0 comments

Asian American Friendship Teens & Young Adult

Party at 6. It was the only whisper at college today. Most of the girls ran off in the mid-noon break calling ceasefire on lectures as they were going to be late for dresser appointments. I was counting till the clock hit two. It was another kind of mission today. The batch party was organized at 6 today and Lil Dojo was going to sing tonight!  

As the clock ticked 2, we flew off like free bees, walking ecstatically towards the gate and off. I had to get home with Treen and then eat, wash off, prep and be off to our appointments as soon as possible. We were supposed to be at their before the guests as the organizers. 

Treen was my best friend, but she has never been the party goer herself. She would always make an excuse to be away on her own. And on the night of any party would not forget to express her regret of not coming. Leslie, I’m really sorry for not coming. Hope you are having fun right now. 

Yes woman I am, you outta have come rather regretting it all night. 

That was her. She would later look at all the photos and weep in crying over the lost adventure. 

But today was different. She couldn’t escape her responsibility. She was the head organizer of the dinner tonight. 

‘I would like to appoint Treena Bikers as the head organizer of dinner’ I had said at the organizers meeting and every one approved neglecting her no I can’t drama. 

They knew her knocking potential so well not to agree with her. Bring on any conversation, she was the expert at advice but never the participant.

So as we curled our hairs and ran on with the makeup segment at the dressers,  suddenly Treen was all hysterical about the event. What if the good ain’t tasty? What if it isn’t enough? What if this ends with some disaster diarrhea? 

Woaaah! woaah! woaah! Treen! Treen! stop it! stop it for gods sake! Everything and everyone will be fine. We have done our best and so will have a good time and that’s it. Don’t stress over it. Babes, we’ll be fine, okay.

We waited for Mic to come pick us. And the by 5:30 we were off to the venue. The traffic was building up and the darkness slowly creeping into the so-called evening that’s was gonna be marvelous I thought. 

We rummaged all our setups and rechecked all final arrangements. The team was all packed with excitement for the night to dawn. 

By 6 slowly the crowds started flowing in. The tables were being filled. I was by or watching Treena ensuring that she was okay. The music was slowly rising and the drinks and snacks were passed around. Everything was perfectly happening as planned. Mic and the gang was already on with the keg stall and their part was smoothly flowing in their restricted area. 

I walked up and down making pleasantries and keeping the gangs engaged. 

The segments were to begin as planned. 

I saw Treen talking around and felt relieved. 

As we watched the games started at around 7: 30. We had ballon pinch , dancing mania, paper king and queen, dartboard and a many engagement along with the photo booth editions. The food was okay and everyone was enjoying. So yeah Treens killed it. 

The microphone screeched and that was the que for our guest surprise artist Lil Rap Dojo. A roar of excitement beamed the hall and we all started dancing and singing along. 

Suddenly some other voice stirred and here it comes with a featuring rap along with Lil Dojo. Wow! an amazing voice and a perfect vocalist. Everyone was surprised! This was new and not a plan.

Everyone was roaring with excitement and their flashlights up in for a miniature star world and it was blinding. The lighting was flashing up and down with the disco lights playing the multiverse of ecstasy. I couldn’t see the new one on the small stage. 

I held Treens hand tighter and continued in the cheering squad. I turned around and screamed wow that’s a fantastic guy! Who is that? We’ve never heard! 

Wow I was surprised at that turn. That wasn’t Treen I was holding the hands with. 

Pamela from next class stood laughing and smiling at the same rate in the kicking up feeling. I shook off the hand casually and continued in the same but now fake smile too. I walked off the dance floor where everyone was now gathered. I cruised my eyes around to see. But the flock in uproar and the dimmed lights made a shadowy outlook on everyone. I drank a glass of water and walked towards the crowd. Maybe she might be lost in there as well. 

The singing was now back to a feminine voice, that I closed the floor again to see what was happening. 

It was then that I saw the new one on stage. 

Caped in a hood, twas a girl with a lengthy  gown 

Who was that on the floor? 

Everyone around me was live streaming the event on all socials.

Who was it? 

I was still looking for Treen around the dancing. 

Dangling the mike as a professional singer, waving her hair in the dazzle with the kicking beats, in full upbeat and enjoying on stage

The voice suddenly blasted and called a round of applause for someone. I couldn’t  hear as the echo beats rang in my ears. 

Leslie! Leslie! Leslie! The crowd had started an uproar. What? Why? They were shouting my name. I was just looking at the stage, when someone pushed my forwards in the crowd, and they started pushing and making way for me to the center stage.  

I was shocked and then there I was atop of it in no time.

A hand slipped in mine and raised it in the air. 

And I felt the familiarity, that I swung to her. There she was rap singing alongside Lil Dojo.

My best friend.

I lowered her hood. And the crowd went awoahhhhh.

Treena! Treena! Treena! 

I was shocked and stood stupefied for a few minutes as she continued her way. There she was, exposing herself as the one I’ve only seen at home. 

Oh yeahh! I cheered. 

Come on Treens! 

This was her true self. But also the hidden one.

This is amazing. I cheered on in the uproar and hugged her before getting off the stage. 

I waved in the crowd with my phone high in the air, watching the sudden goosebumps rise and fall.

That’s my best friend I shouted in the air.

That is my best friend everyone! She is a star! She is a star! 

Treens came down and we all started dancing our heads off. We hugged and screamed in the excitement. This was the first time she was all so free and open. I am so happy the food is going great! And moreover I’ve got a friend who is a star! I shouted in her ear. She hugged and we danced the best day ever. Our DJ played the best in town for the couple of hours until the nightly restriction time.

When the slow dancing started and we were literally out of breath and exhausted closing midnight. The party was at the end and we had the planned event ending. 

The couple of speeches and Treens new skills were highly appreciated and loved. The entire evening was a success! 

So, then we stayed. 

As the crowds dispersed. We balanced all and waited for the cleanup. 

After an hour of tipping and tossing, we finally sat down.

Wow! What a night! The star of the night! Treena Wilkens. Wow! What a wonderful sight and surprise! 

She blushed. And she was Treen back again.

I didn’t know what happened to me. I was just dancing looking for you. And then Lil Dojo started and that took me somewhere else. I just saw the extra mic and went for it. I love the guy. 

The excitement was so much I didn’t know what else than sing along on the mic. And who knows else,  I just swapped on the gown hood and climbed the stage. I loved when he hugged and welcomed me and my singing. Leslie I just loved the night. It was a long time dream come true.

Oh yeah! Look at the video’s going viral! I said pointing at the phone on the socials. 

You are a celebrity!  As for her I was excited with it as well.

She looked up, ‘you were surprised eh?’ And laughed

I held her hand. I am so proud of you Treen! Love you best friend! 

Tears of joy and we hugged. 

Thank you for the best party ever Leslie! 

Now the newest celebrity in town was my best friend and here is me, so damn excited about it! 

Our New Lil Dojo nailed it! 

May 14, 2021 08:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.