Fodo & His Companions; On the way

Submitted into Contest #59 in response to: Write about a character arriving in a place unlike anywhere they’ve ever been.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Drama Holiday

It was a day of joy and sorrow as well. Everyone couldn't believe what had happened. They hugged each other with great love. All of Fodo's friends welcomed the girl Lupi into their group. They introduced themselves to the cadres they were studying each other. Lupi introduced himself as studying the nature of wildlife.

Fodo and Sagna were studying cadres in data management disciplines. And they headed for the accounting and statistics unit. Overall everyone was moving towards their unit. Lupi was the last to leave as he his unit was just next to the entrance gate. Lupi ran fast to the last floor of the hostel where he was staying. He looked at Fodo with Sagna and called them,

" Fodooo !, Sagnaaa!" And they turned around angrily, but they saw Lupi on the floor waving to them and saying "Tank you Fodo and your friends, I love you so much." They replied "thank you, we love you too Lupi"

Lupi was completing her final year of studies. Her lecture ordered to make her final research work in one of the most popular parks in the country with a mixture of animals and plants. He was given time to choose which one he decided to visit for his work. He was also given the opportunity to choose friends he liked to join together on her journey. According to the rules and regulations of the college this was allowed to leave with less than five friends when you go to do the final research work that they will be giving him help in completing the relevant work. The prerequisite was to choose friends who were studying subjects that matched what he was reading.

Lupi thought hard. Lupi believed that his friends would be a great help in completing his mission. He wrote the names and presented them to her Principle. Thereupon Kipens Principle asked Lupi “Why didn't you choose your friends who study cadres and professions like yours? And you decide to take your friends who don't fit in with what you need to do? Will they be able to help you in your research work one hundred percent? ” Lupi replied, “If you want to know the pros and cons of a particular concept get involved. I have chosen them and I believe they are better than my friends here in college. Let me go with them. I promise you this work will be 100% complete. And it will be the best research work for me and the college as a whole. ”

Kipens Principle took the forms and signed them. He handed Lupi on one condition that he must return the research work in full without error. Lupi received it with great joy saying “I promise I will work with my friends together we will complete. I promise you great. ”

Lupi happily returned to her room. Her face filled with a smile to get permission. He decided to text them.

He shared the message with each friend at the same time. The first to receive the message was Sam. He was surprised at the kind of invitation he did not expect.     

Sagna got the message too. She was shocked and went to Fodo to tell him about the trip. Fodo was surprised not to receive the message. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his pants and handed over the phone. When he turned on his phone a message was received. Fodo read the message carefully and later introduced him to Sali;

"Sali did you get a trip message to join our friend Lupi in the Serengeti National Park?" Sali replied “Yes I got it on time. I also wanted to apply for a month's leave to prepare for the Kilimanjaro Marathon Tour which is expected to take place in March. This is my ticket too. I will go with Lupi because that is the ideal environment for long bio exercises. Mie I will go. Will you go? ”

Fodo replied, “Yes, I will go too. I will make sure you all succeed in your goals. Thank you!”

The day of the day arrived. Fodo was the first to arrive at Safari Tour Agents Ltd. While he was waiting for the call to be received he saw in the distance Lupi coming as he walked mockingly with a large bag. And Sam, Luke and Sali arrived at the station ready for the trip. They all boarded a special tourist car.

Inside the car was turned on the Tanzania Safari TV channel which was broadcasting 'Unforgettable Tour and Experiences in Serengeti National Park .' This made them want to go to the park more. They saw many fascinating things, such as swarms of wildebeests and zebras. They also saw huge flocks of animals and birds of every kind.

 They arrived at Chemka village in Kilimanjaro region. This place has many streams that pass water under large rocks in different directions. The water in this area is warm and salty. They should not be used by humans.

They were received by the Chemka reserve rangers for a full day's rest before the second leg of their journey to the Serengeti. Lupi and her group had the opportunity to walk here and there to see the wonders of Chemka 's vocations . They walked from the court to the top of Chemka towards lowland near large hydroelectric dam called 'House of God'. They were amazed to see water flowing towards the plain of the top from the valley and then being cold.

“Fodo come here! Maybe you can say anything.” He came and touched that water, was it cool contrast to what was on its lowlands of the park. Fodo prepared himself and threw himself into the water maybe he would discover something.

Time passed and the water calmed. Sam and Sali got worried along with Luke and Sagna. “Why are you worried about Fodo? Mie I'm not worried even a particle. I believe he will return. In Fodo endowed things is no fear. Even I have no fear. ” 

They sat down to wait for Fodo. No symbol of hope that Fodo could return. Sagna, Luke and Sam got the idea;

"Sam we can make the traditional telescope because we have a lens set. Let's look for small stones that look good. Let's set the lenses and find out where our friend is probably in trouble. We can't wait for the results when we can identify the problem. ”

“That's a good idea. Even if we believe he can bring himself back we can also seek him out by being like good friends. Let do ​​togrther.”

They began the task of collecting stones as quickly as possible in cooperation. Shortly afterwards they finished setting all the lenses in a good focus. They all sat behind Sam waiting for answers. Sam struggled to find every direction of that cold river.

Sali asked “Sam what do you see there? Why just keep quiet. Tell us, what did you find out? ”

 He replied, "I do not see him. I just see the creatures. Then there is the part where it shows the deep darkness and the steam coming from the cave next to the darkness that has probably disappeared into the cave. ”

All lost hope except Lupi. She did not have quite uncomfortable Fodo knew must come back. Night came. Lupi was writing something. She didn’t appear to be worried about the disappearance of Fodo. She realized that her friends were very sad. She gathered wood and lit a fire. They all gathered.

Lupi came out a little and wore a mask like a giant frog. He returned quietly stomping. When he arrived in front of his friends was disguised as a frog for snoring "Nkoroo korooooh!" They were all shocked and started calling Lupi to come and help them because they had never seen such a big frog . Lupi laughed out loud. He took off the mask and sat down. Sagna exclaimed, “It's you, Lupi! How can you imitate the sounds of animals and insects? ”

Lupi replied: “In my studies I learned the various sounds of insects and wild animals. So I have no problem imitating their voices. ” Luke added, "Lupi, you are an animal expert. We have hit compelling them today as our expert. "

“I thank all my friends for concluding me today. But also today I will tell you a short story. They all remained silent to listen to what was in Lupi's memories.

On the other hand the guards were worried about the Lupi march because it was already night. No one had returned to the camp in preparation for the second round trip. Captain Boxay commanded all patrons entering Safeguard alongside search for their guests as well.

They entered the park fearlessly and began the operation. Transferred every direction, the aim is to make sure they found the visitors. In each direction there was one squad led by a captain. The southern squadron was led by Captain Shayo Oxoi. North led Captain Odemba and West led Captain Kaptula. East led Captain Kisuu. They passed here and there but could not find them. They continued the search tirelessly.

Lupi began to tell them the story; “The nature and life of frogs are water. Without water it is difficult to survive. One day a frog traveled to a human settlement. His goal was to recognize how humans can live out of water. He had prepared enough food and water to accompany his friends and soldiers. The frog was the leader of an area that was largely inhabited by water and mud. The situation was friendly to the frogs to make their home. ”

Lupi coughed a little and continued to tell the story. “All the frogs were amazed to see the human being dealing. Not many days later the water and food they were carrying ran out. That was the beginning of a difficult life for them. The people dug a big hole and filled it with water. All the frogs found a place to save their lives. Their leader promised man to give them the land he owned that had enough water for irrigation. They didn’t keep their promise. Human gave the penalty without and end and where the frog was seen countryside we must warn us mercilessly.

One frog escaped and returned to them after being trampled and the words he uttered when he came to them were;

'Damn you know the plow is the heaviest I've ever carried.' Frogs colleagues laughed at him and asked him 'That hoe you have ever carried it?' He replied 'I have never but trampled on the one who carried it.' All the frogs broke their ribs laughing. ”

Lupi and his friends laughed a lot too at the funny story. Lupi concluded by saying “This story is also about Fodo. There he is because he is a self-aware human being he will return as a hero here and I believe he will help the frogs and all the many aquatic creatures. I know the history of this area well because I have never been there but I have read the wonders here and I believe Fodo is the savior of this problem. In this area there is a single crocodile that eats people and other creatures. Today we will find the crocodile wood chopper. I told him all this Fodo as we were on our way. I need to read his mind. It will help me get more marks in my Research work. ”

Don’t be afraid about Fodo. I taught him how to protect himself from aquatic creatures. He can't get in trouble. Get ready to see the crocodile in the park. ”

 Sali asked, "Are we here to protect ourselves when this crocodile comes to these places?" Lupi replied, “Crocodiles do not like the bright light of a fire so this does not pose a risk. And do not think of all the things you have in common. ” They all agreed to calm down and wait for Fodo to complete his mission.

Soldiers who were looking for Lupi's group walked until late at night. Captain Boxay chief announced through his microphone to the leaders of the forces cease captain walks and take camp and reported everywhere from the crocodile is a troublemaker out of the water five minutes after the start of a new day. It is always dangerous because the crocodile is not restrained. Concerns about the loss of their guests increased because the troublesome crocodile would not let them live so.

When they are calm all soldiers, was it the right time to implement her strategies Fodo crocodile trap. Fodo was in the middle of a large bush setting its traps. He was in the final stages of completing his trap against the troublesome crocodile. He dived in the deep water. He arrived at a large cave. The time was it when the crocodile move out. But there was a cave living frogs older age. He found the frogs bone veterans. The skeletons of these frogs, which are very old, are a great weapon for crocodiles.

Fodo's main task is to make sure he gets at least one sharp and solid bone from dead frogs. Usually the frogs also go out in search of food while the crocodiles go out in search of food. It is then that the river water becomes calm. It was Fodo's turn to search for the dead in the frogs' habitat.

Fodo managed to reach the edge of the cave. He tried to find a bone that was strong several times but found that it was already rotten. Undeterred he searched for every corner of the hollow and under the soft sand he found a bone that did not seem to last long. He took it and began to carve it by rubbing it with the coral at the bottom of the cave to get a sharp tip that could cause harm. He spent more time widely finally completed.

He started the journey back out of the cave. It was a very deep cave he had to spend more than an hour to get out. In the middle of his journey he met a large group of old frogs. They expel as he carries the bone of their brother. This was contrary to the rules of those frogs. They lost Fodo's direction because they chased him randomly and he found himself wandering around a lot of places to avoid the frogs. He had to go up to the big pool so he could get a chance to run away with great speed.

As he dived he could hear the crocodile's movements diving as well. He raised his head above the water level. It was light in the early morning. He witnessed the disturbing crocodile for the first time approaching him. He found trouble making sense behind it Fodo there and frog veterans’ highly toxic and dangerous crocodile in front of him. That was it a unique ability to dive. Like such a contest.

The troublesome crocodile also joined the race, thinking he would turn Fodo into a stew. Several times the crocodile failed to grab Fodo. The frogs were also very afraid of the crocodile. Frogs were abandoned by their willingness to rush Fodo to remain to look into if they say 'Battle of grasshoppers’ fun of crows.' They remained spectators in this struggle because they had nothing to lose.

Fodo saw the right moment now, heading for his traps. She fell diving to rapidly save his life. The crocodile never tired of chasing him. Fodo with his great speed in diving managed to free the crocodile more than a hundred meters. He reached into his traps panting too much to set the bone grip.

Just as he set the bone, the forest rangers arrived and Captain Shayo Oxoi witnessed the fight, Fodo and the crocodile. He ordered all the soldiers to be ready and to wait for the order to attack the troublesome crocodile.

Food saw the guards and gave them calm marks not to attack with their weapons because the crocodile would be shocked and go back. Fodo hung like a bait under a tree branch with a rope. Beneath it in the water trap was a trap to catch crocodiles. Two minutes later the crocodile came to speed with its head torn Fodo who has sacrificed as bait.

Fodo closed his eyes and waited for the result as he grabbed the attack rope with a trap to catch the crocodile. Crocodile jumped into the game and touched the rope. Fodo soon untied the rope and fell into the middle of the crocodile's mouth with great courage. He reached into the middle of the big crocodile's belly. He managed to stab the crocodile in the walls of his mouth to his stomach. Toxic entered the bone in the form of blood of the crocodile. The crocodile lost his strength and calmed down.

Captain Shayo Oxoi ordered the guards to pull the crocodile out by pulling the ropes that had caught the crocodile. Fast widely they gave up and began tearing out its stomach to save the life of former Fodo.

Lupi and his companions also heard Fodo's heroic screams as he entered the crocodile's belly. Sali did not take long and ran in the direction of the voice. He quickly arrived. He was surprised to see Fodo with blood all over his body. Sali felt sorry for his friend even though he was not hurt. Fodo handed Sali the bone of the old frogs and said to him “This bone is the weapon I used to trap this crocodile.”

Lupi and all the friends got there and hugged their friend Fodo for completing their mission.

Captain Shayo Oxoi was very grateful to these friends who are true heroes. They have been able to eliminate the age-old danger in these Chemka streams.                 

September 18, 2020 20:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.