The Window To Three World

Submitted into Contest #97 in response to: Write a story that involves a magic window — or a window like no other.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Horror Teens & Young Adult

As she was approaching nearer to escape the dark world outside, her father closed the window. Now she is locked in an inevitable world of  fear and painful death.   Never ever anyone thought of how a fairy tale could become a dreaded nightmare.


It all started from a little curiosity to explore the unseen world. The family had bought a new mansion near to a beach. Sweety was now ready to see what was there for her.


It was a sunny day. Her parents were busy packing their goods for the new house. So she got some time to spend a little more time with her friends. As they left the house, she looked back with her eyes full of water.


Along the journey she looked outside dreaming up how her new house would look like. As they approached her eyebrows squeezed with nervousness.

"How will my new school be?"


It was a two storey mansion. The garden was covered with fallen dry leaves. An old tree near the main door. The wall was decorated with wooden planks.


"Dad, is this A Haunted House?"


"No, my child. The last owner had left the house 10 years before. Don't worry we will make this place as you like."


Stepping inside the house was not less like any Royal Palace. The lights were designed from Italy and Windows sculptures were made in London. She started moving upstairs. The staircase was thin. The sound made while moving up could be heard throughout the house.


"Mom-dad I am taking the bedroom up-stare", shouted in a high voice with joy while trying to open the lock. It was a big room full of Windows.

"That's what I call a home"


During daytime she would go to school and at dusk would sit near the window to hear the birds on that old tree. The reddish color of the Sun made her room look like it was painted with roses.


-------------------------------------


Vacation started. School closed. She had invited her friends to her house. 


"This is our Garden."


"Yours having such a beautiful one!"

"My father is my inspiration. He did this."


"Look at so many types of plants over there."


" Yeah I had told him to plant."


They went to her room.


"And this is my world."


"Who did those paintings?", pointing toward the few paintings on the wall, "maybe your dad."


"No", her eyes closed and lips smiling, "all those have been made by me."


"Seriously!"


"Yeah, I painted over the weekend."

"Looking like some castle over here", looking closely, "are all those paintings inspired from any show?"


"Those are my dream land from Fairy tales."


"Cool."


The next moment they went near one of the windows.


"Those scenery," while eyes closed and inhaling deeply, "really looks awesome when viewed from here."


While they both were standing near the window and enjoying the gentle breeze touching their body, her mother brought some hot and crispy snacks for them. 


"Wash your hands before eating."


"Ok mom."


"Tell me one thing", while holding a bite and chewing another, "why is the window at the corner closed?"


"I don't know. The previous owner had locked it this way. My dad said "let it be closed". May it be broken."


"Haven't you ever tried to open it?"


"Kind of."


-------------------------------------


There were no kids to play with her in the neighbourhood. So she used to play alone in the garden. Sometimes she would throw a ball toward the wall in order for it to return back toward her. One day while playing she saw her room from outside had five windows instead of six. She became curious to know what was inside that window. A secret locker? She would get lots of treasury. Equipped with a hammer she went to her room, and banged towards that window. After a few unsuccessful trials she finally opened that window. But what she saw made her eyes and mouth wide open.


A new world of its own. As if it is a portal to any parallel world. Trees and bushes covered with green leaves, hundreds of birds, a fountain and colorful rare flowers wherever you could see. Fragrance from the flowers covered her entire room as if somebody had placed many bucquet of fresh flowers on her bed. And the melodious voices of birds made the environment rhythmic. She became totally mesmerised at what she saw. Her eyes wide open.


“Unbelievable. Is this a dream? Wonderland?”


“Sweety its launch time.”


She immediately closed the window.

The next morning after taking her breakfast, she ran to her room horribly and locked the door from inside. She wondered, “Will the same place be opened today?” She again opened the window to find that exact same wonderland, full of trees, bushes, fountains, birds. After looking around a while she became astonished at what she saw. Her room is on the ground floor only from that window! A mysterious and magical place. She took a chair and sat near that window reading a new fairy-tale book.


Everyday she would wake-up, take her breakfast, run back to her room, lock the door and sit quietly to read a book near that magical window. After a few days she wondered, “What if I stepped into that world? With a little bit of nervousness she made-up her mind. She first stood on that window and with little care, made her first step into that world. The grass felt so soft as if someone had placed cotton balls. As she went a little farther, colorful butterflies came and kissed all over her tender body. The fresh gentle breeze touched her and made her feel afresh. But soon she ran towards the window, afraid that she couldn’t come back. From the next day onward she used to spend more and more time there, going farther and farther away, exploring more scenic beauty. But she would come back as soon as the sun came over her head.


One day while taking a nap over there, she heard some weird noise behind the bushes. Horridly, she stood up and ran back towards the window. While near the window, her leg got stuck onto a creeper and she fell down. Her eyes were full of water, stood up, and ran again. As she was approaching the window, she felt a little bit curious.


“What can that be?”


With little steps she went back to that place. Near the bushes, she stood silently while looking what’s inside. “Who is there?”, with a slow voice, “Hello.”


She would hear that same voice again. She bent a little to check while her left hand held the leaves of the bushes. Suddenly something jumped on her face. “Mom, Dad help.” She cried aloud while still lying on the ground with eyes closed. Then she felt as if something was licking her. A puppy! As soon as she opened her eyes she was surprised to see a milky white puppy above her. She sat while holding that puppy. 


The puppy had wide eyes and long ears stretching up to the ground. It had pink lips and short tails. As magical as the world. Black dotted spot could be seen in its entire body. 


"Cool!", while hugging, "so finally I got a new friend."


She came back house without making any noise. Went downstairs trying not to make any noise. 


"What are you holding?"


"Nothing Dad"


"Where did you got that puppy?"


"Dad from outside."


"Are you planning to keep it?"


"Please Dad"


"Well ask your mother"


She immediately ran toward the kitchen.

"Mom can I keep it?"


"Where did you got it?"


"Mom it wqs roaming alone like me. Look how cute it is. I felt generous toward it. Don't you feel it needs care too? Can I keep it?"


"Only if you promise to drink your milk."


"I promise my sweet mom."


"Okay keep it in the garden. But remember never bring it inside the house. I dont want any dirt here."


"Sure my mom."


-------------------------------------


The end of the vacation was approaching. After taking her dinner she was painting the world that she use to see outside the window. A bizarre though stroke her mind. 


"After vacation I can't go there in morning. In the evening will play with Kim. What if I go there at night?"


With that in mind she opened the window. She became speechless. Her body quivered. The world had changed with dark night. The loud sound of the thunder echoed in her room. The lighting made her eyes to close itself. Turbulent wind. While she tried to look down by the light of the lightning she became astonished at what she saw. The window from which her room opened at the ground floor from that window, now opened at second floor. Climbers were hanging from her room till the ground. Her eyes wide open with mouth closed and eyebrows straight. She was breathing at a very fast rate. She stepped back but fell inside the room. Unable to comprehend what had happened, she closed that window while sitting on the ground in order not to see that place again. She put some toys against that window. For the next one week she never opened the window. 


A week later she thought a while and again wanted to see that world. So in early morning hours she opened it to find butterflies with a sunny day and greenery everywhere. The same wonderland had came back.


That day in the evening, with a little curiosity, she opened that window. A loud thunder made her to close her ears with both her hands. Now she knew day and night changes the view from her window. With a little courage she started to go down. As she hold that climbers, the spike on ut hurt her palm.bso she returned inside and didn't tried again. She heard someone singing a song down.


"Who is that?", her hands quivering, "who is down there?"


She closed the window and took a vow never to open after dusk. 


One day, while coming back for lunch, she forgot to lock that window. The next morning after she wake up, she heard that same voice, someone singing a song. But this time coming from downstairs. 


The sound of the stairs could now be heard. As if someone was coming. She ran toward the study table and hid. 


"Hello", a face appeared in front of her, "my dear child." The woman was smiling in a very weird manner.


"Help", started yelling, "Mom Dad. Who are you?"


"Am your aunt. Did you forget?"


"Aunt?"


"Yes, your aunt."


She slowly came out of the table and hugged tightly, "I became scared."


"Your parents have gone to a party. Will return tonight. It's just you and me."


She then came downstairs while tightly holding her aunt's hand. "Kim, no '', the dog came inside running towards her aunt, "she is our guest. Mom will be angry if you come inside." She took Kim and went outside. After returning she noticed her aunt was hiding behind the dining table.


"Aunt", while laughing aloud, " it's gone. You can come out." 


"Don't bring it again."


"Don't worry I'd locked the door. But Kim never barked upon someone."


Her aunt took a seat on the dining chair and drank water directly from the jar.


"Maybe because I'm new here."


Throughout the day both played various games and watched TV. "Sweety it's now evening. Your parents will be coming. Let's go to your room."


Both went to her room. While her aunt was sitting on the bed and holding a pillow on her lap, she was showing her drawing book page by page. 


"Why is that window closed?"


"Already five Windows are open and …."


She started walking toward the window. 


"Aunt No", Sweety ran towards her, "please don't open it."


With one hand holding Sweety, she opened that window with the other, "How beautiful the view is."


"Aren't you afraid?"


"No", smiling in a very weird manner, "I think we should go down there."


"No aunt we shouldn't."


She put her forcefully on her back and started going down with the help of those climbers. Sweety had closed her eyes and held her aunt's neck tightly. After reaching down she insisted to jump from her back.


"Open your eyes."


Sweety started screaming. Her scream mixed with the loud thunderstorms. She'd never saw, what she saw in her entire life. A woman with white hair and white eyes. Wearing a half torn dress. Her nails as long as her palm. Sweety's body was quivering with fear. Her aunt had changed into a witch. Her wild sharp teeth could be seen coming out from mouth like any wild animal in any dense forest.


"Oh my child. I want a girl."


"No. Dad, please help."


"No one can listen to your voice", laughing aloud, " only you and me."


"Why", with water in her eyes, "why did you bring me here?"


"I want a girl. When you will be young I will eat her and live for another five hundred years. " 


Sweety started screaming and ran toward the window. While she started climbing, she got hurt by the sharp spikes on the climbers and fell down. But again started climbing while her hands were getting continuously hurted. As she was climbing nearer to that window, bats came and made her fall again. With a heavy thrust on the rigid ground she became senseless. 


When she opened her eyes, her hands were tied with rope. The witch was doing some magic spell with eyes closed near fire. With her smartness, Sweety went there silently and started burning the rope. It melted but her hand got a little burned. While stopping her emotions, she again started running towards the window. She climbed while her soft palms were getting hurt. As she was approaching the window, a little smile came on her face. Finally she could escape the dark world. But while she was approaching, somebody started closing it. 


"Dad No!"


She never ever thought this would happen. Her own father closed her way back. She again fell down. This time broke her left leg. All hopes of going back were lost forever. Never ever anyone thought of how a wonder world from a fairy tale could become a dark world of inevitable death. The witch came and grabbed her hair. She dragged her to the fire spot. Now what Sweety had left was to shed water from her eyes.


"Once the dawn happens, you'll get trapped forever", while laughing in a very weird manner, " and no one will come for your rescue. "


The witch started doing her magic spells. Having lost, Sweety was lying with her palm and leg swelling. Her dress became wet with the flowing blood.


Suddenly something mysterious happened. Something jumped upon the face of the witch. 


"Kim!" 


A little smile came on her face. By crawling and crawling she went near the climbers. As she looked above, the window was half opened. She looked back. The witch was screaming with pain as Kim was biting her nose. With no more time, she again started climbing. This time she never felt the spikes. While reaching into her room, she started crying. Her parents came running. 


"Did you fall down?"


Her mother closed the window. The next day at the hospital she told her entire story and showed her drawing book of that place. Her parents decided to lock that window with concrete. Now both worlds have gone forever. With Kim being locked inside the dark world. 


-------------------------------------


After returning home, Sweety started gardening in hope to one day create the same wonder world from that mysterious window.



June 11, 2021 19:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.