My story is entitled the Planeteers lost their lucky charm rings.

Written in response to: Write about someone losing their lucky charm.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled the Planeteers lost their lucky charm rings.


Once upon a time,the Planeteers who helped in summoning Captain Planet through their lucky charm rings got into a serious trouble they lost their lucky charm rings.

The rings was given to five brilliant people of different countries by Gai the God and mother of the earth.

The Planeteers searched almost everywhere for the magic rings but it all came to no avail.

The five Planeteers contacted a young detective by name Prince Brempong.

It was Prince Brempong who helped the Police to catch a dangerous criminal who stole the five magic rings of the Planeteers.


However Prince the detective asked his colleague whether he did recognize this thief. His colleague reply was absolutely No,due to the fact that it was quiet dark at that time.

Also his colleague and the other Planeteers noticed that a tree had fallen almost across the road and when he got out of the lorry to move it, he was hit from behind and he remembered nothing until Prince Brempong the Detective gave him water to drink at their premises.

It was then that I realised that it was a woman's instinct that informs Elizabeth his wife that it was the Mafia who attacked him said the Sergeant and the young detective Prince Brempong.

Elizabeth your wife might be true but the Police must have some sort of proof as to how it all started at that moment.


In addition do you know this Mafia has his left toe missing.?

Absolute No, said William. We only knew that the cutlass fell on his foot so the blood poured out but I think that it is possible that the toe was completely cut off. There was a mark on his head from the stick.

He knew him at once ,when he saw him.

Also he is known to be small and ugly

and his eyes were evil and actually does not look the same way as always.

The young detective Prince Brempong and the Sergeant smoked his pipe silently for a while.

He then mentioned and said We will do as follows , tomorrow I will arrange for a lorry and then we will go to town.

Joshua will go to the hospital until his leg is being healed. Elizabeth will live in the Police barracks with his wife and then then I will show myself in the town on duty.

The Mafia will then come to the town to seek Elizabeth but until he hears I have actually returned to town he will not come.


However secretly on the day after he came back to search for him. May I watch for him by tomorrow night while you are still in the town. ? asked Prince Brempong the detective eagerly.

Also the news of his return to town never reached the Mafia by tomorrow night and he will not come so there was no need for him to watch.

Besides the night was full of strange noises and you will fear to sit alone when darkness comes replied the Sergeant.


I will then take both my bow and arrow and I will not fear at all said Prince Brempong the detective.

Please let me watch and I will sit in the old lorry park and shed where I shall

see and hear almost anyone coming to the house.

Sergeant Asiedu shook his head.

Prince then decided on one last try.

It can be noted that News travels very fast within the bush.

He mentioned that the Mafia might easily hear almost at once that you have gone and come back to look for Elizabeth .

Very well , said the young Sergeant Asiedu. You may as well find out that watching is very monotonous and seldom exciting but you are not to use both your bow and arrow or it will be a charge of attempted murder against the Mafia and his entire gang.

The Mafia were noted to be cruel and criminals of some sort.

These Mafia could easily kidnap,shoot and kill anyone who threats them or accuses them .


As can be noted in certain instances these Mafia steal the belongings of innocent civilians and sometimes maim them when they try to fight them back.

The Mafia do not have sympathy for innocent civilians.

Also the Mafia with his gangs stole the five magic rings ,when they used it they summoned an evil entity by name Captain Pollution who was noted to be very cruel and often destroys and pollutes the entire country including the earth as a whole.

It was noted that the behaviour of Captain Pollution was a threat to the Planeteers.

The Planeteers thought of a way to stop Captain Pollution until they get their stolen lucky charm rings back and then summon Captain Planet or the entire earth will be destroyed by Captain Pollution.

It can be noted that it is only Captain Planet who can fight back Captain Pollution the evil entity and very ugly the lookalike of Captain Planet.


Captain Pollution kidnaps young children both boys and girls. It is also Captain Pollution who sets fire to our green vegetation and causes bushfires in the forest.

Again it is Captain Pollution who also destroys our water bodies such as lakes ,rives ,sea with toxic wastes like gases due to this mankind and other animals find it very difficult to drink and use such water bodies.

In view of this they often named Captain Pollution as a Threat to Humanity.


Lastly one Friday morning which happens to be a day that we often express love Prince Brempong the detective and his other colleagues went in search of the Mafia.

They caught the Mafia within his hideout in his possessions were guns , kidnapped boys and girls , including the lost five magic rings that belonged to the Planeteers.

The detective Prince Brempong helped to rescue both the boys and girls from their hideout. The five magic rings were handed back to the Planeteers by the young detective Prince Brempong.

The Planeteers mentioned Thank you.

It was then that a delighted grin spread over the face of the detective Prince.


Later the Planeteers with their lucky charm rings summoned Captain Planet one of the Worlds greatest men to fight back Captain Pollution.

Also Captain Planet fought back Captain Pollution and his gang he destroyed him and hid his body under a mountain due to this mountains are always big and difficult to climb because of the evil deeds of Captain Pollution.

Captain Planet made the earth a safe place for humanity and other animals.

Again Captain Planet cleaned all the toxic wastes that enters our water bodies such as rivers, lakes, sea inorder for humanity and animals to have safe drinking water.

Captain Planet released all kidnapped children by Captain Pollution and he set them free from captivity.

As can be noted it was Captain Planet who helped in stopping the bushfires that occurs in our green vegetation and other forests caused by Captain Pollution.

Captain Planet solved most of our environmental problems caused by Captain Pollution.

When Captain Planet finished with his task on earth he left the Planeteers with five lucky charm rings which was magical and then he mentioned "The Power is Yours." Until he is being summoned again.


Finally the Planeteers expressed their appreciation and gratitude for their lucky charm rings which was magical and the mere fact that it was being returned back to them.





January 09, 2023 06:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.