THE HALLOWEEN REUNION

Submitted into Contest #65 in response to: Write about a group of witches meeting up on Halloween night.... view prompt

0 comments

Holiday Fantasy Friendship

“STOP” shouted the 3 witches.

5 hours earlier

In the first witch’s house -

Oo ooh ya ya ooohya ……. The melodious voice of Anna was brightening up the whole house and along with her, every object was dancing to the beat. Anna was in her room, getting ready for the reunion of the mighty witches. Some blush here, some blush there, a dark lipstick shade and violet eyeshadow, it was perfect for the HALLOWEEN reunion.

In the second witch’s house -

Errrr yyeeee ooooo aaaahh …….. The spooky sound on the speaker created a scary environment in Jenny’s house. But wait, where is jenny?? Oh! There she is, in the attic finding the most blood-curling decorations of all time for the mighty witches HALLOWEEN reunion. 

In the third witch’s house -

Aaah aa yaaaa oooo aaa ahh ……. The calming and soft voice of Tiffany was coordinating with the warm colors of the house and with the desserts, she was baking. Oooh! Ya, the delicious and sweet cupcakes, cheesecakes, waffles, and chocolates were looking mouth-watering. And for sure they were also for the reunion.

And, at 7:30 sharp all the witches departed from their respected homes for the great reunion. They flew on their brooms (one of the traditions) high up in the sky with the clouds until they reached the heart of the enchanted forest at 7:45. It was the part which was enchanted that no human can ever enter this circle. They jumped off their brooms, smiled at each other, and went inside the circle. There was a big, giant, magnificent mansion standing right in front of their eyes. They entered it and started doing their jobs, Jenny was supposed to decorate the mansion, and Tiffany was supposed to set up the food table, Anna was dancing around helping the others and putting on some music. In just 15 minutes at exactly 8:00, they were done. So then they all sat down on the sofa to start the evening. Everyone started telling about their lives from the last time they met till date. Anna told them that she met an incredibly gorgeous wizard in a ball held by the daily fashion magazine and they have been dating since and she really likes him. Tiffany said that she has started writing stories for the stories blog in the wizardry newspaper and her sweet shop is going smooth. With a mean but friendly way, Jenny started telling her story, she said that her house decorating business is on fire and she is getting a lot of customers lately. Also, she told them that she might be changing her home soon as her neighborhood is not very accommodating. Then they went to the kitchen to eat sweets after that all the witches went to the hall and started dancing, they were really enjoying themselves and time passed. At 9:45 an alarm went which alarmed everyone, the music stopped, the dancing stopped and all of them stared at each other’s face for a minute and then every witch cracked into laughter. The decoration changed it was a flip of second and everything went to black and red from colorful and there was a flame on the top of the stairs. On the other hand, a teenage couple dressed as vampires entered the enchanted place, they saw the mansion and the girl said, “I have never seen this mansion here before, do you think we should go in and check??!!!” the boy said," ya!! That would be fun, let’s go!”. They stepped inside the mansion and goosebumps were on their body already, the girl placed her body in her boyfriend’s arms and they quietly walked on their tip-toe and reached the drawing-room and saw the creepy decoration and got scared but continued to explore the house and saw the kitchen, it was filled with sweets and they got excited and thought that someone is definitely in this house. The boy grabbed some cupcakes and they continued to explore and on the other hand, the witches held each other’s hand and started walking up the stairs, they were halfway when the couple reached that room as soon as they saw the flame and the three women dressed as witches they hid behind the sofa and tried to listen and focus on the particular scene. The witches reached the top and Anna started saying “it’s been 80 years now that we’ve been best friends and also we still do the same tradition every year and now is the time for the last tradition.” ‘THE SAYING’ everyone said at the same time. “So let’s begin,” said Jenny.

Whether it’s raining 

or 

The world is on fire

I don’t care 

Whether I’m broke 

Or 

You are heartbroken

I’ll still be there

Whether all the thunder’s gone 

Or 

The lighting disappears 

My magic will be there

Come to me whenever you want

I’ll listen to you whenever you like 

Our friendship is like one in a kind

We meet every Halloween night.

The saying ended and everything turned back to the way it was and the couple screamed as if they’ve seen bigfoot, they stood up and started running towards the door and that’s when they heard “STOP” shouted by the three witches and they froze and the witches reached near them and said “how did you reach here??” they didn’t answer so Jenny shouted, “Answer dam it!!!!!” and the boy said, “I am Bill and this is my girlfriend Alex, we are in high school and today is Halloween so we are dressed as vampires. We were just walking around the forest when we saw this mansion and decided to explore it and then we saw the rooms and kitchen and then you all!!”. The witches were scared, well you cannot tell it from their faces but yes they were. Tiffany brought a waffle for both and asked them to eat it while they were talking. They went aside and Jenny started talking in a whisper that we should just kill them, Tiffany interrupted saying, but the main question is how did they end up here???. Jenny and Tiffany started arguing about the topic and finally, Anna spoke up and said we should just erase their memory and drop them on the outskirts of the forest. Everyone agreed on this and they went to the couple and carefully erased their 2 hours memory. After cleaning the house they dropped the couple on the outskirts while they (couples) were asleep and then the three mighty witches took off to their homes to meet again next year on HALLOWEEN.

THANKYOU

October 30, 2020 17:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.