My story is titled both Frank Posilico and Emily Robinson participated in Dry January.

Written in response to: Write a story about a character participating in Dry January.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled both Frank Posilico and Emily Robinson participated in Dry January.


It can be noted that Dry January is a campaign delivered by Alcohol Change U.K where people sign up to abstain from Alcohol.

During Dry January people who don't drink potentially live longer ,feel better, maintain a healthy weight and then save and have more money.

Also these people who don't often climb may also see improvement in their work performance mood, overall energy levels and the ability to actually maintain meaningful relationship with their friends and other families.

Also January marks a time for new beginnings and this involves participating in Dry January movement.

Again participating in Dr January often benefits your physical and mental health and helps you reassess your relationship with alcohol.

It can be noted that Frank Posilico in Huntington New York started Dry January in the year 2008. Other people also noticed the dramatic weight loss of Frank Posilico and his increased energy levels.


Also due to the inspiration of the Posilico movement Emily Robinson started an International Dry January campaign when she joined the Alcohol concern in 2012.

During the year 2011 , Emily Robinson signs up for her first half marathon which was to take place in February.

Again Emily Robinson does not like running much so to make her training easier she decides to give up booze in the month of January.

She then loses weight ,sleeps better and feels like she has more energy to do the run.

It can be noted that Dry January is a month of no alcohol. During Dry January it means you don't drink Alcohol for the month of January.

Normally Dry January is a month of no Alcohol.


Whenever we drink Alcohol daily there are long term health risks.

An excessive alcohol use can lead to the development of chronic diseases and other serious problems including high blood pressure ,heart disease ,stroke, liver disease and other digestive problems.

Whenever Frank Posilico and Emily Robinson stopped. drinking ,their liver started to recover within a week or months of Alcohol cessation.

The liver can focus on repairing minor damage and reducing inflammation.

Also the liver can generate and regain function but the process will take several months after Dry January.


It can be noted that almost three weeks of Frank and Emily not drinking means that they successfully reduce their risk of heart diseases including stroke ,high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

The ethos of Dr January is about a complete abstinence from Alcohol that is a cheat day to go against the challenge spirit.

Dry January is also called Janopause ,Dryuary, and Drynuary.

Also Dry January happens to be an annual initiative that encourages people to reduce their alcohol consumption or even become alcohol free for the first month of the new year.

Also Dry January is basically a New year resolution that focuses on damaging drinking habits.

During Dry January an individual gets a weight loss of around 2kg and a decrease in blood pressure of around five percent and an improvement in diabetes risk of almost thirty percent.

Most people don't realize that they experience anxiety due to drinking until they actually take a break from Alcohol during Dry January


Again individuals like Frank and Emily took the decision to get involved in a challenge like Dry January that could give a well needed break from Alcohol and a mood boost with a sense of claim.


The aim and objectives of Dry January is to start a new conversation about Alcohol to encourage people to consider and discuss their alcohol consumption and ultimately inspire behaviour change.

Dry January is a time for the New year resolution and one of the most common goals is to reduce Alcohol consumption. The first month of the New year is of no wonder , January has become a dry month of. Dry January.

During this period of Dry January individuals spent the first four weeks of the year Alcohol free.


Also during Dry January for the first ten days you will feel sharper and note an improvement in concentration.

Again during day seven your sleep will likely improve significantly with an improved pattern and more consistency. You may then start experiencing vivid dreams.

Also both Frank and Emily were able to manage Dry January in the following manner.

Among some of them includes

1. They reminded themselves of their motivation and the reason why they were doing this.?

2. Also they managed Dry January by telling and informing people about it.

3. They made a plan for situations where alcohol was an offer.

4. Again they managed Dry January by practicing saying No.

5. They also planned some activities to always look forward to entirely.

6. During Dry January be prepared for slip-ups.

7. As often during Dry January individuals must keep a diary and then phone a friend.

A thirty day break from drinking alcohol during Dry January can provide several health benefits.


Among the biggest benefits is your risk of cancer and heart diseases that may decrease.

During Dry January you may also experience improved quality sleep.

Also the benefit of Dry January is that it helps to abstain from Alcohol which includes the fact that it causes better sleep more energy ,weight loss with a clearer brighter skin, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and a lessening of anxiety , depression and stress.


Among some of the health benefits of not drinking alcohol includes the fact that

1. It lowers blood sugar.

2. Also it lowers blood pressure.

3. Also not drinking Alcohol causes less fatty build up around the liver.

4. Again not drinking alcohol imoroves existing conditions such as depression, high blood pressure or skin conditions.

5. Also not drinking Alcohol causes a better sleep.


In addition ,during Dry January regular drinkers who abstain from Alcohol for thirty days saw an improvement in both sleep and energy.

At times during Dry January your lifestyle then changes whereby you will be allowed not to consume alcohol due to that you will be allowed to consume fewer calories which means you will loose weight.


Also both Frank and Emily realised that the benefit of not drinking Alcohol for a period of about four months results in the following

1. Improvement in sleep.

2. Individuals often perform better mentally.

3. 0ther individuals often reduce the risk of cancer and other diseases.

4.There is an improvement in fertility.

5. Individuals often lose extra weight.


It can be noted that in Ghana during Dry January there is a ban on celebrities from endorsing Alcohol beverages.


Finally, the benefits of not drinking Alcohol during the period of Dry January in the month of January means that both Frank and Emily were able to eliminate Alcohol for even a month that can possibly improve sleep , reduce anxiety and then help lower blood pressure.

January 19, 2024 03:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.