4 comments

Drama Friendship Funny

Chapter 1

I picked up a coconut. I sliced it open. I lived on an island for all of my life with my family. I loved it there. That was why I was devastated when I heard what my mom had said.

“Anna, can you come over here?” mom called. I walked over to the tent we made over the years. “Yes?” 

“Anna...you’re going to the modern world.” Mom said. “Umm what?” I asked. My eyes lingered on...paper? “Mom...where did you get paper?”

My mom showed me the paper. I could read it since my parents taught me how to read.

To Annalise Blockwood,

Hello! You are invited to ‘The Modern World’. You and your family have lived on Coconut Island for years now. It’s time to see the real world. Your parents have requested to stay on Coconut island while you, Bailey, and Benjamin. We will see you soon. 

Kind regards, from The Modern World. 

“MOM!” I yelled. “Stop screaming!” Mom scolded. I ignored her and shouted, “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! HOW IS A 15 YEAR OLD, 5 YEAR OLD AND 10 YEARS OLD SUPPOSED TO LIVE ALONE?! AND ME BEING THE OLDEST!”

“Annalise! Do not yell at us!” Dad said. I scowled at my name. “Fine. When do we leave?” I asked, crossing my arms. “Now.” mom quietly said, pointing up at the sky. I looked up and gasped. “Is that a helicopter?”

“Wow!” 5 year old Ben said, staring at the helicopter. 10 year old Bailey raised an eyebrow. “Here.” Dad passed us our things. “What’s this for?” Ben asked. Our parents didn’t answer. “Let’s go.” I said when the helicopter landed. “Ummm Anna? What’s happening?” Bailey warily asked. “Just follow me.” I carried Ben with one arm and held Bailey’s hand with the other. When we were in the helicopter, the pilot said, “You kids will be alright.”

Well I hope so.

Chapter 2

When we landed, Bailey and Ben were asleep. I carried Ben while another person carried Bailey. I never took my eyes off of her. Y’know. Just in case. We arrived at a...huge house. What people call a mansion. It was supposedly good but I Have Burning questions. Why are they helping us? IS this our house? Is it safe?

They laid Ben in a bed and Bailey in another bed. I scribbled a note down for Bailey.

Hey Bails! If you're awake, then read this! It’s probably super confusing but we’re living here I guess. If you want to find me, I’m with Ben. Don’t worry. I made sure the rooms were right next to each other. Just go left one. Be quiet though. Ben’s in deep sleep.

-Your fav sis, Anna

I put it on her nightstand and tiptoed to Ben’s room. I pulled out a phone or whatever it’s call they gave me and pulled up messages. The only contact there was, was security, Bailey, and Arlen. Ben was too young to type and I guessed that Arlen was the owner of the house. Then, the door  creaked open. It was Bailey. “Hey Bails.” I whispered. Bailey Shut the door and sat next to me. “Now tell me what’s going on.” 

I bit my lips and said, “I only know a little too but I’ll tell you what I know.”

After explaining, Bailey shouted, “WHAT?!” HOW COULD MOM AND DAD-”

Ben woke up, crying. “Shhh shhh it’s okay.” I said. Ben stopped crying and yawned. “Where are we?” He asked. “You are at my personal mansion of course.” Someone said from the doorway. all 3 of us turned to look at the man.

Chapter 3

“Hello. I am Arlen. The house owner.” He said. “Oh um. Hello.” I said, "I have a 15-year old daughter and son, I hope you don’t mind.” Arlen said. “We won’t mind.” I quickly said. “DAAAAAADDDYYYY! CAN YOU BUY THIS NEW DESIGNER OUTFIT?!” A girl with ice-blue eyes and straight blonde hair clomped into the room. “Uhhh Amber sweet we have people who will live with us.” Arlen said. Amber looked at not Ben or Bailey but me. She plastered a smile. “Welcome to our home.” She said, sweetly. “So this is Ben, this is Bailey, and this is Anna.” Arlen pointed to each one of us. “What wonderful names! I wish to hang out but I have plans I already made.” Amber held the smile until she was out of the room. “How dare rats come crawl into our house.” Amber gritted her teeth before walking off.

Anna knew better. She knew that Amber was doing an act. She could just tell by the way she smiled. It was a fake. She thought Ben and Bailey would think she was nice but when Arlen went off, Bailey said, “I don’t like that Amber girl.”

“Me either.” Ben agreed. Our whole family was conscious so we were able to read people by their posture and facial expression. “I’ll be back. I gotta go to the bathroom.” I said, I walked out and saw a room at the end of the hallway. I thought it was the bathroom. It was not. It was a beautiful room decorated and it had a pretty view out the window. Then she saw the piano. She always wanted to play one. She traced her finger across the keyboard when a hand grabbed her wrist. It was Amber. “What the heck do you think you're doing here?!” She hissed. “I was just-”

“Get out!”

“But can you tell me where the bath-”

Then she did. Amber pushed me. At the same time. A boy my age was walking in. “Hey Amber, do you know where my hat-AMBER!!!” He pulled Amber off and helped me up. “Are you okay?” He asked. “Um yes. Can you tell me where the bathroom is?” I asked in a flat voice. ”Right down the hallway, then go left. Again, I’m sorry.” He said. I went to the bathroom and went to where Ben and Bailey were.

Chapter 4

I’m shocked. Very shocked. Arlen had just told us that we would go to school starting tomorrow. “I...thank you!” I cried. “No problem. Now come downstairs for dinner.” Arlen said, leading them to the dinner table. Amber raised an eyebrow. “What is she-I mean, Hello! I was just about to call you down.” 

Ben, Bailey and I rolled our eyes. “Amber!” The boy sharply said. I looked at him. His blue eyes seemed to say, “Sorry about Amber”.

“I don’t think I've ever told you my name.” He said. “Huh? Oh um...I’m Anna.” I said. “Annalise.” Bailey corrected. I shot a glare at her. The boy laughed. “Well I’m Aidan.” 

I nodded. “Okay.” 

The personal waitresses set down plates. My eyes bulged out. Steak. Expensive ones at that. Everyone started eating. “So would you like the same rooms?” Arlen asked. “Can you put Bails and Ben together and me right next to them please?” I politely asked. “Sure.” Arlen chuckled. 

After dinner, we went to bed. All bedrooms had a bathroom so we all showered and brushed our teeth. We changed into pj’s and I flopped on my bed. Then I texted Bailey.

Anna: Hey

Bailey: hi

Anna: IS Ben sleeping

Bailey: yeah

Anna: Okay then

Bailey: I miss them

Anna: who

Bailey: mom and dad

Anna: Yeah...me too…

Bailey: K well gn

Anna: Gn

I sighed and put the phone down. I closed my eyes and began to sleep.

Chapter 5

“Anna! Wake up!” I heard. I opened my eyes and saw Bailey. “Good morning.” I yawned. “HURRY! Your school uniform is in the closet.” Bailey excitedly said. “Ok.” I said, opening my closet. Bailey went back into her room. I dressed up and got ready. 

I shifted my bookbag and got in the car. Me and Bailey were 5 years apart so we have separate schools. We first dropped off Bailey then me. I bit my lips and jumped when a hand tapped my shoulder. “Sorry.” Aidan laughed. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. “Hey new kid.” I heard. I turned around to see a group of girls against the wall. “Yeah?” I asked. “‘Yeah?’.” A girl mimicked. I turned to leave but one of them grabbed my wrist. “Where do you think you’re going?” She asked. “Hey.” Aidan said. “Oh...ADIAAANN! Heyyy.” The girls flirted. I used the time to quickly run in the school. Way to start the day. On the bright side, people said hello to me a lot. At lunch, A girl named Ava walked up to me. “Uhh hey.” She said. “Hey.” I said, picking up my hamburger to eat. "Can I sit here?” Ava asked. “Um yeah.” To be honest, I was surprised that she talked to me. She was one of Amber’s friends. “I thought you would be with Amber.” I said as she slid next to me. Ava froze, shook her head and munched on a French fry. “Okayyyy.” I said, raising an eyebrow at her. ”Can I come over?” Ava suddenly asked. “Umm I’m not sure. You see, It’s not my house.” I answered. “Oh okay.” Ava said, sipping her orange juice.” But I can ask.” I blurted out. “Oh? Then okay.” She said. “If he says yes then you can come over tomorrow.” I said. Ava nodded and glared at Amber. “Sooo did something happen between you and Amber?” I asked. “Well...Amber told me that you and your siblings are living with her so I told her that you could turn out nice. So she...so she told me to ‘get out of my life’ and ‘Go hang out with your new BFF’.” Ava said. Ouch. "Oh…”

“SO she’s in my mean girls list.” Ava smirked. “That took a turn!” I laughed. “Yup!” Ava smiled. 

~After school~

“Um Arlen...Could a friend come over tomorrow?” I sheepishly asked. “Why, of course.” Arlen said. “Thank you.” I said before running off. Halfway to my room, I ran straight into Aidan. He was holding a glass of water and it spilled all over him. “GAH! Oops! I am so sorry.” I frantically said. I grabbed my mother’s handkerchief, paused, then began dabbing at the spills. "No, no! That looks special. Stop it. Anna!” Aidan said. I looked at him. “It’s alright.” He said. He called for a maid and ordered to wash the handkerchief. The maid went to wash it. “Hey Aidan? Do you know where my water bottle-OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!” Amber screeched. “It’s nothing Amber-”

“It’s you  isn’t it?” Amber walked up to me. “It-it was an accident!” I said. “She’s right Amber. And besides, I wasn’t supposed to bring a drink here in the first place.” Aidan said. Amber huffed and left. “Sorry about her.” He said, embarrassed. “Nah it’s fine.” I said. “Hey, we have a secret movie theater. Wanna come?” He asked. “Yes!” I answered. Maybe this year might not be so bad.

A FEW YEARS LATER…

“Hey Ava!” I shouted at the front of the mansion. “What’s up?” Ava grinned, running over. "ready?” I asked. She nodded. We grabbed glue, slime, and a bag of marshmallows and mixed it all in a bucket. They smiled and waited until Amber was alone in the hallway. She was applying lip-gloss when I cut the string. The bucket that was on the ceiling flipped and  the Glue-Slime-Marshmallow mix dumped on her. Me and Ava laughed. “HEY! Very funny.” Amber snapped. “Why? It fits your lip-gloss.” Ava snickered. “UGH!” Amber stormed away. 

“Ahem. We have a surprise for you.” Arlen said, leading me to the living room. Aidan had brought Ben and Bailey too. “SURPRISE!” They yelled, revealing...our parents. We screamed and hugged them. “We missed you too.” Mom whispered. “I missed you more.” I bawled. “I love you.”

March 01, 2021 21:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Shirley Hope
13:58 Mar 14, 2021

Interesting that this story was written in chapters, The story was interesting and different but I liked it.

Reply

18:26 Mar 14, 2021

thank you so much! 😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Jay DMer
12:37 Mar 11, 2021

I like how it's in a book form; chapters.

Reply

18:26 Mar 14, 2021

thank you~!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.