0 comments

Christmas Friendship Funny

Jaemin was sitting in his kitchen thinking about something special he could do for the Christmas party. He looked around the room and happened to stop his eyes on a plate of cookies he had made. Then, he got an idea.

"What if." He thought. "What if I made a giant cookie! What if I got Jun and Artemis to help me make a giant cookie! We could make the biggest cookie in the world! We could be in the Guinness Book of World Records!" Jaemin stood up to run across the street to his girlfriends bakery.

He walked in to see her finishing off some sort of treat and smiling wide.

"What are you smiling about?" Jaemin asked.

"I've been trying for the longest time to get this recipe right and I finally got it thanks to Taeyeon and Jungguk!"

"When did you go visit them?"

"Earlier today. Do you want to try one?" She lifted a piece of red, white and green fudge up towards Jaemin. He took the square of fudge and nibbled on it.

"It's good!"

"I know!" There was a short silence before Jaemin broke it.

"I had an idea and I thought you might wanna hear it."

"Alright, shoot!" Artemis said as Jaemin sat sown and pulled her onto he lap. He wrapped his arms gently around her torso rested his chin on her shoulder before speaking.

"What if, we got the entire friend group to help us make the biggest cookie in the world!"

"What?" Artemis turned her head slightly, bumping Jaemin's head off of her shoulder.

"I think we should make a giant cookie with everyone for the Christmas party!" Jaemin said. Artemis stared at him and then laughed.

"You're not serious, right?" Jaemin just looked at her.

"You don't think it's a good idea?" He asked her.

"No. It's just that, we don't have the right resources for that."

"Oh. I guess you're right. We could still make really huge cookies! Like, pizza size!"

"Okay. I can do that. I'll call the younger boys and you can call the older ones." Jaemin shook his head and they both pulled out their phones.

"Is everyone here?" Jaemin asked. They had made all the calls and waited for the boys to get there. Now he was counting them to make sure he had gotten all of them.

"They're all here." Artemis said.

"Alright. This is what's going on. We're going to make giant cookies. We'll split the groups evenly between the two bakeries. We'll use a random name generator to make the groups so it's fair." Jaemin took out his phone and typed in all the names and that he wanted it in two groups. He clicked the generate button and then read off the groups. "The first group is Doseok, Jungguk, me and Artemis and the second group is Yoonki, Taeyeon, Jun and Namjun."

"If you get to be with your girlfriend then I should get to be with my best friend!" Jungguk whined.

"I agree!" Taeyeon said.

"We can't have that much mayhem in one group but maybe we should switch one of them out so that each of them can be the leader of the group in their bakery." Jun said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Fine. How about Artemis switches with Jun?" Jaemin said. The group agreed so they split up. Doseok, Jungguk, Jaemin and Jun left to Jaemin's bakery and the rest stayed at Artemis' bakery.

"Okay guys. I'll give you each a job and then we'll get to work." Artemis started. "Taeyeon and Namjun, you two will shape and cook the cookies." The boys nodded. "Yoonki, you and I will make the batter." Yoonki nodded his head.

Soon the batter was done and it was the other boys' turn to cook. They started shaping the giant cookie while Yoonki and Artemis got back to work on the next batch.

Half-way through making the next batch of cookies, Artemis started to sniff the air.

"That's weird." She said.

"Smells like smoke." Yoonki said.

"Smoke? Why would it smell like smoke?"

"Where there's smoke there's fire." Yoonki said. Artemis stopped adding ingredients and suddenly ran towards the door to the baking section of her kitchen. She opened it and was met with a cloud of smoke. She coughed and backed up before remembering that the boys were in there. She ran in only to immediately be pulled back.

"What do you think you're doing?" It was Yoonki. "I'll go in, you stay there." Yoonki ducked into the smoke before Artemis could say anything. She waited for a good five minutes before running in after him. She could hear a commotion and a lot of coughing.

"What's going on!" She yelled.

"Namjun burnt the cookies and set the oven on fire so I tried to put it out but the water just made it bigger!" She heard Taeyeon yell.

"I told him not to throw water on it but it was too late!" Namjun yelled through the smoke.

"Where's Yoonki!" Artemis yelled.

"I'm here! I'm trying to find some baking soda!"

"I'll get it! You guys get out of here!" Artemis yelled as she started coughing.

"We shouldn't leave you here!" Namjun said.

"I'll be out in a second. I know where the baking soda is so I'll just put it out and get out of here!" Artemis yelled. The boys reluctantly agreed and headed out.

"Why isn't she out yet!? It's been five minutes!" Yoonki said. "I'm going back in to get her!" Namjun grabbed Yoonki's arm.

"I'll get her. I'll be able to carry her better." Namjun stepped inside the smoke filled room and stepped out a moment later with a limp Artemis in his arms. "we should take her to the hospital."

"Is the fire out?" Yoonki asked.

"Yeah."

An hour later, the entire group of friends was inside Artemis' hospital room. She was talking to Jaemin.

"How did your cookies go?"

"Not well. Jungguk didn't join us because he was angry about not being put with Taeyeon and Jimin mistook the salt for sugar so the cookies were disgusting."

"Maybe we should give up the huge cookie idea." Artemis said.

"I second that." Yoonki said. "It was a dumb idea in the first place."

"Be nice, Yoonki." Jun said.

"At least everyone came out okay!" Taeyeon said.

"I guess we did come out okay. That's good." Artemis said. "How about, once I get a little bit better, we all make NORMAL cookies together?"

"That sounds like fun!" Jungguk said. "As long as I'm in Taeyeon's group."

"We'll make sure you guys are in the same group." Jaemin laughed. The rest of the group joined Jaemin's laughing fit. I guess, in the end, Christmas wouldn't have been about winning a prize. It would've been about sharing your gifts and being with your friends and family.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

December 11, 2020 02:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.