My story is entitled Architectural plans for a building.

Written in response to: Write a story that involves the architectural plans for a building.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Western

My story is entitled Architectural plans for a building.

The Architectural plans are noted as comprehensive drawings of buildings that usually represent some completed projects.

These Architectural plans may also be called blue prints or floor plans.


However the Architectural plans is a structured designed plan to serve as a residence. Architectural plans may also be called home plans. Also the Architectural plans usually include any elevation changes along with some list of materials and design notes.

The Architectural plan for buildings is one of the first steps in designing a building. The site plan or Architectural plan may be done first so there is adequate knowledge obtained about the site plan before the final site plans are made.

Also once the site has been inspected the plans can be drawn based on the available space.

In addition this can radically alter the plans from the initial design but changes due to some site limitations.


Again the Architectural plan which happens to be the layout of the building in the Architectural plan is the map the contractor usually uses to construct the building.

Also the Architectural plan which happens to be the layout must note the elevation changes such as the required steps or slopes within the building and outside.

As can be noted the Architectural plan needs to be drawn to scale that is also uniform through out the entire document, unless some changes are noted .

These Architectural plans requires a strict adherence and needs to be drawn to scale. The scale may be enlarged to show more details about the building plan. The Architectural plan needs to be specific as far as materials are used.

Again the Architectural plans will be prepared by a licensed Architect and then approved by the owner of a project.

The Architectural plan gives two levels of reviews before the plans are actually used in the construction process of the building.

Again once the Architectural plan have been approved different contracts may be asked to be bid on the project.

The Architectural plans are very important for the contractor. Also the Architectural plans help in carrying out building projects as the price quoted will greatly depend on what is shown in the documents.


During Architectural plans accurate plans are made and constructed to determine the fair estimate for the work to be done.

Also Building plans are the set of drawings which consist of floor plans ,site plans , cross section , elevations plumbing, electrical and landscape drawings for the ease of a construction at site.

The Architectural drawings or plans are the medium of passing the views and other concepts of an architect or designer into reality.

The Building plan drawing consists of the detailing and complexity of a project. Also the different types of drawings are used by an Architect for the easy understanding and smooth working of the construction process.

In addition the site plan is a comprehensive detailed drawing of the building or an apartment that represents a whole plan of a building.

The Architectural plan shows property boundaries and means of access to the building site.


Also during a construction project the site plan or building plan also needs to show all the services like drainage and sewer lines, water supply, electrical and communication cables including exterior building.

The Architectural drawings should comply with the local development codes including restrictions on historical sites.

Also the site plan or Architectural plan is made by a licensed professional like the Architect , Engineer, Landscape Architect or the Land surveyor.


Again the Floor plan means top view of any building or object.

The floor plan is the most fundamental Architectural diagram.

Also the floor plan view is defined as a vertical orthographic projection of an object.

This actually shows the walls , windows , doors and other features such as stairs , fitting and furniture.

Again geometrically a cross section is a horizontal orthographic projection of a building on to a vertical plane cutting through the building.

The cross section represents the still height , lintel , floor height and other minute details of a structure.

The Architectural plan is vertically cut represented in the 2D floor plan by a bold straight line.

Also the elevation drawing is an orthographic projection that shows one side of the house.

The purpose of the elevation drawing is to show the finished appearance of a given side of the house and then furnish vertical height dimensions.

The exterior elevation is the outside representation of a building. This consists of the type of finish , floor , height and projections.

Also exterior elevations can be 2D or 3Ddrawings. The 2D drawings have measurement on them.

Again 2D drawings must have callouts to the different kinds of bricks , stones and paints.

The 3D exterior renderings are similar to 2D counterparts , and they focus on the visual.

These Architects creates a concept that gives the detailed exterior elevation they need to build a house.


In addition Architectural plans involves interior elevations in purpose. The interior elevations creates a view with just the baseboard windows and some other crown molding or a room with all the furnishings.

The elevations are very useful when also constructing a room such as kitchen or a bathroom which requires visualization.

Also some interior elevations are drawn in the 2D. The room looks like cabinetry and can then show what the fully furnished space looks like actually.

The 3D interior renderings are concept plans that designers come up with to show you what your space could actually look like entirely.

Clients often seek out interior designers that can take inspiration images and then make and turn them into a reality.

Also the Architectural drawing happens to be an incredibly detailed drawing that shows everything from the wire to the lighting and fixtures.


Finally the Architectural plan has the landscape plans.

Also the Architectural plan helps in designing the exterior and the interior of a space which is the only design that begins to create and build a home.

Also without landscaping your space becomes incomplete . A landscape designer can also help in designing a garden within your backyard.

Lastly the landscape plans of Architects comprises of flowers, sidewalks and other lawn decorations to fountains.


November 02, 2022 11:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.