1 comment

Fantasy

I had just got a call from my friends telling me they wanted me to go out. I obviously wasn’t going to say no. I went to my closet to find some clothes to get dressed. As I was searching for something to wear I saw a mirror behind all of my t-shirts. I was confused because I did not remember putting any mirror inside my closet. I got a better look and moved the shirts that were covering it. As I looked closer, there was no reflection. It was as though it was a magical mirror.  I tried to touch this mirror but my finger went straight through. It scared me because I didn’t know what would happen if I fully went into this mystical mirror. I went to go tell my older brother about this mirror and see if the same effect would happen when he did it. I called him into my room. I opened my closet to show him but when I opened it there was nothing there. The mirror was gone. He told me I was crazy and left the room. I was so confused. I went into the closet to see if it was really gone. As I walked in, there it was the shiny mirror with no reflection. It was a full body mirror with gold borders with designs all over it. I was going to pick up the mirror and take it to my brothers room to prove to him that it was real and that I was not crazy. I approached the mirror and attempted to pick it up. I couldn’t pick it up, I figured it was too heavy but no. This mirror was not to move anywhere. It would stay in the same spot. I wanted to know what was inside this mirror and see if I could go all the way in. I was nervous because what if I were to get stuck inside and never be able to leave whatever was behind this mirror that was actually a magical portal. I thought it through and decided I was going to go through it. I prepared myself mentally for what was going to be in there. I went through and I landed in an all black room with just a single light. In this room there were 5 doors all around the room. The first door was a red, the second door was a blue, the third door was a green and finally the fifth door was a mix of purple and pink. I had to choose one door. I went off of institc and picked my favorite color red. I reached for the door knob and opened the door. There was a bright flash and suddenly there was a whole change in the scene. I was in black shiny armor. I was a dark knight. I was on a rocky mountain and on top of the mountain was a humongous fire breathing dragon. It had red scales all over it and sharp fangs. It was spitting out red and blue flames and screeching at the top of its lungs. I had to slay this dragon. I began to go up this mountain. It was as if I had unlimited stamina. I was not getting tired going up this big mountain. I had a sword in my left hand and in the other hand was my metal shield. I began to sprint as fast I could to go and kill this dragon. I finally reached the top and was going to face the fire breathing dragon. It screeched at me and spit out flames trying to burn me to death. I leaped over and dogged it. It felt like I could do anything, like I was capable of doing whatever came to my mind. I leaped onto the back on the dragon and stabbed it. It screeched so loud in pain that it made my armor shake and my ears ring. I turned its neck and snapped its mouth at me trying to bite me. I ran up its back and got onto its head. I stabbed its eye and this is when it began to fly. We battled in the sky. It tried to fling me off its back but I held on tight. I ran back up to its head and with one strike to its neck, I chopped off the dragons head. The body began to fly down very fast but I was able to move at my own speed. I had the power to do anything. Oncle I landed, there was a flash again and I was back inside the dark room with all the doors. This time it was different. There were only four doors this time. I was tempted to pick another door. Scary thoughts came into my head. What if I chose the wrong door? What if the next door I pick is a bad one? What if I die choosing one of the doors? I chose the blue door. I walked in and again the flashing light came and changed the whole scene. I was at a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game. I was sitting courtside. Next to me was my mom and to my other side was Kobe Bryant. On the court playing were all my favorite current players. It was a dream of mine to go and it was happening. The game ended and yet again I was back in the dark room. I wanted to try another door but I was getting worried thinking that my parents must think I’ve left somewhere. It felt as if I had been gone for days. I turned around and behind me was the mirror. I had to go back. I stepped into it. I was back into my closet. Back to reality. I checked the time and it was the same time as when I stepped into the magic portal. I now had a place to go visit my wildest dreams and make them a reality.

April 22, 2020 20:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Ashley L
19:26 May 01, 2020

Hi! You're one of my critique partners for this week, so I thought I'd give your story a read and tell you my thoughts on it. I thought it was good, but I feel like you could've done a lot more with your idea. I thought it would've been cool to read some dialogue between him and his brother. I also think that his reaction doesn't make much sense to finding a magical mirror, if I were in his shoes, I would be trying to figure out why it was there and where it came from, especially if this was his first time ever seeing it. It kind of seemed l...

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.