Ninjago Fanfiction___ Part-1

Submitted into Contest #48 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

20 comments

Fantasy

CHAPTER 1: A Green Dispute.


Today, Lloyd was not green.

Not today.

He hadn't been for a while now, not since she took over.

Nobody needed him anymore.

She was the green ninja now.

This “friend” of his. This friend he didn't even know.


“So? Why can't I know who you are!?”

He had asked her to show him her true identity some weeks ago. But, like every other time he had asked, she had once again rejected him.

“No. You know I can't do that.”

“Actually, I don't.” Lloyd had said, raising his voice. “I should have the right to know who you are. We’re partners, Myst.”

“I know we are Lloyd.” She had replied in what appeared to be a struggle. “I just can't.”

“Fine then” Lloyd hissed, finally losing his temper. “You can protect Ninjago all on your own then. You’re perfectly capable of that I'm sure.”

Before she could have said anything though, he’d stormed out of the room like a child throwing a tantrum.

He’d immediately regretted it, and ran back to apologize. But when he’d reached the place they’d been talking (an old car garage somewhere in the middle of Ninjago) she was already gone.

He hadn't seen the Mystery Green Ninja for a month now.


Somebody knocked on Lloyd’s door.

“Sorry. Lloyd isn't here right now. Please leave a message or come back later.” the prerecorded message droned out automatically. 

“You know we all share this room.” the unmistakable, voice of Lloyds fellow ninja, Kai laughed from the other side of the door.

“Yeah. I know.” he replied, just as monotone and sad as his prerecorded message had sounded.

“Can I come in?” Kai asked.

“No.”

Kai sighed. It was a pity sigh, and Lloyd groaned.

“Kai. I just don't want to talk now, kay? I don't want any of your pity either.”

There was no reply from Kai’s side of the door. After a while Lloyd heard the sound of footsteps retreating. 

He was alone again.


“No luck.” Kai said dramatically as he walked into the living area of the monastery. “He won't even let anybody in our room.”

“Well I’m getting sick of sleeping on this lumpy couch!” Jay whined. “It's like I'm sleeping on a pile of rocks.”

“Know how that feels.” Cole mumbled from the opposite side of the room.

Jay glared at him.

“Don’t even start! You get to sleep on the soft couch! The one, might I add, that has a video game console right in front of it!!!” he shouted.

“I was referring to Chen’s island Jay. You know, The place where we were held captive and our powers got stolen. The island that I had to sleep on a bed made of ROCK?! You know, CHEN’S ISLAND where we got thrown off of an airplane without enough parachutes. The place-”

“Where I met Skylor.” Kai interrupted, smiling.

“Who turned out to be the daughter-slash-evil-spy-of the psychopath who did all that to us!?”

Kai shrugged.

“She’s nice now.” he deadpanned.

“Of course I remember.” Jay groaned, approaching Cole. “But that all happened in THE PAST, Cole, THE PAST! Nobody cares about your oh-so-painful rock bed anymore”

“Oooh Loudmouth, I am going to-”

“STOP THIS!” Zane shouted as he sprayed Cole’s quickly moving fist with solid ice before it could reach Jay’s shocked, freckled face, causing all of the others to suddenly fall silent. “Do you see what this is doing to us? We can't even go one hour without fighting! Lloyd being all depressed is causing us all to act irrationally.” 

Cole sighed, the momentary anger draining from his face.

“You’re right Zane. We need to get ourselves under control. We are brothers, fellow ninja, we need to stick together. I’m sorry Jay. I shouldn't have lashed out at you, I don't know what came over me. We’re friends not enemies.”

Jay seemed satisfied with this and nodded, just as Nya walked in with Lloyd’s Ninja suit.

“Hey guys I found-”

She stopped short when she saw Cole’s fist frozen in the direction of Jay’s face and Kai smirking as he slouched on the wall.

“Are you four seriously fighting again?” she demanded. 

“Nope.” Kai said, popping the “p”

He laughed.

“I can't believe you guys!” she said disappointedly. She turned to leave, but then seemed to think better of it. “You probably don't care, but I found this in Lloyd’s trash can when I went to go collect it this morning.” She held up the suit she’d entered with.

“What!” Kai gasped, Finally rising from his slouch. “He let you in there to collect trash, but he wont let any of us? We LIVE in there!” 

Now it was Nya’s turn to laugh. 

“Guess he really hates you guys.”

Kai frowned, but did not argue.

“Did he say anything?” Cole asked.

“No, he didn't. I’m worried about him.” Nya glanced at the floor, then at the suit she held in her hands. “What caused all this to happen anyway?”


Some time had gone by without any crimes or deadly monsters to fight and Lloyd was beginning to feel bored. What was a Ninja supposed to do when there was no evil to fight.

He sure didn't want to revert back to his old ways of sleeping in and playing video games all day. He’d already learned that lesson.

So, Lloyd was busy taking strolls around the streets of Ninjago, and the surrounding suburbs, just enjoying the scenery. 

It wasn't the most fun thing to do, but sometimes he simply felt like doing something different.

However, one particularly sunny afternoon he was recognised.

“Wow! Mom look! It's the green ninja! Look!”

“Oh my! Why it certainly is! isn't it!?”

“What was that? The green ninja?”

Before long there was a crowd, and Lloyd was desperate to get out of it. People were swarming him with questions and shrieks and things to sign. He just couldn't handle it. He frantically scanned the crowd for a means of escape, but found none, and every time he spotted an opening, sombody always blocked it. More and more people that showed up and with each addition Lloyd felt himself feeling more and more trapped. He covered his head with his hands and sank to his knees. He tried to forget the swarm.

“Can't you see the boy needs some space!?” A voice finally cut through the noise like a sharp knife.

People started to back away slowly, with shameful looks in their eyes, as Lloyd rose to seek out his saviour.

There was a girl with long, wavy brown hair and a kind face standing in front of him. She was smiling and Lloyd could see a small dimple on her left cheek. Her soft grassy eyes gazed at him as he lay there on the floor like some kind of weirdo.

She was extending a hand towards him. 

He accepted it, coming to the realization that she had been the loud voice to move the crowd.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

And… 

And her voice was quiet, soft, smooth, and…

Quiet.

Lloyd had not expected this. If she had really shouted for the people to leave, then her voice must be loud.

“Thanks.” he muttered. “For… scattering the crowd.”

“Oh!” she laughed. “That wasn't me.”

“It wasn't?” 

“No. Some stranger in a cloak. They left before anybody could catch a glimpse of them.” she said.

Her voice was soothing.

“I thought that I should help you up.” she smiled. “You looked pretty helpless lying there on the floor like that.”

Lloyd laughed and she laughed along with him. 

Lloyd found himself admiring the way she laughed. Her laughter echoed in his head, like a soothing song, putting him at ease.

“I should probably go.” The girl said. “I'm going to guess that you don't want my company... You're famous, right?”

Lloyd reached for her arm to stop her from leaving.

“I… uh… not really. Um I didn't catch your name...”

“June. My name is June. And yours?”

“Lloyd... Lloyd Garmadon.”


In his solitude Lloyd couldn't help but think of her. 

Of June. 

The girl who had helped him all those weeks ago.

The girl he knew he was falling for.

She had been so kind to him, and had surprised him when she seemingly did not know him for his famous ninja personnel, the green ninja. Not before anyway. For some reason this, among other things, made Lloyd begin to feel happier whenever he thought of her.

Less sad anyway. 

He knew that he was probably overreacting with this whole being depressed in the ninja’s room and all, but he didn't know what else to do.

It’s not like Ninjago needed him anyway. 

They had Mystery to protect them.

“Lloyd. I'm coming in. Whether you want me to or not.” A bold and fierce voice said from outside.

Lloyd didn't argue.

Nya unlocked his cage and walked in. She had been here once before to collect his garbage, and he didn't have a problem with it. As long as she didn't try to persuade him to get a life like the others.

“Lloyd…” she started to say, but was interrupted.

“I don't want your pity, and I just want to be left alone.” Lloyd told her.

“I was just coming here to tell you there’s a girl who came to the monastery. She is asking to see you.” Nya finished angrily. “I'm going to send her over here okay?”

Lloyd nodded his head, but only because he thought that it might be June.

It wasn't.

“Nya! I thought you said it was ‘a girl’ not Mystery. You know who Mystery is!” He shouted.

But Nya was already gone.

Instead, Lloyd was forced to face the very person who was causing all the distress. Her face full of makeup and mask mocked him from his seat on the bed, and her dark green ninja robes seemed to laugh as he stood to address her. His eyes filled with anger.

“Nice to see you too.” Mystery laughed.

“What do you want?” 

“I came to apologize silly! Why are you acting so childish about this?” Mystery smiled and pinched her own arm.

Lloyd felt a prick on his. 

He pinched the spot back, harder.

Mystery winced.

“I'm sorry Lloyd okay!? If I’m what's causing all of this, I didn't mean to make you all depressed like this.”

Lloyd ignored her and instead pinched himself again.

He heard her voice catch, when, this time, he pinched even harder.

“We’re a TEAM Lloyd! We have to work together.”

When she said this, Lloyd lost it.

“A ‘team’? Is that what we are? Last I checked you couldn't even trust me and you are perfectly capable of being the green ninja on your own.” he shouted.

Mystery’s gaze shifted to the floor, and the room was silent for a moment.

“You know, you were supposed to be the only one.” Mystery eventually said. “I wasn't supposed to get in the way. There weren't supposed to be two. I-I’m so sorry Lloyd.” 

Her eyes began to fill with tears and Lloyd was quick to jump to her side. They’d had this conversation before, many times, and Lloyd always shooed her doubts away. He wasn't sure whether he should do it this time.

“I know.” said Lloyd, giving in. “I was the green ninja, but I can't control all the things that will happen. Now there are two of us, and you’re right. We need to stick together and protect each other as well as Ninjago, because if one of us were to get hurt or…” he gulped “You know, die-”

“So would the other.” Mystery finished for him.

Lloyd punched her arm playfully, feeling the punch in his arm as well. 

“Yeah.”

Mystery looked up at him.

“Why the sudden change of heart.” she asked.

“Ah. I was getting kinda bored of shunning everyone.” Lloyd said, and smiled a mischievous smile, one that you would often see Kai wearing as he did the sort of thing Kai did. (Who knows exactly what that is…)

“You’re a real pile of trash, you know that.” Mystery chuckled.

“I know.” Lloyd said as he walked out of the ninja’s room for what seemed like the first time in years.

Jay would surely be happy to get his bed back.



Discalimer. I do not own any of these characters, other than my OC's June and Mystery, this is a fanfiction.

June 29, 2020 14:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

20 comments

23:50 Jul 04, 2020

This is a great story! I read your bio and I'm also a fan of avatar the last airbender :).

Reply

Cam Croz
16:15 Jul 05, 2020

Thank you! yes, Avatar the Last Airbender is amazing!

Reply

17:04 Jul 05, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Deleted Account
14:29 Jun 29, 2020

Even though Lloyd isn’t my favourite character (Cole) this is amazing and I love it!

Reply

Cam Croz
15:54 Jun 30, 2020

Haha, Cole is great. (my favorite character is probably Kai or Jay tho tbh) I just had this idea that has to do with Lloyd so... here it is! Thank you for reading it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Avery G.
20:39 Aug 10, 2020

Wow! I loved this story! I liked how you added the Ninjago, and you did a great job of expanding the characters!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Cheri Jalbert
04:21 Jul 08, 2020

I enjoyed the fast paced dialogue. Your brought your characters to life. Nice smooth writing. Easy read and great job engaging your reader. I look forward to more of your writing!

Reply

Cam Croz
02:40 Jul 09, 2020

Thank you so much!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Corey Melin
06:02 Jun 30, 2020

Enjoyed this story full of dialogue. It kept your attention without being descriptive. Well done

Reply

Cam Croz
15:53 Jun 30, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lily Burke
14:02 Mar 15, 2021

this is Good! story

Reply

Cam Croz
19:35 Mar 18, 2021

Thanks!

Reply

Lily Burke
12:40 Mar 20, 2021

your welcome do you like writing storys?

Reply

Cam Croz
14:44 Mar 22, 2021

yeah, depending on my mood haha

Reply

Lily Burke
13:55 Mar 24, 2021

Yeaah me too so what poems do you like writing

Reply

Cam Croz
16:17 Mar 24, 2021

for poems? I write just any random poem based off of my thoughts. Most of the ones Ive written are on AllPoetry.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:27 Jan 05, 2021

I love this so much! 💚 Also the description for June is the exact same for my OC June and Eva but June's my OC for Marvel! 😱🤯😳

Reply

Cam Croz
22:20 Jan 06, 2021

haha lol nice. Great minds think alike eh? 😂 thanks!

Reply

14:11 Jan 07, 2021

You're welcome!😊😂🤣

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.