0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Happy

I am a Twenty-year-old boy with a strong sense of justice.

I live in a hostel and spend my time learning about new things, my mornings start at 5'o clock, I don't know why but I have a habit of waking up early.

The College in which I am studying right now is a great one but I am more interested in the Martial Arts Academy, which is not too far from my hostel.

This martial arts academy is one of the reasons I chose this college.

But at the time of choosing this college, I didn't know that I would see them practicing every morning.

One of the reasons for waking up at 5'o clock is, of course, the martial arts academy.

Every morning, I see those guys practicing outside, there are some wooden things that are placed in the ground.

But I have been seeing them practice and wonder sometimes, "Does doing this really make them powerful?"

There are times when they do what we would call a punishment back in school when teachers just made us do squats with our hands crossed and holding our ears if we didn't do our homework correctly or made any mistakes.

But, there is an addition to that punishment, these martial artists do squats and kick forward in the air and they perform this exercise daily. Sometimes, they do squats and turn around to kick in the position they are in. There was also this one time when they were breaking bricks with their hands. I just love the exercises that they do.

Weeks have passed and the only exercise that I managed to do was the Rope Jump or skipping.

I decided to go to the Martial Arts Academy so that I could also learn these techniques.

The one who taught there asked me, "Why do you want to learn Martial Arts?"

I replied, "I don't the answer to this but I have a really strong sense of justice so I will use the Martial Art techniques just in case I see someone misbehaving or oppressing someone."

I guess he was happy with my answer and told me to come to practice daily at 5 A.M.

It was a perfect time as I was waking up early to see the martial artist perform daily but performing with them and practicing daily made me happy.

The first two weeks were hectic as the only two things that I did were transferring water from one bucket to the other twelve buckets that were placed in different areas.

This was the hardest thing that I had done since I was born.

Two weeks passed and the owner of the Academy demonstrated a new exercise and told me to do that exercise.

I said, "I don't know if I can but I will try to do my best."

The Results of the Past two weeks were incredible as I managed to perform the exercise without any discomfort, I could feel the power in my arms.

I asked the owner what this exercise was called and he replied, "Wheel Roll-outs- This will strengthen your core and also improve your balance and physique."

I said to the owner of the Academy, "My papers are starting from the next week, so it will be difficult for me to come here for the next two weeks."

The Owner said, " No problem." and gave me a list of exercises that I should do whenever I get time.

The Exercises included;

20 Double Kicks and 40 Alternate Punches for the next two weeks.

I replied, "Ok, Master."

I did my best in the papers and in the last two weeks, I also got time to perform those two exercises that the master had suggested.

But when I returned to the Martial Arts Academy, The Master said, "Let's Fight."

I said, "Huh, I don't know how to fight."

The Master replied, "It's just training, just apply what you have learned in the past month."

We were now in a circle, the one to fall first will be declared the loser.

An iconic pose- Punching on the other hand and then gripping the fist. The training or the fight started;

Master was using only one hand, blocking my every attack, I tried punching him in the face from the side but he would just protect himself either by sitting or moving. There was this one time when I thought I will manage to hit him but he protected himself with his leg.

I guess it was his time to counter-attack and in a blink of an eye, he managed to hit me in the back and then on the ankle, and I fell down. The match ended.

I asked the master, "What was this for?"

The Master replied, "Considering the fact that you were close to hitting me twice, your new training program will start now."

I was so happy that I couldn't sleep that night.

It was a bow and a staff practice, with a bit of running and it also included the filling of buckets which were placed in different areas.

Two months have passed, and I have not completed this training program in the time limit that the Master had suggested. I want to improve my timing but running takes too much time and I don't know how I will be able to complete this training program within the specified time limit.

The other students who have done this training program are telling me that they couldn't do it either, and also that only the master and his first disciple have managed to do this training program within the specified time limit.

"The First Disciple, where is he?"

He left the Academy a long time ago and since then he has not come back, we see him on the news, he is now a sports coach and helps young children to learn the techniques.

Only the First disciple and the Master, I know the training is hard but I want to complete it no matter what.

The next day, I asked the master, "Is there something different that I can do?"

The Master replied, "You are doing pretty good, you are the third fastest in the whole academy, now you just have to finish the program within the specified time limit."

I replied, "I am giving my best but still fall short of time, I asked the others too and they said that only you and your first disciple have managed to do this training program within the specified time limit."

The master said, "Instead of focusing on me and my disciple, focus on yourself and focus on how you can finish the program within the specified time limit, and if you are thinking about the time limit, I will tell you one thing and it is that from the academy where I learned all of this, they perform these training programs in less than the time limit I have given to you and If you can't finish the program in the next two days, then we will start a new training program."

I replied, "I will give it my all in the next two days, Master."

It will also be four months in the next two days, I joined this Martial Arts Academy.

I was not able to sleep the previous night as I was in my thoughts, how can I finish the training program, and also the academy where Master learned all of this, and also that there are individuals who are faster than the master but I will focus on myself today and tomorrow.

Today, I managed to get close to the specified time limit but tomorrow I will surely manage to finish the course within the specified time limit.

On the last day of completing the training program, I closed my eyes and told myself that today will be the day when I will complete this training program within the specified time limit.

I started off pretty well and this time I was not feeling anything, I guess this was the result of the two-month training that I did, and I was finally able to complete the program within the specified time limit.

The Master told me that this is now the fastest time in the academy for completing this program.

I was very happy, This day,

...My training... it had a new meaning, I never thought that it will be like this but here it is, I was finally able to complete the training within the specified time limit. I was really looking forward to completing this training program as it took me about one and half months.

I don't know how I will have felt if...

Let's leave the if;

I am happy that the four-month continuous practice has finally paid off and my new training program will begin now.

I don't know why but I feel like my punches have become stronger, I could lift heavy weights easily, I can run without any breathing problems, The last four months have completely changed me. I completely believe in those two sayings now;

Hard Work always pays off.

Practice makes Man perfect.

July 08, 2021 14:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.