19 comments

Drama Friendship Middle School

Authors note: I dedicate this book to my x best friend Hailey, even though we aren’t that good of friends, I still love her! We stopped being good friends after her boyfriend and her made it official, he changed her, she turned into a brat (like he is) she swears now (Like he does) and she never answers my texts. She was a really good friend and was always there for me until she started dating Joey, (her bf) I wish the end of this story would come true. I hope she changes back to her normal self, where she isn’t boy crazy, and when she comes over every Saturday! Love you Hailey!

Hailey woke up that morning not knowing that this day would go so wrong! she lost her best friend, (CJ) her boyfriend now hates her, and her boyfriend (Joey) doesn’t really notice Hailey, anymore, Poor Hailey always having to hang out with him and his friends he never wants to hang out with her and her friends, just his, Hailey always has to hang out with him! No wonder she lost all her friends ever since she started dating him.

Hailey got up, and got dressed, and not long after Joey started texting her.

—————————————-

Hey! Can’t wait to see you!

Yea same.

—-————————————-

She was being sarcastic, Joey always sent the same text every day, she was annoyed of it, she can never get any alone time with CJ anymore. She stumbled down the stairs, to eat breakfast before school.

After breakfast she walked quietly out the door and hopped in her mom’s red Jeep, and headed off to school.

“Hailey, you seem very quiet this morning, something on your mind?” Her mom asked

“Well, me and CJ aren’t doing so good ever since me and Joey started dating.” She said

“Maybe you too need some alone time together! I know how Joey is and I bet CJ feels excluded!”

“I guess, but I doubt Joey will let us hang out!”

“Maybe you shouldn’t be dating Joey, honey, but it’s your choice!” Her mom (Kathy) said as they pulled into the school parking lot. Hailey opened up the car door glumly and walked over to where CJ was standing.

“Hey! How come you didn’t respond to any of my texts, calls, or emails last night?“ CJ said

“Sorry, it’s just that Joey...”

“Joey? Joey has nothing to do with this!” CJ cut her off, “He’s bad news Hailey! Why are you even going out with him?”

“Well, he’s nice!“

“Nice? He swears, calls all your friends rude names, and doesn’t let you hangout with anyone besides him and his friends!” Hailey was staring at her phone. Ping!

She got a text from Joey.

“Sorry, Joey’s here now, I have to go meet him at the front” she said as she turned and started walking in the other direction.

“No you don’t! He can’t control you! You can stay if you want!” CJ yelled as Hailey turned to look at her.

“Sorry!” She said and kept walking. CJ stood there shocked, her best friend chose her boyfriend over her.

They went outside at lunch, CJ waited at the tree where her and Hailey always met during recess. She was waiting to talk things out with Hailey and hoping they would get at least ten minutes alone together, then she saw Hailey walk out trailing behind her boyfriends gang of friends, she wasn’t even talking to him, she looked miserable, she saw CJ, as CJ waved her over, and Hailey just ignored it.

“I’m sorry,” CJ’s other friend Brooke said, “I really thought that she would actually choose you over her boyfriend for once”

“It’s fine, I don’t know why I’m surprised, but at least I have you!”

“Yea, maybe one day you too can hang out again.”

“Maybe, but I doubt it” CJ said staring at Hailey.

“C’mon, let’s go annoy Asahntay” (A-sun-tay) Brooke said as they walked towards Asahntay, CJ smiled.

“Hey! There’s that smile! Annoy him all you want! Make sure he gets annoyed as much as you can annoy people!” Asahntay glared at Brooke.

“Hey stupid whatcha drawing?” CJ asked.

“Nothing,” he responded

“Oh really? Looks like a puppet thing.” Brooke said as she looked over his shoulder, sadly it was time to go in and CJ couldn’t annoy him that long. Asahntay ran in before they could annoy him any longer.

“I can’t believe Hailey ever liked him” CJ said “I mean he’s much more fun to annoy, than like!” she made a disgusted face and Brooke giggled.

After school Hailey ran upstairs to CJ’s locker,

“Hey! CJ!” She said as people turned to stare.

“Hailey? Don’t you walk home with Joey every day?” CJ said as she rolled her eyes.

“No, not anymore,” Hailey said glumly, “I thought about what you said, Joey can’t control me, and I can’t control him, and this was affecting our friendship so I made a hard choice,” She was staring at her feet.

“Go on,” Brooke said as she walked over, Hailey looked confused

“Brooke has eyes and ears of a hawk” Hailey still looked confused. “Oh and this is Brooke, obviously” CJ said as she pointed the Brooke

“Oh right, and as I was saying...” she said and Brooke and CJ were leaning in “I broke up with Joey!”

“Hailey! You have to be kidding you really liked him!”

“I did like him, but I don’t love him!” She said as CJ pulled Hailey in for a hug.

“Aww I love you too Hay!” the three friends walk out arms linked, Joey was standing outside.

“Oh wow you chose friends over me? Come on!” He said

“Shut it, butt nugget! And get out of our way!” Hailey said and pushed him out of the way. CJ and Brooke stared at her in shock.

“Oooooo Hailey in the house!” They both said and Hailey laughed. CJ was happy to have her best friend back as well as Hailey.

November 07, 2020 19:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

19 comments

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
01:21 Nov 11, 2020

So I decided to comment this because it’s about Hailey, Brooke Maybe you were right, this did send a message to Hailey some how even if they didn’t break up, so first Hailey face timed me, and said she was sorry, and will include me more, then we said a couple cheesy things to each other and bam just like that we’re best friends again!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lauren :)
02:36 Nov 08, 2020

OMG I just read this and I am shocked and wowed and its so true!!! I love it! Keep writing! Also thanks for putting me in your bio!!😊 From Lolo

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
02:48 Nov 08, 2020

Of course! And thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Aman Fatima
04:37 Mar 03, 2021

Nice story!! Plus I'm happy they broke up, no one should put up with a controlling boyfriend.

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
16:51 Mar 03, 2021

Thanks! Exactly! I wrote this story so long ago I cringe every time I read it again.

Reply

Aman Fatima
17:26 Mar 03, 2021

it is a bit cringy but I get the concept. Anyway it should be friends over boyfriends. That's my personal opinion.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
02:46 Feb 09, 2021

I don't know if you guys care but after 6th months Joey and Hailey finally broke up!!! Is it mean that I'm happy?

Reply

Show 0 replies
15:52 Nov 08, 2020

Hey, CJ! So, first off, I really wish that Hailey would start to truly act like that again, too. I know how hard it is for you to see her with Joey and his guy friends. Secondly, I think that the story (not connecting it to our personal lives) was really nice. You were pretty descriptive (I liked how you used the word 'glumly'), and your dialogue flowed well. Fantastic job! Keep writing, Brooke

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
15:58 Nov 08, 2020

Thanks Brooke! Yea I wish that this ending would come true,

Reply

15:59 Nov 08, 2020

You're welcome! Maybe some day it will. 🤞

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
16:01 Nov 08, 2020

Yea, hopefully! 🤞

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ruby Collins
15:41 Mar 25, 2021

wow this is really good and it is just like what happed in real life well sorta it is really good and love your creative righting.

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:15 Mar 25, 2021

Thank you, Ruby!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
User_2443 0967
19:53 Feb 18, 2021

Wow this happened to a TON of my friends; except not bf's . I was the 'cool girls group.' There are a few mistakes but I thought this was great!

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:32 Feb 18, 2021

Thanks! I submitted this story a while ago and I feel like I've really improved since then. I know this is totally random but I love the name Bella.

Reply

User_2443 0967
21:33 Feb 18, 2021

lol why Bella?

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:36 Feb 18, 2021

I dunno I used to have a best friend named Bella. She was really nice and always there for me.

Reply

User_2443 0967
21:42 Feb 18, 2021

Ahhh ok lolll

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
21:43 Feb 18, 2021

lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.