world over.”

The old man set his wife down and clapped Snorri on the shoulder with a deep laugh. “Ha! Yes, we’re delivering – what!?

“Presents, boss. For children.”

“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! Fine. I’ll give them the gift of mortal terror.”

“Er, no boss, it’s toys. There’s a list.”

Toys!?

“Yes, boss. Like, dolls and trains and socks.”

The old man ran his hand down his face and grumbled.

“But they leave cookies and milk out for you,” Snorri added.

The old man grunted. “A sacrifice, eh?” He pondered it. “It’s not quite the blood of the slain, but… fine. Cookies are acceptable.”

“So you’ll do it?” Snorri was almost jumping with excitement.

“Yes, yes,” the old man grumbled, and then tried to hide a grin. “Let’s go already, before I change my mind.” He grabbed his spear and his horn, kicked open his cottage door, and entered the blustering snowstorm. Snorri covered his face and hurried after.

Just outside, they found a red sleigh parked, with about a dozen grazing reindeer harnessed to it.

“These are the noble steeds that will pull the sleigh,” Snorri shouted over the howling wind. “Their names are–”

“–Don’t care,” the old man said. He stabbed at the harness with one well-placed spear strike, cutting the reindeer loose. Then he slapped them with the flat of the blade and roared at them. “Get out of here, you filthy rodents!” The reindeer panicked, tried to flee in all directions, got tangled together, and rolled into a ravine.

“Oh no!” Snorri mewled, already envisioning the trouble he’d be in back at his job.

The old man let out a whistle, high and shrill, and it was loud enough to humble even the raging storm.

“Sleipnir!” he called. A moment later a whinny answered him, and a giant eight-legged horse landed. The old man stroked its mane with a hearty laugh and then harnessed it to the sleigh. Then he leapt into the sleigh himself, and turned to Snorri.

“Well?” he said. “Get in, Snorri! We ride.”

Snorri scrambled into the sleigh, wondering if this was all just a huge mistake and if it wouldn’t have been better to cancel the holidays after all.

“Are you armed?” the old man asked. “Where’s your sword?”

“We don’t need weapons tonight!” Snorri screamed, clutching his hat. “We’re not fighting the children!”

“Eh,” said the old man. “We’ll see.” He snapped the reins and Sleipnir lurched forward, pulling the sleigh into the night. Snorri held on for dear life, because the horse left at a mad gallop instead of the jaunty trot of the reindeer.

The old man smiled, looking at the horizon ahead of them and the sparkling night sky above. He turned to Snorri and hugged him with one meaty hand. “Thank you, Snorri. I… I needed this. I know maybe I haven’t ever really said it, but, I appreciate you.”

Snorri’s heart swelled and his fears melted away. “Oh, of course, boss!”

“Ah,” the old man said. “I’m not your boss anymore. The world’s changed, and we’re not going back to those glorious days ever again. Tonight, we’re friends. Just two friends, cruising the night sky and terrorizing… er… delivering presents. Call me Odin.”

“Yes, boss–Odin.” Snorri couldn’t stop grinning. He took Nick’s bell out of the glove compartment and handed it to Odin with a hopeful twinkle in his eye. “It’s tradition.”

Odin took the bell and casually tossed it over his shoulder, and Snorri’s stomach dropped anew just as the bell fell somewhere down to earth.

“Nah,” said Odin. “Bells are dumb.” He raised his hunting horn to his lips and blew, and the nightmarish bass note reverberated across the heavens and the earth. The living who heard it were deeply unsettled, and the dead who heard it stirred from their slumber and became restless, walking the earth for one more night. And the elves of old heard the summons, and gathered their bows and spears, mounted their dread steeds and riled up their horrid hounds, and rode alongside the red sleigh.

And all that night long, the Wild Hunt rode again, once more terrorizing the mortal world and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas as they went.

December 27, 2022 20:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

53 comments

Rebecca Treadway
22:28 Dec 31, 2022

As a Christian I say this: A fine tale. (Swills down coffee and pretends to throw mug against the wall shattering it) lol-lol-lol-lol, lol-la-lol-la-lol.

Reply

Michał Przywara
19:00 Jan 01, 2023

Heh, thanks Rebecca :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Marty B
07:17 Dec 31, 2022

poor Odin not even a god gets respect at home! I liked this line -‘ His wife rolled her eyes. “Are you afraid your armchair’s going to run off if your butt’s not holding it down?”

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:21 Jan 02, 2023

Thanks, Marty! Yeah, some people just like being angry :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Tommy Goround
22:53 Dec 30, 2022

Thank you. I was wondering what warning you could possibly give to change the birth of Jesus into a pagan God. You did it. :) Thank you kindly for all that you do.

Reply

Show 0 replies
AnneMarie Miles
15:07 Dec 30, 2022

This is awesome, Michal! I did not know who Odin and Sleipnir were, but I knew you knew, and I got curious about the eight-legged horse. After looking into their background, my smile is doubled. It just makes this all the more fantastic! A pagan God filling in for Santa. Yes, please. I'm not a Grinch, but I'm not the most festive person either, which is why I chose to avoid writing about Christmas this week. So the dark undertones here make me happy 😊 To open with a cookie debate is probably the best and most subtle foreshadowing nod I've...

Reply

Michał Przywara
18:03 Jan 01, 2023

Thanks, Anne Marie :) Glad it worked out, even without familiarity of Odin. It's definitely a more obscure mythology these days - though I'm also pleased it lead to some enjoyable research. That's always a bit of a risk in a story. Something unfamiliar can take us out of it, but I've also learned a lot by looking up stuff I read about. I had no idea about Aztec mythology until I read Gary Jennings' books, for example. Anyway. Cookies are the real MVP of the season :) Definitely had to work them in somehow. Thanks for the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rebecca Miles
07:52 Dec 30, 2022

My oh my what a backstory is here. I thought it was just grumpy old man, then I rubbed my hands at the thought of grumpy old Santa getting to steer the sleigh one more time and then- I really should have paid more attention to the title- Claus morphs into Odin and the great Christmas Hunt begins. You had just so much fun here, I can tell, and the result is an Artic blast of energy, gathering from armchair, up and out into that wintery sky. This is one 'halla of a story, well done.

Reply

Michał Przywara
19:27 Jan 01, 2023

Ha, thanks Rebecca :) Yes, it was definitely fun to write. Everyone likes being needed, and most of us will probably indulge that, even if it means helping with something we're lukewarm about. But it's also hard to teach an old dog (old god?) new tricks :P

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Delbert Griffith
22:15 Dec 29, 2022

Great, great tale, Michal. Favorite passage: “These are the noble steeds that will pull the sleigh,” Snorri shouted over the howling wind. “Their names are–” “–Don’t care,” the old man said. If this doesn't describe Odin perfectly, then nothing does. Great way to characterize the Norse king of gods. Your characterization was fantastic, Michal. You showed so much through dialogue without telling; you're a master writer, my friend. The depth of the tale told in simple terms reminds me of a Rembrandt masterpiece. His few brush strokes creat...

Reply

Michał Przywara
17:31 Jan 01, 2023

Thanks, Delbert! I've long been trying to develop indirect characterization, by means of things like dialogue, so it's great to hear when it stands out :)

Reply

Delbert Griffith
19:13 Jan 01, 2023

J.D. Salinger has a book entitled 'Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters,' and he does the best job of characterizing someone without that character hardly ever appearing in the novel. This story reminded me of that book. Great story, Michal. Love your style(s).

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Edward Latham
20:32 Dec 29, 2022

You led us on a merry dace with this one Michal! First I thought he was Santa, then I thought is he Santa's dad or some kind of pre-Santa, before you gave enough hints for the reveal of Odin to come clear! The imagery of the grumpy, war-mongering Norse God agreeing to deliver presents to world was very humorous, nice work.

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:07 Dec 30, 2022

Thanks, Edward! Yeah, there's a superficial similarity between them, and apparently Odin did occasionally head the Wild Hunt, so it seemed like he had some relevant experience. And I'm sure like anyone else, he likes feeling needed :) Thanks for the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laurel Hanson
20:02 Dec 29, 2022

Oh, this is fantastic! Completely delightful characterization and plenty of hints to allow even the Norse novice to catch on. An awesome tribute to the changing traditions of the season. The ending is smashing. Just love this one.

Reply

Michał Przywara
04:08 Dec 30, 2022

Thanks, Laurel! Glad to hear you like it :) It's always interested me how traditions change, and this story kind of came out of a Wikipedia dive.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rama Shaar
11:10 Dec 29, 2022

Oh very good! You captured the transition from bored and pretending to be indifferent to thrilled and commanding very well! I also loved the relationship between Odin and his wife!

Reply

Michał Przywara
03:45 Dec 30, 2022

Thanks, Rama! Yeah, they were fun to write :) I figure people who've been married for thousands of years probably have interesting relationships.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Suma Jayachandar
06:28 Dec 29, 2022

Michal, Way to go! Sacrilege warning. Well, I daresay this prompt asked for it :-) The story started with a clever camouflage, only to spring a delicious surprise at the optimal point on the arc. The reveal was so good! I am a complete novice when it comes to Norse mythology; only have a sketchy idea of it, thanks to the yarns spun by Marvel. But that was enough to enjoy this quirky, charming, hilarious, and very clever prose. ( I would say this ranks among my top 5 favorites from you). There are too many good lines in this piece. But the li...

Reply

Michał Przywara
19:08 Dec 29, 2022

Heh, thanks Suma :) I'm glad it worked out, despite the source material being a little obscure. There's probably not too many people still very familiar with this mythology. Actually, I even started this piece by asking myself what Zeus was up to during this time of year, which led to Saturnalia, which lead to Yuletide, which lead to the Wild Hunt... And here we are. A solid Wikipedia dive there :) I agree, it's time to shake off the holidays and get back into the swing of things, but eh, I think I'll pass on the terror and stick to coffee...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Zack Powell
06:25 Dec 29, 2022

Ending 2022 by trying to win the award for best story title of the year, huh? I like it, I like it. Jokes aside (seriously though, the title is phenomenal): This was a fun one from beginning to end - especially since you set the tone with the fake-out CW from the jump. Irreverence, indeed. I really like how the Odin name reveal comes at the end of the story, but there are enough clues along the way to intuit who it is beforehand. There's a common piece of writerly advice that gets thrown out often that I'm reminded of: "Trust your reader."...

Reply

Michał Przywara
17:22 Dec 29, 2022

Love those punny titles :) I'm glad the "reveal" worked. Yes, I was hoping to leave enough clues that many could figure it out - and yeah, not everyone will be familiar enough with the mythology, but that's always a risk. I was actually leery of dropping his name at all. The shift from boss to friend makes sense to me, but I'm not too fond of name changes partway through a story. I've seen (and written) some terrible examples of this, where the reader gets whiplash constantly redefining the identity of the characters. Sounds like it worked...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wendy Kaminski
03:05 Dec 29, 2022

Magnificent! The novelty and humor in this were such treats... “We’re not fighting the children!” “Eh,” said the old man. “We’ll see.”! The whole thing, really, beginning to end. Thanks for another great sleigh ride through your imagination! :)

Reply

Michał Przywara
17:04 Dec 29, 2022

Heh, thanks Wendy! This was a bit of a goofy thing for the holidays, but I'm pleased any time I can work a pun into a title :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:17 Dec 28, 2022

O Michal! This story fit my current post-holiday mood to a T. I'm sick of cookies, too. Well, not cookies per se -- but the 5# of fat they've left. Best line: “It’s not quite the blood of the slain, but… fine. Cookies are acceptable.” I believe Odin did drive an 8-legged reindeer to deliver toys to children, according to lore. So A+ for historical fiction and your impeccable prose. More importantly, you channeled Tennyson. Odysseus is tired of being a bored old man on a throne -- wanting one more adventure. Like older actors who sell ...

Reply

Michał Przywara
22:52 Dec 28, 2022

Ah, yes, the post-holiday fallout. I like to pretend that living in a really cold climate, I'm actually being responsible by putting on winter weight. It's not true, but it's fun to pretend, and it gives me something to resolve for New Year's :) "tired of being a bored old man" - yes! Precisely what I was hoping for. I've seen people fade after retiring, mired in memories of glories past, and refusing to get up out of pride, I suppose. But at the end of the day, it's a choice. Actually, it reminds me a bit of your story for this week (and ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Aeris Walker
11:19 Dec 28, 2022

Ooo a Christmas/Viking mash-up… this was fun. What a clever idea! The beginning scene is funny and casual and really doesn’t give anything away—It could be just any grumpy old man and his exasperated wife, but then it all becomes clearer as the story unfolds. Their banter in the beginning is realistic and snarky and quite entertaining. I love love love this visual of a burly man-of-war viking god donning a Santa hat and being tasked with delivering toys to children, then becoming disappointed when he discovers that weapons won’t be necessar...

Reply

Michał Przywara
19:33 Dec 28, 2022

Yeah, illustrations would be neat :) I was kind of picturing those Christmas specials for kids, like Frosty and Rudolph, etc., though perhaps this isn't *quite* for kids what with the whisky. I've been meaning to do an Odin story for a while, as the idea of a forcefully retired grouchy god amuses me. I blame the Olympians, who were one of the original soap operas. By chance, I stumbled on some of the roots of Yuletide coinciding with the Wild Hunt, and Odin sometimes running it, and that kind of lead to this. Thanks for the feedback!

Reply

Aeris Walker
10:03 Dec 30, 2022

I love knowing the inspiration behind the idea, ha ha.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tommy Goround
02:04 Dec 28, 2022

Laughing at title. Clapping.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lindsay Flo
11:58 Jan 06, 2023

So creative! I actually thought he was going to be Santa at first, but the evil guy was delightful. The characters were all really well developed for a short story: I totally got the wife's exasperation mixed with empathy, my favorite retort of hers being "are you afraid your armchair's going to run off if your butt's not holding it down". Snorri was great. The cookies as a "sacrifice". The way Snorri was like "whew I've saved the day" and then he unleashes the reindeer, tosses the bell, blows his horn and calls the dead. Great job!

Reply

Lindsay Flo
12:03 Jan 06, 2023

Editing to add...I said evil guy...then realized Odin wasn't just a name but a reference to an actual Greek God. So now I'm going down that rabbit hole. So: this story ended up being creative, funny AND educational :)

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:39 Jan 06, 2023

Thanks, Lindsay! Yeah, this ended up being a bit of a mix of cultures - but that's a great way to stir up a story :) A tangential research into Yuletide led me to it, and then that kind of hit the Wild Hunt and the Norse pantheon, and here we are. I'm glad it was enjoyable :) Thanks for the feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Cindy Strube
18:16 Jan 04, 2023

🎶 Oh what fun it is to ride… with Odin? I thought at first that he might be Santa with dementia or PTSD (cue Weird Al)! But then Snorri comes to the door, and I realize it’s Odin and Frigg! Wonderfully creative blending of characters! I don’t find it offensive - both are mythical, though Santa Claus is based on a real person and Odin is… well, *maybe* based on real people, as those Vikings were pretty fierce! Mythology of any culture is quite fascinating, being a result of people trying to explain to themselves what they can’t understand....

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:37 Jan 04, 2023

Yeah, it seems like it's much less known than a number of other mythologies, and yeah, it is kind of weird, in an English culture. There's a lot of "stealth" influences many people aren't even aware of. Just the days of the week, right? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Tyr, Woden/Odin, Thor, Frigg. But maybe that's normal. How many people trace Saturday to Saturn? Most know of Cupid, but as a god or as a fun Valentine's character? Pyramids are easy, but keeping Ra, ka, and Set straight takes some work, and Isis' name has been besmirc...

Reply

Cindy Strube
22:12 Jan 04, 2023

Absolutely. I guess I just assume people know things like the origin of days of the week &c. : ) My 4th grade teacher was from Germany, and she taught us all about the German origins. You won’t regret trying Anna Russell, I promise! It’s 22 minutes vs. the 20 hours of Wagner, and much lighter. (I love the Wagner music too.)

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:47 Jan 06, 2023

So I checked out Anna Russell - lol :) Great summary, and very skilled in her own right. Appreciate the heads up :)

Reply

Cindy Strube
02:01 Jan 07, 2023

Ooo, you got right on it! I love her style. Thought you might get a kick out of it. ; )

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daniel Allen
14:48 Jan 04, 2023

I loved this. It's very much in the vein of Gaiman's American Gods. The idea of Odin filling in for Santa is brilliantly creative. I'd love to see a sequel where a child stays up to try to catch Santa but ends up with Odin instead... Great work!

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:46 Jan 04, 2023

Thanks, Daniel! LOL, that's a great idea for a follow-up :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Molly Kelash
20:01 Jan 03, 2023

So original! Loved the concept! :)

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:37 Jan 03, 2023

Thanks, Molly! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Susan Catucci
16:29 Jan 03, 2023

Hahahahahahaha - great heavens, what a terribly well thought-out, fully-realized wild ride is this! I still can't get over the fact that Odin is a bottle and-a-half in and, as mentioned, enjoys a good stew (while stewed apparently). This gives A Nightmare Before Christmas a run for its money - would I love to see this on the big screen (though reading it was awfully close.) This is my kind of story, Michal - wonderful.

Reply

Michał Przywara
21:42 Jan 03, 2023

Thanks, Susan! A comparison to Nightmare Before Christmas is humbling :) This was great fun to write, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Lots of room to play around with these characters :)

Reply

Susan Catucci
22:07 Jan 03, 2023

You're right about that - the gods are a fertile ground for endless literary fun! And you certainly opened my eyes to lots of opportunities along those lines - you put such life into this story! (I'm still impressed, obviously, and inspired.)

Reply

Michał Przywara
23:24 Jan 03, 2023

Excellent :) I look forward to reading those inspirations :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.