FORBIDDEN FRUIT DISOWNED CHILD

Submitted into Contest #98 in response to: Write a story involving a character who cannot return home.... view prompt

0 comments

Gay Lesbian Romance

It didn't occur to me that one day I'll fall in love, one day I'll not feel complete unless my love is with me. Normally people fall in love with men since Adam and Eve, but times have changed and people fall in love with the same gender.

Going to the mall and as I choose the items I find myself staring at this beautiful lady well curved dark skin tone and this cute smile not forgetting the brushed white tooth. I had to make a move cause I couldn't withhold the emotions in my heart. I immediately new she's the one I've been looking for.

After seeing each other as friends and knowing where she stays I had to pour my heart out and let her know how much she means to me,and how much I was dying to kiss her pink appetizing lips. Before I could even finish my words she was already on my lips and all over my body. I could feel her addictive touch and I dint want her to stop.

Our love grew stronger both emotionally, physocally and sexually. Despite coming from a religious family and knowing how my family will take the news of me not liking men I still didn't let that stop me from loving this wonderful lady God had brought to me. Just like any other relationship we had our struggles and problems. It wasn't always perfect.

One day she broke up with me since i wasn't able to introduce her to my family members as the love of my life. I could always say "meet my friend Lisa" and I could apologise later. She understood for sometime but who wants to be someone's little secret? I guess no one. We had invested in each other emotionally and I didnt want to let go of her. She was among the rare souls to find out here.

It reached a time where I had to make a decision so tough. I had to tell my family about why I don't bring men home and say they're my boyfriends. Why I seemed to be a perfect daughter that didn't know about boys. I called for a small family meeting and broke the news. The disappointment in my parents faces killed every part in my body and didn't know what to do. My mother couldn't even look me in the eye. I could see her wipe her tears dad shaking his head siblings with their mouth wide open.

I could now feel how alone I was in my own parents house. My mom went to my room and packed all my things and came with them to the living room. She handed them to me and asked me to leave and never come back. She said she never gave birth to me and she caught all the ties with me. I didn't know what to do I begged them to understand me and just love me the same way they did cause being a gay doesn't change who you are in the inside.

My dad was in shock and he just went out. I had to leave with a thought that I give them space they'll come around.

Years passed and my parents never reached out to me. I tried reaching out to them but nothing. Lisa and I moved in together and started our own life without our parents since she was chased too. We became each other's lovers and parents. I lost friends that I had because they heard of my love life. The world became a strange place to be for both of us but atleast we got each other.

The world being a small place, I met my mom at the railway station. She was with her friends and they stopped to greet me and ask how I've been and why I don't go home, but none of that mattered cause my own mother didn't bother. I greated her and she walked out on me. My heart was brocken into a million pieces. I could imagine how hers has been broken a billion times each day. Imagine carrying a child in your woumb for 9 months and taking care of her until she's able to take care of herself only to bring you shame. It is indeed painful.

Despite hurtingy family I also needed to be happy and so I followed my heart and chased my happiness. I never gave up I still tried to reach out to my family and still no luck of them forgiving me and accept me the way I am. I was a disappointment to my parents and I wasn't counted as their child anymore.

The word on the street was that my parents had only two kids. It now hit me that my parents had really forgotten about me forever. Only God knew I was their child too. I was forgotten completely and now I had to live my own life. I stopped reaching out to my parents and started focusing more on Lisa and our future.

We had to go to another country and live our homeland for us to be comfortable in our own skin and show the world how much we love each other. Our homeland doesn't support gayism and if found you could be flogged some even raped and abused in many different ways. Lisa didn't deserve a pretence love.

In the new foreign land we became comfortable and happy and seeing that there are people like us around, it inspired as to keep on loving each other even more. I didn't forget my family but I was happy and I was proud of myself that I followed my heart and was brave enough to tell the truth despite knowing the consequences. Years went by and now Lisa and I had two kids together and finally had a family of our own that we yearned for. I could send money home unanimously but I couldn't go home. I had to become good Samaritan who didn't want to be known to help my parents. They didn't know that I even went to another country, and it didnt hit them to even care why they don't see me around anymore. They're leaving their lives like I don't exist. I miss my family but I can't be with them. I hope they never forgot me and in their prayers am included. May God protect them Amin.

To people out their who has the same problem as the character in this story. Don't give up your happiness without a fight. Just make sure while fighting don't lose your respects to your parents. Don't force them to accept you if it's meant for them to be in your life forever then it will be.

June 13, 2021 09:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.