7 comments

Contemporary High School

Author’s Note: This story somewhat goes with the prompt but not fully (it does say some of the lyrics from the song because it’s a great song and it’s kinda hard not to.) The song is called One Day by Tate McRae and I will put a link to it at the end of the story. 


Annie


I laid on my bed, and stared at the ceiling, a hundred thoughts going through my head, wondering if he knows who I am. Actually, no, definitely not. Normally, at school I would walk through the halls with my head, hanging, avoiding eye contact with him. We never really talked before, but whenever I hear his voice, I always get butterflies. I have absolutely no idea why it’s impossible to get him off my mind. There are one hundred thoughts going through my brain, but he's ninety-nine of them. I know for a fact that nothing will ever happen between us, and I’m fine with that. It’s just I feel like I’m breaking inside. 


Seth 


I normally only see her in the crowded halls, but it’s easy to spot her. She always hangs her head, I’ve never seen her eyes. I’ve tried everything to talk to her, but nothing’s worked. Every time I open my mouth to speak she either turns around or walks faster. It’s impossible to get her off my mind, and I don’t do anything, really, but wonder why. There are around a hundred things I think about and she’s ninety-nine. I’m pretty positive she’d never go out with me. I just don’t know why. We barely even know each other, yet she seems like she wants nothing to do with me, and it’s breaking me inside.

Once again, I’m walking in the very crowded halls, everyone trying to rush to class. Except for some things off, I don’t see her. I haven’t gone a day without seeing her in the halls. We’ve never had any classes together, but I’ve been seeing her in the halls since middle school. I walked over to my locker, stalling so maybe I’d have a chance of seeing her. I didn’t care if it’d make me late to class. She hadn’t missed a day of school since she had a lung infection back in ninth grade. It seemed weird. I was about to just turn around when I heard someone running behind me. I turned around and saw her. 

Annie Smith, walking towards me. I didn’t recognize her at first because it was the first time I ever saw her eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes I’d ever seen. She had two different colored eyes. The right, blue, and the left one, brown. 

She was now standing right in front of me, and we looked into each other’s eyes. It felt like I was being shown the future. I could see her calling me mine. I could see myself grabbing her by the waist and forcing us to meet face to face because she wouldn’t look at me. I was seeing myself saying that she’s my only light. 


Annie 


I couldn’t believe I was looking at him, into his eyes. It didn’t feel real, like something I would do. I decided to open my mouth, to speak, and if it didn’t go well then I guess I’ll just start to break even more inside. No big deal.

“It’s impossible to get you off my mind, I think about a hundred thoughts, but you, you’re ninety-nine. I know that you probably don’t even know I exist, and nothing will ever happen between us and that’s just fine,” I said, and then mumbled, “I can just keep breaking inside,” but he heard the mumble. 

“No, you’re not gonna keep breaking because they, then I’ll keep breaking,” he said. I wasn’t sure what to say to that so instead, I just stared down at my feet. He put a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up, and said, “I can’t get you off my mind either. I’ve known who you are since sixth grade except, this is the first time I’ve ever seen your eyes…” I could feel my face turning pink as he looked into my eyes more. 

“So, what now?” I asked. 

“Not sure, but I guess we’ll find out soon…” I couldn’t help but smile; I was no longer breaking inside. 


Author’s Note: I get that this might make you cringe, but I wasn’t exactly sure how else to write this and I wanna get in the writing habit again! I wouldn’t exactly call this romance but I’m guessing whatever this is, isn’t my area of expertise. Also, please make sure you listen to the song! (the link is down below) 



https://youtu.be/jhVc-phLHJA 



November 13, 2021 01:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Alexis Wilson
17:58 Jan 26, 2022

This story is amazing. it features all the components of writing and is a beuitifully writtten story

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
17:59 Jan 26, 2022

Thank you so so much, Lexie!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cooper Armstrong
02:57 Dec 11, 2021

AWESOMENESS!!!!! I LOVED THIS! CJ, I would be so so so honored if you would be apart of my new story. https://commaful.com/?r=ivycarter

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
03:32 Dec 14, 2021

Thank you so much And okie

Reply

Cooper Armstrong
03:47 Dec 14, 2021

Yay!

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
03:51 Dec 14, 2021

Except I'll like copy and paste the link tomorrow cause it's late where I am, I have to study for mid-terms and I wanna go to bed so yeah

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:06 Nov 27, 2021

🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋🧋

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.