LET’S BEAT THE DOWNVOTERS!

Submitted into Contest #86 in response to: Set your story at a park during a spring festival.... view prompt

147 comments

Friendship

*not related to prompt, just a ‘story’/message to go along with my biooo!*


Dear downvoter,

I’d like to say that more smacks than I have left to give, I hate you.

But I’m not.

Cuz I’m a decent person.

And I’m sure if you met me in real life, you’d be like “Aw, what a cute little girl” (not that I’m little, just younger than half of you) and stop downvoting me.

And I’d be like, “Aw, thank you!”

Then I’d smack you.

Because you’re whatever you get when you cross a jerk and a butt and you’ve better stop downvoting me and my friends.

This account is an extra aid to upvote. With this fresh account, I have a fresh start, a fresh canvas of stories to like, people to follow, upvotes to give. As an alter account of someone on here (I bet you guys know who I am based on my pfp, way I talk, and other clues, but whatever lol, let’s *pretend* I’m anonymous), half of your guys know me and I’ve probably upvoted at least half of you too. But at some point, you run out of material to upvote. So here’s an alter account, whoop!

I know it’s not great to upvote. I know other accounts are annoying.

Well, it’s even worse to downvote, and the sheer amounts of alter accounts created only for that purpose have officially regrouped the Marshmellows—not the original ones, not even people under the same name, but I know there are dozens of us who have been upvoting like crazy recently.

Hence, we’re basically minimarshmellows.

So hello! Here I am! Tell me in the comments if you’ve/a friend has been downvoted and I’m on it. Of course, I’m human, and in school, so I don’t have endless time, but if you spam replies to MY reply asking you to (like, don’t spam comments, just replies), that would make my life easier, lol.


But also, it would be great if YOU upvoted, too. People have been downvoted like crazy lately--I’ve mentioned just a few of them in my bio—and if you can dedicate just 10 minutes of upvoting their replies on their stories, it could make all the difference.


Thanks for reading! Love you guys <3

March 24, 2021 22:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

147 comments

. .
23:44 Apr 04, 2021

Aer– oop... I was wondering. I'm thinking of coming back soon, because the downvoting has kind of settled down even though peeps be devastated... could I have some points help??

Reply

Radhika Diksha
17:07 Apr 05, 2021

I am sorry to barge in, but Luke you don't need to get obsessed over points. Your writing tells us all. Don't give importance to points, use them where your points are earned by hard work. But they stand nothing in life nor does it shows your skills. Leaving reedsy over points sounds so immature.

Reply

. .
02:01 Apr 06, 2021

I know peeps be talking about DON'T WORRY ABOUT POINTS and I'm only worried that my lower points will make it harder for my stories to be noticed... which I care about :(

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
01:18 Apr 26, 2021

Eep I know I’m late but exactly! Top ten on the leaderboard means two things: a), You get a bunch of followers because new people often follow the first ten people they see, and b) With the link to your page easily accessible, people check in a ton. I (Aerin) just posted my first story while being completely off the leaderboard for the first time in half a year, so we’ll see how far it fares...

Reply

. .
10:32 Apr 26, 2021

That’s great!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:07 Apr 05, 2021

I will upvote your points. hope you do the same.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Upvotey Girl ✨
17:24 Apr 05, 2021

Heyyy Luke! (Sorry I didn’t respond until now, I’m not logging into this account much and only found that comment by seeing it on your page :)) aw, of course!! So happy you might-maybe-sorta-kinda be coming back at some point. Although, just so you know, while the massive downvoting has gone down, like a gazillion people keep being downvoted to 666 because it’s the devil’s number or something. Idk. So yea, just keep an eye out for that because it’s seriously getting old 😒 But yea, of course I’ll upvote you!!!

Reply

. .
02:01 Apr 06, 2021

Thanks!! I know peeps be talking about DON'T WORRY ABOUT POINTS and I'm only worried that my lower points will make it harder for my stories to be noticed... which I care about :(

Reply

Radhika Diksha
04:16 Apr 06, 2021

No, you are very famous here. Even if you are not on the leaderboard, the tremendous amount of likes and comments you get is appeciatable. Your stories will get the exposure you deserve. I will help you if you want, don't worry.

Reply

. .
11:29 Apr 06, 2021

Aw thanks Dhika.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:07 Apr 06, 2021

Awwww are you giving me nicknames?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Radhika Diksha
14:07 Apr 06, 2021

Awwww are you giving me nicknames?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 4 replies
. .
23:24 Mar 24, 2021

BLXII

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
00:15 Mar 25, 2021

Kk, anyone else downvoted a bunch?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
14:39 Mar 26, 2021

Hey, Up! (Can I call you that lol) I know you said "no confirmations" but I just want to ask you something: Are we friends? Or at least have talked before?

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
18:04 Mar 26, 2021

Ha, of course! Yes, we are! On some level. We’ve definitely talked before but not very frequently.

Reply

18:37 Mar 26, 2021

Ok, got it :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sia S
08:53 Mar 26, 2021

Is your pfp u in real lifeeeeee?

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
18:04 Mar 26, 2021

Yes!

Reply

Sia S
19:39 Mar 26, 2021

Wow. You're beautiful! I wish I looked like that lol

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
22:11 Mar 26, 2021

Aww thank you!!!!

Reply

Sia S
07:49 Mar 27, 2021

:))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Writer Maniac
02:57 Mar 25, 2021

It's wonderful that you're doing this. I would appreciate it if you upvoted me to my original number of 5550 points. I lost about a thousand points a few days back and got about half of it back.

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
16:27 Mar 25, 2021

My pleasure! Of course, will do later!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
11:35 Mar 30, 2021

oml WaIt- AERIN THIS WAS YOU? Which means that profile pic was you?! Oh my god you look so nice!

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
17:02 Mar 31, 2021

YUP LOL! Aww thank you!! 😂💛😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cookie Carla🍪
13:16 Mar 29, 2021

Wanna upvote meee??

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
14:03 Mar 29, 2021

Of courseeeee!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
01:29 Mar 29, 2021

heyyy...I have some guesses, just like everyone else, but I just wanted to say something... This line: "Because you’re whatever you get when you cross a jerk and a butt and you’ve better stop down-voting me and my friends." it kinda might hurt. You have to remember that who ever is down-voting is human too. We all make mistakes, and sometimes, others take their anger out on innocent people. I feel like all this down-voting is kinda like a test, I mean, it just tests your real motive. Like, are you writing to write and get feedback, or are...

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
14:03 Mar 29, 2021

I meaaaaaan....I’m sorry, but I don’t feel like I should be very nice to a group of people who’s dedicated hundreds of hours spreading negativity across half of Reedsy. They ARE whatever you get when you cross a jerk and a butt (in my opinion), and also they should be glad I don’t curse. Lol. Yea, maybe they have other things going on in their life, but that doesn’t give them any right to wreck havoc on an enthusiastic writing community. And yes, it does, but the problem with Reedsy is that the way the leaderboard is formed, the more points...

Reply

TJ Squared
14:41 Mar 29, 2021

noice. yeah, I completely understand that everyone has their own opinions and ideas, and you have the right to that. I'm trying to not get so involved in this, I just wanted to speak my mind occasionally. How have you been?

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
22:45 Mar 29, 2021

Aw thanks <3 Good! Survived a 12-hour car trip with my whole family, so still being alive is a positive. Now I’m at da beach with my grandparents! Wbu?

Reply

TJ Squared
23:27 Mar 29, 2021

ooh cool. I was just at the beach on Friday :))) I'm pretty excited because my tortoise woke up today so now I have a buddy :))))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:23 Mar 28, 2021

I'm trying not to care over points anymore, but I've been downvoted almost 3k points. It's ok if you can't upvote me, though. Thanks in advance :)

Reply

Upvotey Girl ✨
22:20 Mar 28, 2021

Of course I willl!

Reply

22:23 Mar 28, 2021

Ty :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshara P
18:16 Oct 12, 2021

Ah, you're so nice! 💗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Somegenius Kid
06:26 May 17, 2021

Can u upvote me? I also got downvoted like 250 points... 😥😭😭

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nora Ouardi
01:11 Apr 04, 2021

Just wrote a story about down-voting, you should check it out!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Palak Shah
19:39 Mar 31, 2021

I just watched the TikTok in your bio; my brother and I were trying to do something like that and it went terribly wrong hahahaha :)) Could you please upvote me more because someone just made me go from 1300 - 666 points

Reply

Show 0 replies
Unknown User
23:35 Mar 19, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.