Sleeping mind with a wonderful soul

Submitted into Contest #83 in response to: Write a fantasy story about water gods or spirits.... view prompt

6 comments

Fantasy Happy Sad

Emily puts her hand on Nebula's head and tells her to go to sleep on the bank of a river. The nebula felt a gentle cold air, a smile appeared on his face, and he fell asleep.


Nebula is not a famous woman but she is a woman of great thinking power. She writes wonderfully and also draws pictures. She is the most peace-loving person in her family and is very self-centered. She has built a world around himself where her thoughts work like a ring. When she closes her eyes she feels an invisible galaxy around her and her family being a part of that solar system. Another of her identities is that she is a feminist. Nebula is also a student but she doesn't feel very good about giving her identity.Writing is in Nebula's blood, so she likes to think deeply about different things all the time and the funny thing is she has a weird fantasy world. Where there is a small river, there is a house a little away from the river, there is a deep forest. And there is a roundabout right in the middle of that forest. And Nebula spends most of the day in that round square with her friend.


Emily has been calling Nebula for a long time. Yes, Emily is her best friend. As I said a while ago, she spends most of her time with a friend in the jungle. Hmmm, no one else! She's Emily. Emily is a friend of the Nebula's fantasy world. They are the same age. The funny thing is that Emily looks like Nebula! She speaks like her. More interesting is that Emily is the Nebula's own hidden soul. Which no one can see, not even the Nebula itself. But she can hear her.


"Then what do you think, Nabula?" Emily asked. After the bleeding condition, there is Nabula in the round square. Emily asked again "Have you forgiven them?" Nebula did not answer again. After a while she said to Emily "I want to forget everything. Help me a little."

"I'm having a hard time getting up." The only difference between Emily and Nebula is that Emily never wants to forgive the people who hurts Nebula. But Nebula forgives. Nebula looks so bad today so she wants to sit next to the river of her imagination with Emily.


When Nebula hurts from someone close to her, she feels her body turn bloody. She felt like she had gone down a lot and had no strength to get up from there.


The water of the river is moving slowly and a sweet breeze. Nebula is now sitting in her room with her eyes closed, feeling she sits by the river with Emily. Emily tells her to "get up and take a deep breath." Nebula said to her, "I have no shore in this small river, no one is boating here." 

Look at Emily, "That distant garden, the long way to that garden, I can do it alone with you, yes, with my hidden soul." 

Emily laughed and said, "Sometimes you go a long way, but you didn't say a word." When Nebula is upset, she spends a lot of time sitting by the river with her hidden soul.


What a sound "Jhup jhup jhup"!  Nebula opened her eyes and saw that it was raining heavily and there were black clouds all around. Nothing to see. She suddenly saw a human body as clear as rain water in front of her. It looks like Nebula! Nebula became a little surprised . "Who are you?" The water body replied. "I'm Emily." Nebula couldn't believe her eyes! Her own soul is now before her eyes! But Nebula saw the crown of dried flowers on the head of her soul. Another flower is fresh, but it is bleeding. Frightened, Nebula asked, "Why is that one flower bleeding and how did the rest of it dry up, Emily?" Emily said "Don't you know the human soul is like a flower?" "When a person is in pain, her soul is hurt, she starts bleeding and gradually those flowers dry up." Nebula asked again, "Will this flower, which is bleeding dry out and why didn't it dry out like the rest?" Then the body of water said, "this is your newly afflicted flower. The more you suffer, the more blood will flow from it. At some point, it will also dry up." "And one day your soul will die." Hearing this, Nebula panicked. And she said, "The death of my soul means the death of Emily!" Nebula's eyes are watering, she said, "but how can I stop those who hurt me?" "And if I can't stop them, I'll be in trouble and then all the flowers will dry up." Nebula doesn't understand what she should do. She is sobbing and crying. Then Emily said, "there's a way to save the rest of the flowers." Nebula wiped away the tears with her two hands and looked at the body of water with big eyes. Emily said

 "there is a well in the round square in the forest of your imagination it is very deep."

 "If you throw all your troubles into that well."

 "Then it will be lost in the deep darkness and it will die."

 "You will be refreshed and then your soul will be refreshed slowly."


Nebula's eyes are full of laughter and the sun of laughter is playing on his cheeks. She does not want her soul to die in the suffering of anyone. So she decided would throw all the trouble into that deep black well. She will throw all that trouble into that well because she doesn't want to lose a friend like Emily.


 Nebula sat down with the notebook and pen. She will write down this beautiful moment spent with her soul. No no no! She will write a wonderful story. The name of the story will be "FRAGRANT HEART". The human soul is a flower garden and there is a well in that garden. Yes, everyone has it! But not everyone finds it, so their souls suffer and die. It should be known to everyone. The dance of "Kos Kos Kos" pen has started on a white notebook. That means Nebula has started writing stories.


She starts her story with a poem.


Jhup! Jhup! Jhup! It’s raining with a fragrance.


I saw a beautiful woman with flowers crown on her head.


Jhup! Jhup! Jhup!


It’s raining

I find my soul's peace with the rain drops.


The rain drops told me miracle miracle there is a hidden well in your soul garden.



Jhup! Jhup! Jhup

rain drops told me the secret of happiness.




March 04, 2021 20:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

17:51 Mar 10, 2021

Great story!!! Do you think you can read mine? If you don't mind, could you please like my story and follow me? (You don't have to, but it would make my day!).

Reply

18:44 Mar 10, 2021

Thank you so much! 😊 I would definitely love to read your story and follow you! :)

Reply

18:50 Mar 10, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

19:00 Mar 10, 2021

Most welcome! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angelina Jeong
03:53 Apr 11, 2021

This is just so amazing! Thank you for writing such a beautiful story!

Reply

04:19 Apr 11, 2021

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.