Felicia's Fortune Chapter 11: A bog full of gallivanting fiddlesticks!

Submitted into Contest #85 in response to: Start your story with the line, โ€œThatโ€™s the thing about this cityโ€ฆโ€... view prompt

21 comments

Fantasy Fiction Funny

This story is inspired by Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard, and my siblings.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

โ€œThatโ€™s the thing about this city, you can always find who youโ€™re looking for. And I was looking for yโ€“โ€ I cut him off.

โ€œIf you actually have the nerve to say, โ€˜I was looking for you, Felicia!โ€™ then I will personally have Azazel stab you with a fork, so leave us alone, Max!โ€™ I was surprised and mad that he just showed up on this island, expecting me to just smile and pretend that nothing happened. โ€œIโ€™ve had enough of you! I told you to go bugger off and donโ€™t bother me again, so you just decide to chase after me in hopes of forgiveness! Iโ€“โ€ I stopped talking when Max reached out and touched my shoulder.

โ€œFelicia, Iโ€™m sorry. I shouldnโ€™t have kept you in the dark, but thereโ€™s some things you canโ€™t tell everybody. I know it was wrong, but it wouldโ€™ve kept you safe.โ€

โ€œIf it made me safe, I would be home baking a cake and not on this stupid quest doing my so-called motherโ€™s bidding! You should know by now that darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. [GU1]ย And the truth is light for me, but you stole it away and kept it for yourself.โ€ I moved to push him out the door, but Ali gently touched my shoulder.

โ€œCโ€™mon, Felicia. Letโ€™s be off to Bedfordshire.โ€ She led me away, Azazel following behind us as if to keep me from running back, which in my state of half-drowned, I donโ€™t think that wouldโ€™ve been possible.

Ali pushed me down on the bed and Azazel shut the door behind us.

โ€œLook, Felicia. You wouldnโ€™t be sitting here if it werenโ€™t for Max. Heโ€“โ€ Ali started to say, but I wouldnโ€™t let her finish.

โ€œYou may think Max is such a savior and that he saved our lives by ruining the quest, but in fact, heโ€™s bloody doomed us all!โ€ I shot back.

โ€œI know youโ€™re mad at him, but thereโ€™s no reason for him not to come on this quest! Just because heโ€™s keeping secrets from us doesnโ€™t mean weโ€™re all doomed-โ€

ย โ€œNo you donโ€™t understand!โ€ I interrupted her. โ€œI got a letter from Demeter saying to come to Calf of Man, and only to take two other people there. If I didnโ€™t, someone supposedly dies. He almost literally killed one of us, so if you think that he is a savior in any way, youโ€™re wrong. I dunno about you, but Iโ€™m not going to sit here and be one of those lasses in distress. We donโ€™t need his help, so I say we leave him here while we go to Calf of Man so we can try not to die once weโ€™re there. We need to sneak out while heโ€™s not watching and find ourselves another boat. For now, we need a distraction.โ€ I looked at them for suggestions, but they were still processing what I said.

As they thought it over, I suddenly thought back to the prophecy:

keep yourself sane

for you will be slain

at the hands of the Impaler

with much valor

Your name on the bead

will plant a seed

for a new hero

to come from zero

I started panicking, and the world got a little wonky as the memory haunted me. I felt dread at what it could mean but I hoped it wouldnโ€™t come to that. (No, Bronte! Iโ€™m not going to tell you what I thought it meant!) I tried to keep my face blank as Ali finally processed what I said and what that meant we needed to do. Her face became scarily determined as she formulated a plan. She got Azazelโ€™s attention my smacking her gob, which was hanging open, and said, โ€œFine. Itโ€™s a work in progress, but it should be enough to escape.โ€

She scribbled down some words on a paper before handing it to me, gesturing for me to be silent. I nodded and got ready for what was to come.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Standing by the window, Ali and I signaled to Azazel, who was standing outside the room to the door. I whispered a silent prayer that this would work. Azazel dropped the little homemade smoke bomb that Ali made down to the bottom floor. It hit the tile, and I heard a faint hissing sound. Smoke poured up from the first floor, and the hotel was thrown into panic as the fire alarms went off.

Azazel ran back to us and we climbed down the rope Ali had made from some of our extra shirts and the duvet. We hopped down to the ground and started running towards the harbor. I slowed down when I heard something that sounded like paws hitting the ground. While Ali and Azazel were screaming at me to catch up, I picked up the little dog that had been following me. It looked lost and scared, so I pickedย it up and ran after the others. Azazel looked at it and started petting while running, while Ali screamed for me to put it down.

The little chihuahua yipped happily in my arms, and I smiled. It seemed to get heavier every step I took until I had to put it down. After I was done brushing off the fur, I looked up and saw that the little chihuahua was no longer liter-sized, but bloody huge, and there was smoke coming from its nostrils.

I vaguely heard Ali scream, โ€œRUN!โ€ before I legged it out of there.

โ€œWhat the pants is THAT!?โ€ Azazel yelled at me.

โ€œI donโ€™t know, just keep RUNNING!โ€ I yelled back, almost to the harbor, where Ali was untying a boat from a pole.

It had a reddish-brown wood stain, four seats, and a small compartment holder in the middle. There was a teeny flag that Azazel started playing with after we hopped on the boat. I sat up front with Ali as she started the engine. The bags we had salvaged from the previous boat explosion were thrown at Azazel.

The big chihuahua was still bounding after us, but once it reached the harbor, it skidded to a stop. From a distance, it looked like a cute puppy that drooled fire. It raised its head and shot flames into the sky before bounding away, shrinking into the distance.

I leaned back in the chair, grateful that we had gotten off the island without getting eaten, and also without Max.

โ€œThat wasโ€ฆโ€ I trailed off, not having the words to describe what just happened.

โ€œA bog full of gallivanting fiddlesticks!โ€ Azazel finished for me.

โ€œTa, but thatโ€™s not exactly how I would describe it.โ€ I said back.

โ€œHow would you describe it, then? I would certainly like to know.โ€ Someone said from the back of the boat.

โ€œHowโ€™d you get here? Get on your bike! You shouldnโ€™t have come back! Youโ€™re full of tosh!โ€ I was miffed, not only because we were being followed again, but because this plonker wasnโ€™t buggering off when I told him to.

-Felicia

(Chapter 12 should also come out this week! Stay tuned!)

March 18, 2021 14:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

21 comments

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
16:06 Mar 18, 2021

Also, some edits will be made, for all you who have read this! Just a heads up!

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
21:37 Mar 18, 2021

Edits have been made! Just a few minor adjustments๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for your patience!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
00:38 Apr 23, 2021

freaking fantastic story; it made an indelible impression on reader that will never be forgotten. hat's off

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
12:41 Apr 23, 2021

Thank you, Bia!๐Ÿ˜Š

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
AntMan ๐Ÿœ
11:47 Mar 26, 2021

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ŠI'll check out your stories! Thanks for reading my bio!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Felicity Anne
21:18 Mar 24, 2021

Hello!! Will you help us get rid of downvoting? Click here to sign our petition!! :) http://chng.it/Y8pTpNJG

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
21:28 Mar 24, 2021

๐Ÿ˜Ofc! I think it's great that you're doing this!

Reply

Felicity Anne
23:02 Mar 25, 2021

Aww tysm!!

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
11:45 Mar 26, 2021

You're welcome!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
AntMan ๐Ÿœ
13:38 Mar 23, 2021

Hi everyone! thanks for waiting! I'm trying to get chapter 12 out ASAP and possibly a few more! I know lots of you are waiting, and the prompts this week are BY FAR better for chapter 12! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿœ

Reply

Show 0 replies
AntMan ๐Ÿœ
13:36 Mar 22, 2021

๐Ÿ˜๐ŸคฉWow! That's a lot of pets! ๐Ÿ˜… I don't think I have that many! What is your favorite thing to bake?

Reply

mainly cakes, I LOVE baking and decorating cakes. Only thing is I can never make a set design, I always end up up with something different. Like if you give me a broad theme, like holidays, I can do it but you cant sketch something out and tell me to do it I gotta just let it flow you know? XD What about you? Whats ur fave thing to bake?

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
13:47 Mar 22, 2021

๐Ÿ˜I also LOVE to make cake and cookies! Chocolate is my family's favorite, but I often do vanilla. I usually look at cool designs and interrogate my siblings for ideas, and then do something specific. I am currently working on a 7-layer gauntlet cake, my tallest yet! I've only done 3-layer before, so this is new๐Ÿ˜… I'm hoping it won't collapse while I'm at school ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
13:54 Mar 22, 2021

That's great! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel {Readsy}
00:40 Apr 23, 2021

Antman I have and eat even all the skeleton, and left no remains oooooopssssssss. (โ˜†^ใƒผ^โ˜†)(โ˜†^ใƒผ^โ˜†)(โ˜†^ใƒผ^โ˜†)(โ˜†^ใƒผ^โ˜†)

Reply

AntMan ๐Ÿœ
12:41 Apr 23, 2021

\(@^0^@)/

Reply

Angel {Readsy}
13:37 Apr 23, 2021

(ใ€‚^_ใƒป)ใƒŽ

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.