95 comments

Drama

To my Dear kids and Grandkids~

Hello its Grandma Thora, or mama to my precious children. Youโ€™ve all grown up so much. My dear dear grand kids, I know many of you have never met me and it breaks my heart that the day you see me will be in my cold shell which carried my long gone soul.

Iโ€™ve always wondered why you never visited me, I started you, I built you in my stomach for 9 months. I begged for money everyday just to give you, my precious children a future. I became rich! I got you into the best schoolsโ€ฆbut yet, I guess it was never enough. My efforts are put to shame as I lay in this home, where you rest my old weary body.

Iโ€™ve spent everyday thinking about what I did wrong, was the love not enough? Did I give you all enough food? Did I get you into college? Yesโ€ฆI did all that, if I didnโ€™t how are you so successful? How do you sit on that throne so up in the clouds, the throne I used to sit on..the throne I past to you. Is the thrown I set for you so high, that you canโ€™t even see your mama dying.

My precious son Leroy, my oh so caring Lunette, my little moon Luna, and my little wolf Louvel. You were born to be the Light of my world, but you have grown into nothing but dull lamps. I birth you to care but you have done the opposite, you walk with dignity but filled with so much hatred and greed, and that greed has separated you, my world. I see it in your eyes, why has the world corrupted my children? Why..? They say, when your children become successful you become successful but there you all are with thousands of money and a successful businesses but yet all I am is a failure. All I see is a life worth of failures.

Whether you know it or not..you are failures as well. This is not the tradition I set in our house. I did not free your wings so that you may kill every other bird in your way, I did not set you free so that you may forget and abandon everyone who helped you spread those tiny wings. I did not. I never did. Four beating hearts, and yet I have 4 broken ones and you donโ€™t even know it. My precious children, my loves, my life..are all failures. The sad part isโ€ฆI will die before you realize the errors of your ways. My death is near my children. Everyday creeps near and my body dies more and more.

Remember when you turned eighteen. And each and everyone of you screamed in my face that you didnโ€™t need me anymore, Remember? At some part I started to believe it but now I see, believe you are wrong. Your fall is coming near and near and the crazy part is- I will be the cause. You all seem to have forgotten who I was, who I am. My name is Thora Win-Field, the most successful woman this earth has ever seen. I brought you up, I set that foundation, and I can tear it right back down. And I will. Even if it will the last thing I do. No. It will be the last thing I ever do.

Each one of you will fall, and you will all learn the meaning of only having yourself. But I am happy you all have each other, I am grateful. Just as my parents did to me..you will roam the streets like a rat. Searching trash cans for your daily dinner. You will suffer. I know I promised I would never do the things my parents did to me to you, but I didnโ€™t know how bad it was. I see my past self in you all, its not a good thing. Its a terrible sickness that will slowly kill you. I am your mother so, trust and believe me you will become a better person, once I rid you of the disease eating you up.

Why now you may ask yourself? Why now? Well..I called everyone of you 2 months right after my diagnosis of cancer and my surgery. And I couldnโ€™t even recognize your voice, instead of tears, the first thing you asked me. โ€˜Who will estate MY will?โ€™. I hung up on everyone of you because I didnโ€™t know what to say. I was shocked, I was broken, I was shattered. Does my money and possessions mean more than your own mothers life? I refuse to believe the answer is โ€˜yesโ€™. All you see right now is money, but when that is taken from you I wonder what you will see then? Will it be me?..I canโ€™t read the future, my precious, but I can tell you, when you see me..

I will be dead.

My husband, your father was an amazing man. He wanted the best for you all before he died, he found all the food for us when we lived on the streets. He was the provider, my rock..but I didnโ€™t know he was giving everything he had to us. I didnโ€™t know. I didnโ€™t know. Until his last breath. He said; โ€œI gave everything I had to them, to you, now you must do the same, but I donโ€™t want you to die until our precious children are successful, happy and have a beautiful life. I want them to have a heart inside and out. A good one. Join me, when youโ€™ve done thatโ€. He never opened his eyes again after saying that. I told him โ€˜yesโ€™ over and over but I could tell his soul had gone up to be with our Heavenly Father. I have failed, I have failed and it took me so long to realize my failure. That is why I must put things right. His words to me are mine to you, and when it happens when you lose all of your โ€˜preciousโ€™ possessions, if I see any one of my grandchildren in heaven with me, I will never forgive you.

โ€ฆ

My death will be soon. I know it. This letters will arrive to you on the day of your fall. The beginning of June, the beginning of everyone of your lives will be the death of your โ€˜successโ€™. But it will be the beginning of your growth, I would love to see the day you become beautiful, but its like they say. โ€˜Everything comes with a priceโ€™. The price for you will be loss of me.

During this time period, you will curse my name, you will call me the cruelest of things, but I promise I will always love you. You donโ€™t have to be rich, you donโ€™t have to be a special human in history..no, all I want is for you to become a person everyone remembers not because of your money but because of your personality. I want people to speak of you all with respect. I want them to see who I see when I look at you. My beautiful children of Light. I want them to say, โ€œYes, these are the Great Thoraโ€™s childrenโ€

As for my will, Leroy, Lunette, Luna, and Louvel. I am a billionaire, a woman of so many riches, but- in this life I have no will, no legacyโ€ฆโ€ฆ yet. Because I earned nothing in my little life. You may take my money, and my expensive things but..you will find that they are nothing, they are meaningless. When you become an example of the children me and your father held so close to our hearts during your birth, then I believe you will see my true will lies somewhere close, somewhere deeper than our eyes can see.

My quadruplets, my heart, my life. My greatest regret will be not being able to see you grow up into true beautiful men and women, I know you can be. I will always be watching you, protecting you, nothing will change, because even in death -

I am your mother.

September 01, 2020 23:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

95 comments

Whew this was a fast idea and I just started writing. And couldn't stop till I was done. - Not sure about the story. But my two options (for the title) were those and I was couldn't decide both could work though right? - Is this story good or noooo, I'm freaking out someone tell me what they thinkk pleaassee๐Ÿฅบ - I was really feeling Thora here, almost teared up.๐Ÿ˜ญ But seriously what do you guys think about the overrall story. Comment, and like and anything will be much appreciated. Thank youu thank youuu thank youu! - Snowโœจ*~

Reply

00:46 Sep 02, 2020

Okay! My responses: 1. I like the first title best!! 2. Yessss this was GREAT! Really deep and heartfelt..I enjoyed how it was told in letter form. Awesome job! 3. The aboooove it my comment! KEEP WRITING!

Reply

Thankkk youuu Aerin!! Means so much! Yeah alot people are liking the first one, mayyybbee! Thanks againn!๐Ÿคญ

Reply

02:14 Sep 02, 2020

No problem! Also, I just posted a new story! Would you mind checking it out? If so, thanks!

Reply

Yupp I'll read both of them! When I get time promise!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
23:58 Sep 01, 2020

This comment...was confusing. But to the story. It was beautiful. Like for real, I was engaged. It's sad and eye-opening, and really deep. You captured the voice of thorna really well, and it's such an intriguing story. For real, you're getting better and better and better. It's good, YES! My fav story or I should say stories of yours is Indescribable Like or Love, but you prob already know that. I just love the cutesy romance. Please keep writing, you truly have talent. Your fan, Sunny

Reply

Thannkk youuu! And yeah myy badd! I corrected a bunch of stuff (in the comment), rushing and typing in not for me. But anyways the parts I corrected I just said, I wasn't sure of the title of the book and couldn't decide on which name to use so I put both and was asking whether the title was good. And the rest of the comment is the usual. Thora* YAY! I'm so happy you liked it, seriously it means alot! And yeah๐Ÿ˜‚. And I will never stop writing, thank you for always supporting and commenting. Omg my first fan YAY! Which is crazy cause I'...

Reply

Amany Sayed
00:48 Sep 02, 2020

No Problem! Haha, it's fine. Hmmm, I would probably title it I'm your mother, but out of your choices, I like To my Four Hearts best. Oops, my bad. :) Yay, it's my pleasure! Omg, MY first fan :) ~Sunny

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amany Sayed
00:53 Sep 08, 2020

Snow Snow Snooooooooow, you said you have no ideas for the prompts this week, but how bout Ben and Elle get trapped in an elevator together and talk stuff out???? Also, what's your status on getting Wattpad? Fan to fan ~Sunny

Reply

Ouuu that is one idea..! Hmmmm....hm....I might use this, we'll just have to see.. And yess I totally forgot but I was doing it right after I saw this message, I'm stuck on my username๐Ÿฅบ

Reply

Amany Sayed
01:41 Sep 08, 2020

Pleaseeeeee how bout snowydayz567(idk some number) that way we can match but I'm sunny you're snowy

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Sia S
04:38 Sep 12, 2020

I have a new story out. After writer's block. Would you mind checking it out ?

Reply

I would lovee too!!

Reply

Sia S
04:58 Sep 12, 2020

:)

Reply

Actually will it be okay if I read it tomorrow? Its superrr late here, would that be okay??

Reply

Sia S
05:25 Sep 12, 2020

Oh Yes sure ! Good Night !

Reply

Oh right I checked it out sorry it took so long! It was honestly great!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Great jobb! This story was really deep and heartwarming.

Reply

Omg! You have a story out!!! AHhh you shoulda tolddd me! I'll read it tomorrow kay! Have a good day or night..!

Reply

Yasssssss! Oops sorry! K, thank youuuuu!! Good night/day!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ru .
21:19 Sep 24, 2020

Whoa, this started sweet and slow then flowed out into a really emotional piece! This was so tender and moving and your writing style is so coherent. I love the title and the unique names. The last line was brilliant โ€” you have talent! Keep writing! Do you think you could leave me some thoughts on my story when you get the time? I would love to listen to any ideas or feedback from you.

Reply

Aww thank youu! This was so sweet! And of course! When I get time I will definitely come read some of your stories

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:00 Sep 03, 2020

Hey, Snow! Do you notice a different in your points...? I just upvoted 40+ comments, lol. Enjoy your new points!! Have a good day! ~Aerin

Reply

OMGGG THANKK YOU soooooo soo much Aerin!! Your the besstt! And you have a great day as well! - Snowโœจ*~

Reply

18:08 Sep 03, 2020

No problem ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
05:35 Sep 02, 2020

Wow!!!! That was so meaningful! I loved it !

Reply

Sia S
17:13 Sep 02, 2020

โœŒ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
D. Shikha
02:31 Sep 02, 2020

Very beautiful story, Ugochi!! I loved it!! One thing I noticed: 'How do you sit on that throne so up in the clouds, the thrown I used to sit on..the thrown I past to you. Is the thrown I set for you so high, that you canโ€™t even see your mama dying.' I think that there should be throne instead of thrown. Good job๐Ÿ‘ ~D

Reply

Thankk you!! and I didn't even notice that, I just fixed it thank you!!

Reply

D. Shikha
03:01 Sep 02, 2020

You're welcome!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
01:37 Sep 02, 2020

Wow! Beautifully written

Reply

Thannkk youu!! Your page looks interesting, I'll go read your story now!

Reply

. .
02:21 Sep 02, 2020

No problem and thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
15:49 Sep 05, 2020

Heyyy, check out my daily random?? :)

Reply

"How do you get your ideas for stories?" Okaayyy to answer your question, I usually get ideas by thinking about something personal that hasss happened to me. Then I make it something fancy. I also get ideas by thinking of the things I want- like Indescribable Like or Love? is based on how I would want MY husband/boyfriend to act (in the future though-). And also I get inspiration from things that give me inspiration.(things that make an impact on me whether happy or sad), like Chadwicks death- in my story My Four Hearts, Thora has Cancer...

Reply

Amany Sayed
16:42 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you so much Snow! Longest response yet, and suuuuper helpful. I get what you mean bout the boyfriend thing. I can't get myself to make like an annoying boyfriend or something, it's all based on what I would want XD Thankssss a tonnnn girl! yeah, a bit ๐Ÿ˜ช

Reply

Yeahhh your welcome! Glad it helped. Well one thing I would say or advice...just don't spend your time sitting, thinking about it..I usually just let my stories come to me. Like i'd be sitting there listening to music and it just clicks. Its not the BEST way ever๐Ÿ˜… but it helps sometimes. Everr feel like when you care about something it doesn't work, but when you don't it automatically starts working? Maybe I'm the only one but thats how it sometimes goes when it comes to me writing stories

Reply

Amany Sayed
22:45 Sep 05, 2020

Haha yeah. Thanks again!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Karin Venables
02:28 Sep 10, 2020

I love this plea to her children to become people or as my Jewish friend would say a mensch. It is emotional, heartfelt, and you can feel the pain in her words. I like that it is written in the form of a letter they will get to remind them, things are not all. There are minor mistakes, like thrown instead of throne and past instead of passed, but they slipped right by me. I had to go look for them once I finished reading to convince myself I saw them in the first place. Please keep writing. You did a great job here.

Reply

Omg thank youuu so much! That means so much! And omg I coulda sworn I fixed that, hmm. Thanks for letting me know anyways. But thankkk you I'm so happy you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lata B
21:41 Sep 07, 2020

I loved reading this! It was sooo worth my time! From the start to the end it was beautiful! Keep writing amazing stories!

Reply

Thannkkk you so much Lata! I am so happy you liked it! This just made my day๐Ÿ˜Š

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rambling Beth
22:25 Sep 02, 2020

Very meaningful story and I love your title! It's very bittersweet (in a good way).

Reply

Thank you Beth! Means a lot!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.