0 comments

Fantasy Romance Fiction

Dear Diary,

Things are really different here then home. When I was there, I was surrounded by friends and guys that liked me. Here, it seems hard to find someone to talk to that isn't Youri. It seems I keep on running into him. He's not the type of guy you want to be around. He keeps telling the tale of his past, and from what I heard he didn't seem to be a good guy. He blames other people for his problems, and really doesn't treat people well. I really wish to meet someone else, who is nicer.

The only other person I really see is Sora, and she seems to be into him for some reason. I guess there is no accounting for taste. She seems to not care too much for me. I don't much care for it here, but I can't go back home since I am changing. Bunny ears, and powers! The powers is the only thing I like about being here. Where I am from, only humans are around. I feel I am becoming what I am meant to be. If only I had better company. Sigh.

Dear Diary-

Youri keeps changing every time I see him. Not in personality, unfortunately. In looks, and he seems to change to a woman a lot. He asks me to do magic on him, and he gets upset every time it goes wrong. I am just learning you jerk! I don't really want to be around him much, the more I am around him. He just causes trouble with me. Ugh, I really hate it here.

Dear Diary-

I would think the more I do magic, I would improve. It never seems to go right with Youri. Well, I guess sometimes it does. Like, rarely. He never seems to be very thankful when I get it right either. I wish he would treat me better, I don't have to help him when he gets in trouble, after all. I am also doing it for free, which most wouldn't do. I wish someone nicer would come around.

Dear Diary-

A spell did something to me, I am feeling different about Youri then I did. I feel...attracted to him for some reason. Did I accidentally put a love spell on myself? I am hoping it goes away, it is weird because I like him yet the jerky attitude from him hasn't changed.

I am beginning to see why Sora may of liked him so much. Just starting to notice things about him that I like, instead of all the warning signs. He does have some good points. A lot of good points. Oh man why do I feel like this?

Dear Diary-

Me and Youri merged into one person, with two heads. I can see how it is to be him first hand, it isn't pleasant I must say. I can see why he complains so much. We wake up with a barmaid, and find we have a ring on us. Oh god, did we get married? I always promised I would stay married no matter what happened, unless there was physical abuse. Now I have to stay with Youri and some random barmaid?

Dear Diary-

I learned her name is Janet, she seems like a really nice person. Much better personality then Youri, I think I can be OK with her. I am not sure how well I can stand Youri, the love spell is beginning to fade. Yet, even if it is I still see good points of him, and starting to like being around him even with his glaring bad points. I think being a part of him really got me to understand him more, and really love him instead of just being affected by a spell. Well, I guess it is good since the marriage can not be a lie.

Dear Diary,

We found out Janet is pregnant! She began getting huge. With how we were when we well did it, I wonder what the baby will look like. I am a bit worried about that. I know Youri isn't the best father by how he treats his daughter Lauri. I am also worried about how he is will affect the child.

Dear Diary,

It was twins, conjoined ones and very...odd looking ones. I feel maybe we should use magic on them to make them look a bit more normal, since other children will shun them. This sort of thinking seems more to belong to Youri then me. I think I am spending too much time with him. He seems to be a better father to the twins then he is with Lauri though at least. I keep on trying to get him to be better with her but nothing seems to make him want to try.

Dear Diary-

I haven't written in a while. We have way more kids, now. I can hardly seem to count them. I guess that is the boon of being a bunny girl. Youri is still, well being the same with complaining about my magic, he seems to be never happy with what I do for him. I am beginning to rethink my views on marriage, as much as I love him. Lauri deserves a better father then him, and she keeps on trying to find that.

Dear Diary-

Youri was out with Lauri, and some other man took her from him! I worry this guy is no good, but Lauri tells me this guy is a great dad. Well at least she is happy. I only wish I was...Youri really grates on my nerves acting like I am terrible.

Dear Diary-

Lauri came home to say she would not be seeing Youri again, and he seemed upset about it. I wonder why when he never seemed to like her. He seems to get upset about weird things at times. I hope Lauri's life will be better now with this guy.

Dear Diary-

Something weird happened, I don't feel like myself anymore. I feel like maybe...just maybe I can free myself from this terrible husband of mine, and find someone better. I say goodbye to him, and me and Janet go to try to find someone to help us with the kids. I feel...free!

Dear Diary-

Some time has passed since the last entry, I met a frog guy who seems fun loving, nice, and sweet. He isn't the kind of guy I would have been attracted to in the past, but after being with Youri, someone who treats me well seems very much what I want. Hopefully things will go better with him.

End of Entries....

December 17, 2020 20:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.