The case of the missing children

Submitted into Contest #153 in response to: Write a story about a character learning to stand up for themselves.... view prompt

0 comments

Funny Fiction Fantasy

Once there were 3 children Josh, Amy, and Martin. Their parents were on vacation in Philadelphia so they were living with their grandparents for quite a while. Grandpa would typically just lay on the couch, scratch his big belly and fall asleep. While, on the oth´t́ hand, Grandma would walk around the house and give out her freshly baked cookies to the neighbors, and water the plants in the house. One day when Grandma was about to go for a walk she saw it was snowing. Grandma was not able to walk in the snow so she called Josh, Amy, and Martin to help build a pathway around the house so, she could walk. Then she went inside to water her plants while the kids shoveled the snow. The next day while grandpa was snoring and honking in his sleep the three kids all tiptoed outside while granny was watching T.V. and ran away! The next day missing posters were spreading like wildfire around the city! Then a police officer said, “Three kids are missing please help find–” just then and banana hit him on the head and he went blurting out crazy things. But did you think granny was going to give up NO! Granny was still on the search for Amy, Josh, and Martin. She went door to door banging at people’s doors and holding them by the collar yelling “HAVE YOU SEEN MY THREE GRANDCHILDREN!!”But sadly no one knew. One day when grandma went for a walk outside in a nearby alley she saw a donkey and a horse talking about something she crept over to listen to what they were talking aboút what she heard next was breathtaking “What do you think we should do with the three children” said the horse “Let them go?” said the donkey“No you idiot why would we capture them in the first place ?” said the horse“You wanna know what was the biggest mistake of my life? HIRING YOU TO JOIN MY GANG!” said the horse that's when the grandma realized that the horse and the donkey had taken Amy, Josh, and Martin. But she had to be sure about it. So she kept on listening “Can you remind me what the three children were?, I forgot?” said the donkey“Ugh! Now you're forgetful on top of being an idiot” said the horse “Uhhhhh yeah” said the donkey “Listen the three children are one girl and two boys” Now this made grandma sure that the horse and the donkey had taken Amy, Josh, and Martin. She wanted to confront them but she knew that if she wanted to get her three grandchildren back she had to be smart. So she walked over to them and said“Have you two seen my three grandchildren? ”The donkey and the horse looked at each other and then the donkey said “Yes, your grand-” just then the horse covered the donkey's mouth with its hoove and said“No maḿ we have not seen your grandchildren” But the donkey said that he knew about my grandchildren,” said the grandma “Uhhhhhhhh............................ma'am I think itś because you have uh um a hearing problem uh yeah a hearing problem because the donkey said uhh nothing yeah he...... he was just ..........................................................uh.........lip-syncing,” said the horse“Yup I was lip-syncing,” said the donkey nudging the horse.“You can go along now there's nothing to see here ” That's when grandma felt even more determined to stand up and find her grandchildren. So she said“Your right it is probably my hearing problem but how did you know that I had a hearing problem?” Because................................all grandmas have hearing problems?” said the horse “So uh we have something to do remember horse,” said the donkey “Um yeah we do um bye!” said the horse and with that, they both ran out of there. And from that day grandma raised her suspicion and started sending police officers to every home in the town. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months but still after long days of investigation no hope. So she had no choice but to call the super-hero of the town.......SUPERNOVA!

Grandma went inside took down a painting and said“SUPERNOVA, SUPERNOVA, SUPERNOVA!!!!!”And like that Supernva the centar appeared in front of grandma “Supernova my dear my three grandchildrn have gone missing for months and their parents will be coming in a week but I have no idea where they are ” said grandma “Itś ok grandma I will find them for you now tell me do you have any suspects?”said Supernova.“As a matter of a fact I do but this might sound silly its a doney and a horse ”said grandma“You mean the Animals illistration gang yeah they dress up as animals and capture kids many kids have gone missing and never seen again”said supernova“No,NO,No no no I can not lose my three granchildren please supernova do something I will give you whatever you need ”said grandma “Dont worry over the past year I have being doing some anylis on the Animals illitration gangs weakness and turns out its lemon mixed with frosting all you need to do is just disguise the frosting by putting it on your famous cookies”said supernova“Well I think I can do that thank you supernova.”said grandma and like supernova vanished, and grandma ran to the kitchen and started making the cookies and adding the frosting with lemon on. The next day she went to the same alley where she saw them before and just like that the horse and the donkey were over there She walked up to them and said “I am sorry about the other day so I decided to bake you some of my faomus cookies wih extra icing on as an apolizy ”The horse and the donkey looked at each other then the cookies and then started gobbling them up after two minutes both the horse the the donkeyś eyes glowed and said the three children are in the basement of the coordinates in 178.73600.“Thats 10 minutes away”said grandma so she took a cab and rushed to the place and when she got there she ran to the basemant the lights were so she went to switch the light on.......................................“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!”sang everyone and there grandma saw Amy , Josh, and Martin and their parents with disguies on as a horse and a donkey and even supernova.“Ahhh this all makes sense now you all faked this whole scene just to wish me a happy brithday you guys are so sweet”said grandma and with that everybody got into a tight hug. Oh, and as well for the police officer he was still running around town yelling crazy things.

July 08, 2022 16:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.