Lycaon and Medusa

Submitted into Contest #76 in response to: Write a story told exclusively through dialogue.... view prompt

0 comments

Horror Historical Fiction Fantasy

LYCAON AMD MEDUSA

Scene 1: Transformation of Lycaon at the palace of the Arcadian kingdom.

Lycaon:              (with a devilish smile)oh! King of all gods! It is truly an honour for me to prepare a feast for you. (Zeus sits at the Royal Table) Please, enjoy your meal.

(Looking at the food and knowing the evil plan of the King, Zeus becomes furious).

Zeus:                   (Throwing the food) You filthy human! How dare you try to test the king of all gods! You have humiliated me by giving a human flesh as a meal! You and your Kingdom shall be punished for this.

(Thunderbolts ran across the sky and fell directly upon the king's palace and destroyed the whole kingdom. Looking at the frightened king).

For this act, you shall be cursed to remain as a wolf and hunt for blood, for the rest of your life.

Lycaon:              (Fell on his feet and looked into the eyes of Zeus and mourned for his mistake) No don't do this to me...

(Lycaon's voice broke into an echoing howl, he is slowly transforming into a bloodthirsty monster. His hunger for blood makes him run into the forest and kills every living creature on his way)

Scene 2: Foretelling of Lycaon's death

At the forest, a few weeks later.

(Erza, daughter of the moon goddess Selene, is on her way back carrying water from the river)

Lycaon:              (watching Erza from the bushes) Hmm...She looks delicious! My mouth is watering for her flesh.

(Makes predatory step towards her)

Erza:                   (knowing something coming up her behind, she looks back and was shocked to see a wolf-like man circling her. She tries to run, but falls on her back) Please, let me go! My mother is a goddess. She will grant you anything you want. Please, just let me go.

Lycaon:              Oh! I see,(thinking, and laughing evilly) How delicious will it be to taste the flesh of a goddess?! Ask your mother to come! Let me ravage her into nothing.

(Lycaon jumps on Erza and bites her neck. Erza dies painfully. Moon goddess Selene felt a piercing

pain in her heart and she immediately appears before the lifeless body of her child Erza.)

Selene:               (cries loudly) Erza! Oh, my child Erza! (Looking at Lycaon). What have you done? Why did you do this? What wrong did my child do to you? OH! My child Erza! (With a heavy heart)

Listen you filthy animal! You shall be driven to hell anytime from now. And the cause shall be a woman. A woman who was once pretty and turned to a monster just like you. Remember! You shall die in the hands of your mate, the perfect other half of you.

(Lycaon becomes enraged and jumps on her, but the moon goddess disappears taking the lifeless body of Erza with her.)

Lycaon:              I shall not die in the hands of my mate! Never! (screams). I will kill her even before her sight falls on me.

(Lycaon is filled with anger and revenge. His eyes are clouded with blood dust. To quench his thirst he goes to the mountains were deadly creatures live.

Scene 3 Lycaon’s death.

At a cave in the mountains.

(Deep in the mountains, lives medusa one of the deadliest creatures, weeping in her loneliness and misery. One look and everything turns to stone-a brutal curse, which demolished her life. On the other and, Lycaon follows an intoxicating smell and reaches the mouth of the cave where medusa lives.)

Lycaon :             (Enters the cave and takes a deep breath ) Ahh! What a sweet intoxicating smell! (Laughs wickedly) Oh! Does that mean that I have found my mate? (Looking at the stoned statue) She definitely is a terrifying creature. No matter what she is! I will destroy her into nothing.

(While medusa was drowning in her loneliness, she felt a twink of happiness in her, she wanted to feel the fresh air in her face, she wanted to be free. She feels passionate to everything that she sees. She can't recognize what she has become )

Medusa :           (feeling a presence behind her, she turns, but makes sure that she doesn't look at the person's eyes )  Who are you? What have you done to me? Why do I feel much more alive

Lycaon:               Oh, I did nothing. It is the work of the moon Goddess. (Screams) She cursed me by making you an ugly creature my MATE!

Medusa :           (Tears filled her eyes ) I am not an ugly creature, I used to be the most beautiful being ever to be born on this planet. (Cries) Why did moon Goddess make me your mate?

Lycaon             (Shouts ) You are no were near to question me, You snake-headed women! (Gets angrier) She said that you would make me go to hell, You would be my downfall!

Medusa:           No, Never, Never will I be your downfall. We can make the earth bow to us. If I am to be yours, please make me yours. I shall never make you fall.

Lycaon:             Oh! Look at what the mate's pull has done to you. A terrifying monster turned into a wagging- tail puppy (Laughs devilishly) You think that I will make you my mate Never in my life will I be a mate with you. You arrogant creature, you greedy and covetous monster. Have you ever seen your reflection! You have neither the heart nor the beauty. Do you think that you are a stunning woman that everyone stares at you? Not at all, You disgusting gorgon...

Medusa:           ENOUGH!!! (Cries and screams along)  As you can see, I am a gorgon, Do you see these snakes on my hair? Well, they replaced a scalp full of lustrous hair, You see this horrible claws? They replaced elegant hands. And you see these fangs? They replaced a perfect set of teeth. (pause thinks of her past, nostalgic feeling arises )

I once was a beautiful young damsel envied by all goddess and desired by all gods. But once came a disastrous day when Poseidon raped me in the temple of Athena, Athena got so jealous that she bestowed upon me this horrid curse, Athena's curse. (Weeps bitterly) Why did she curse me when Poseidon was the one who raped me. I did no wrong to anyone still I am the victim. ( clears her throat ) It's alright...

Now, I will do anything for you, please just accept me ( falls on her knees )

Lycaon:             Then DIE FOR ME ! (Medusa is shocked and cries loudly)I have come to kill you, I have waited long for this opportunity. I never imagined that it would be easy. (Jumps and attacks her )

( Out of reflex action, Medusa looks directly at the eyes of Lycaon. Lycaon falls on the laps of medusa, slowly turning into stone. Medusa weeps bitterly)

Medusa:          No, No, I am sorry. Why is it always me, Why Athena, Why Lycaon, Why me? What wrong did I do to you? ( makes a decision) I no longer want to live in this injustice land. ( takes a knife and cuts her throat) I-I-m Co-mm-ing wit-h y-o-u Lyc-caann...

(Medusa and Lycaon dies upon each other).

January 15, 2021 11:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.