9 comments

Christian Black Fiction

Free and easy are words that just exist in his dictionary nowadays but he never use them as far as his memory could recall.

To think that he, Billy trust that his brain well more any other organ in his body is stating the obvious. At 36, he have learnt how to trust his memory not his eyes. He can recall accurately from the age of six to date how many times his memory have saved him and helped him out of many quagmires he found himself and how many times his eyes have deceived and betrayed him.

      Not even that he has short or long sighted problems. Even when wide awake, he doesn’t rate images flashed at him. He had for 30 years of trial and errors came to know from experience that all that glitters are never gold. 

 “ What are you contemplating?” his friend Joe asked after seeing that far away look that have became part of him for long now.

“ I am weighing the day, the images, their implications so far today and filing each to where they belong” he answered with a sigh.

Both had gone to church for confession and from there to field to watch a local game going on there. To think that Billy’s family is an Anglican one but he had converted to Catholicism six years ago by chance to fight forces he believed was after him. He just like telling someone as it is in his live and that was how he became a catholic to see the result for himself by talking to a priest. He had wanted to sneak in and confess his mind not even his sins to the priest and see how it felt. But six years ago, he had found out that he was more popular than he knew.

It was a funny experience that year. He had moved to a parish far from his residence area where he believes he was known to another parish where he believed he wasn’t known and sat down with the confessors only to be surprised by about three to four people. They not only know his first and last name, some even know his middle name too. They rat him out to the priest. He decided after a pet talk by the priest to follow the proper protocol and that was how he became a catholic. 

He now even teaches catechism to the kids preparing for their first Communion to the chagrin of many born into the dominion. His friend Joe is the pure direct opposite of him In most things. Joe takes any images he sees whether in sleep or awake seriously. He plans his utterance, day and actions around such images. Not Billy. 

He used to tour such routes and found out that it is his attention, his mind, and his time given to such images they get their powers from. Since that pet talk with the priest, he had been making his plans around any verse he read each day the root of all his activities for the day. His plans and actions are centered on such verses no matter any image that comes in the name of a dream. 

   He had found out that most images were programmed into people’s day by wicked forces that disrupt anything good coming their way each day. To him, it had been: Bible words VS Images.

“ I am taking stock of my day to see how far I have gone this day with God and Satan. Words and images”

“ What was the image you saw this morning?”

“ It was that of two boys in school uniform. Green trousers, and a white top. One standing near one Oracle place facing towards that side and one coming out of the bush by my right. They started moving towards the road without talking or looking my way twice. That was in one local route that led to a major road in my village”

“ Your village?”

“ Yeah, my village and that particular route have appeared many times in my dream, I knew that that area is playing important role in the plans of the dark kingdom for my life”

“ Which dark kingdom and why are there interested in you and your day?”

“ I suspect they are on a soul-winning mission to their lord whoever that lord is. There are about one million lords everywhere these days”

“ Do you suspect these soul hunters live near you?”

“yeah. They might be near or far. Space and distance mean nothing to them these days.”

“ So, from your stock, how have you been faring for the day?”

“ I think since they are into threat, it means they are not getting results”

“ Threats, how?”

“Isolation is their strategy now. They are trying to cut off the help I am getting from kids near me helping me to run my house well. They are surfacing there in the images these days”

The images Billy was talking about came with the colors green which naturally is Billy’s color. Those image attackers must have done their homework well for they knew a hell of things about Billy. They kept showing things they believe Billy will be interested in to trap him. As usual, he had done the opposite of what the attackers expected from him. They wanted to throw him off his faith but so far are hitting the wall in their efforts.

 “ Why would a man that knows himself from Adam be worrying about images from the kingdom of darkness? Let the Bible verses take care of the day. You attract what you focus on”

To think that most believe they know the kingdom such images are coming from or that they are professionals in decoding those images kept insinuating that Billy has taken the long route home instead of the shorter one. Such remarks always bring hilarious reactions from Billy.

     “ long routes?”

Well, to Billy, it had been a wonderful long route home for Billy is interested in the journey, not the destination. “Good to be on the long train home” is always his reply to such comments. To Billy, anything that wasn’t natural is not his idea of a tea party whether it favors him or not. Anything not coming from heaven has after and side effects. Where is the wisdom?

      For many years in his life now, it had been the same. At times, many bad images will surface, and at other times, they will be good ones but to Billy, both are the handiwork of the Evil one and his agents. The idea is to say NO to all.

Many want to believe in such images. Some wanted those images to be true by all means. That is exactly what he expected from unbelievers. They are mostly taken by such images for to them, magic is far better than prayers for it gets immediate results. One brings results and the other is only hope that takes donkey years to manifest if it ever does. 

   But Billy knows far better than those professional interpreters. They only arrive at what they considered the result, not after it. He prefers prayers no matter how long it takes to manifest. Better to go hungry than dying after meal. 

In the spiritual world, genuine things take longer time, longer routes, and longer efforts to manifest but short routes and immediate results are for the shallow-minded. Fake results. The more you look, the less you see results. Those are not for Billy. He has no interest in the Apian way of any things. 

 Joe who had been observing his friend talk smiled and wondered how they had managed to stay together as friends for long now. He has noticed that their philosophy of how to get through this planet differs a lot. Directly opposite to each other. 

November 05, 2022 07:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Graham Kinross
12:47 Dec 01, 2022

Billy sounds like one of so many struck with paranoia now. The internet doesn’t help, feeding paranoia with conspiracy theories that connect to more and talking to other people who add to it all.

Reply

Philip Ebuluofor
18:18 Dec 01, 2022

Do you believe that the mental health of many is not in order?

Reply

Graham Kinross
22:11 Dec 01, 2022

I don’t know if the Internet just shows people who already had mental health problems or if it depends those problems of people who aren’t so bad. I’ve read that social media is bad for mental health, too many people comparing their lives to the fake lives of people on Instagram and Facebook. I think everyone has times of strife that hurt their minds. Some recover, others don’t.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Graham Kinross
22:11 Dec 01, 2022

I don’t know if the Internet just shows people who already had mental health problems or if it depends those problems of people who aren’t so bad. I’ve read that social media is bad for mental health, too many people comparing their lives to the fake lives of people on Instagram and Facebook. I think everyone has times of strife that hurt their minds. Some recover, others don’t.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Tommy Goround
02:32 Nov 12, 2022

Oops. Just lost my notes when I switched screens. Was looking up "Apian".... Bees? Not apes? -I like the line about people finding many lords. -I like the line about 'better to go hungry than to die from the meal'. The story is interesting for me. It essentially shows how someone's Faith practices can separate them from their friends. You say it is better to trust the memory than to trust the eyes. Like a human credit report? Please check: did you mix up the words Catholic and other church on your first use of catholic? (I dare not ch...

Reply

Philip Ebuluofor
19:45 Nov 14, 2022

You did not stray far "let alone too far" a detailed analysis. Wow. Apian way in the sense it is used here means short route. To cut corners etc. Wow, your reply looks like a blog post.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philip Ebuluofor
19:45 Nov 14, 2022

You did not stray far "let alone too far" a detailed analysis. Wow. Apian way in the sense it is used here means short route. To cut corners etc. Wow, your reply looks like a blog post.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Philip Ebuluofor
19:45 Nov 14, 2022

You did not stray far "let alone too far" a detailed analysis. Wow. Apian way in the sense it is used here means short route. To cut corners etc. Wow, your reply looks like a blog post.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 4 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.