0 comments

Inspirational

Feeling ossum  and lucky ,living in this modern world and society,got every facilities of life.Even,if look back some decades or see old pictures of our family,village and country,you endure to see a great change and this chanted confidence in ourselves and also bring change ,a far good change in our attitude and culture but We judge the world by seeing only three percent families in a luxurious life style,rest Ninety seven percent families lives a meagre life, It’s a long discussion ,we should digress for a while.

Bring some thing new is a Great advisory policy, . searching for a good respected story for the Reedsy prompt this week ,no story was matching the prompts. It made me rather disappointed .The prompt looms around “Library “.It seems simple and cute but when you search and punch the thoughts ,It becomes, P.T(physical Training) for the brain.

A beautiful story ,It based to be a true one, came forth early in the morning and believe provoking ,you Will enjoy and learn from it.

The world is small but I would say big, in a sense that still we don’t know about our mother Earth ,How people live and cope with the time.

In Colombia, there was a teacher, Lous, opened a school but he had to shut it down soon,nobody had enough to pay the fee and other obligations regarding Education. Realization erupted by accepting one thing ,he could deliver education to the poor children by giving them books, ninety nine percent of the inhabitants of the entire area were ill literate and the most ironically, Government opened the schools but they were ghosts,and nobody dare to protest against such unscrupulous authorities. .He knew some elders and the rich land lords Mafia would not allow him to spread education, but he took a risk, a great risk, spreading awareness through words. He thought if the siblings of the farmers don’t have knowledge, they would be suppressed for ever and couldn't be surpassed the challenges of the upcoming times.He wanted to present knowledge to their door steps, went home to home, library to library ,and collect the old books.He had a small shop in his village to earn his living .He opened it in early in the morning, sat their for few hours ,after twelve o’clock, he used to laid the books on his two donkeys named “Alpha and bet”,people named it most peculiar “ The Donkey Library",I think it ranked first Donkey Library in the world. Donkeys used to carry the books on saddle and wonder five hours daily to different villages and remote areas ,by crossing rivers, jungle ,torrents to reach the poor children's destination. Those children used to wait him enthusiastically like our children wait for the ice cream cart. The children were so fond of him and the Alpha_bet, they took care of the dumb animals with great joy,they knew donkeys are the only source to bring books to their doors. ,their mothers prepared tea with food for him,not even children ,the elders of every class,they started demanding books and the newspapers. The collection of the newspapers were not so difficult, he usually asked the shopkeepers, and tinkers, to keep the old newspapers and Journal's for him, in return the readers gave him some tip,But Lous ,never take tip ,he wanted to increase the readership. If some body asked him What did he get in return for this service?He answered simply “A great peace “.He further added" apparently it seems that it’s an idle service but it’s interesting to note, I never went broke or hunger." He was a teachers ,as mentioned earlier,He taught children reading and writing through this library. He used to keep chalk sticks in his pocket ,and used wall as a board and for writing ,he had small slates. “Where there is a will there is a way",applies here, for counting he used ,for the beginners ,with berries and pebbles, instead of Abacus.

Lous becomed a super hero ..Inhabitants loved him with a sole heart .He was the only man in the entire world, Who was literating them with a clear conscience .Some people attacked him and broken his leg, he didn’t in that condition postponed his tours of the area.Those culprits were caught and brought to lime light, he excused them by saying that they would buy books for my library and also wonder with him for three months.His conditions were approved and after three months those mischief mongers entirely changed to humble life.

Lous, didn’t change his lifestyle. Doctors advised him to stay him in ,but he had to travel,he knew that he is single and nobody ,except him to continue his mission for education.

One day ,he was invited to a seminar in a Grand Hall. Participants came on the floor and expressed their views and observations about spreading education in the remote areas. Most of the participants hailed from Non Governmental Organizations, all were suited booted ,meticulous dressed up and Lous wearing ordinary jeans and shirt ,a big rounded Thai hat on head. When he came to the raise, he expressed boldly," The entire fund for education spend on the fashion of the offices and un wanted tours and on high salaries of the officers only twenty percent left for the uplift of the purpose.

“Passion, determination are the basic tools, fund comes third. I have a humble living and with empty hands serving to educate them". His words were applauded.. For twenty Eight years this was the routine of his life .Thousands of students did educate them selves with the only source for them “The Donkey Library “.Those kids were now grown up and most of them followed the foot prints of Lous, by forming a big shape Organizations.. Lous ,final days were rather depressing ,, he properly organized the organization by handing Mobile Library through out the region, with paid employees, this is all due to his nurturing efforts done in with two components and companions ”Alpha _Bet. They along with Lous, without a break , did their services well and wholeheartedly , they both died ,simultaneously in a year. This was a great thunder bolt for Lous, by raising a habit of talking to himself ,always murmured “old days were good”. Now .circumstances changed,He had hands and funds in abundance but Alpha _Bet , the real founders of the mobile Library and its concept,died.” Alpha _Bet are no more in this world .They died, but they established Alphabets in the poor region"Lous said with emotional gesture. 

THE END

ALPHA _BET.


April 29, 2021 09:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.