0 comments

Adventure Black

Write about a family adapting a holiday tradition to take place over a Video chat

Xhu and Xha

By dumisani khumalo

"Their civilisation digs like a bush pig. The beginning is primitive, and the end is martial as a puff adders bite" Xhu said ,"and the end is a noisy civilisation but for Who?" Xha said," and in it, the egos habit tells the lies, like the weevil that we would kill an elephants for such a small stomach that can be filled by termites or crickets in no time" went their conversation as was the fear over the horizon whence forth the baobab tree like a phallus was used as a portal point. 

Sunbeams of their future depended on it and that of their habitat, a desert encroaching on them ever since they decided to avoid the unavoidable now. 

When did man have enough meat or grain , to stop the gluttony on all other species's.. 

A whole team of bushmen would gather to kill a whole animal to celebrate life and hand over tradition to the young and not kill it only for its hone and leave all the meat to rot in the bush. 

The tubers in the ground, locusts, trees , were diminishing fast and their survival strength by a stretch of the imagination was growing each day and making them aware of urban man who survived on grain to make meals , brew, as were now becoming customary to them as christmas as they joined in to celebrate in the ominous desert tree. 

It was a time they would share with each other and with the world a sip of opaque brew together on the iPhone high up in the baobab tree where they found network. 

The toll was on elephants and rhino, bush pigs and guinea fowls, tortoise, pythons, of which they would celebrate for their wise ancestry. 

The bush was their doctor, their life, and supply they did not need graineries where aflotoxins invade, diseases come in and out to breed and to invade their crops, fridges that gave out dangerous CFCs (chloro_fluoro_carbons) , roofs over their heads to hide them from their dreams and from their stars of blinking luck at night, that read natures into natures ways. 

Conservation left many things out and the game guard was now a recluse, an under paid denizen, whose poaching was to fend for his family. He sold dry meat in the city. 

The bushmen had to see to it that this christmas they made their reasons felt as Xhu went to the CITES head quarters to make his pledge to save life. Both human and animal. Their flora and fauna, encapsulated sovereignty of the bush as wild and as busy at local hunting sunspots belonged to all of them. 

Xhu had gone it alone to see how people were coming to take up their space on land and on their animals, and leave an empty land to survive from and a land with no water to grow something, to end their life in the kalahari desert a sorry one since they were moved to the edge of the world by civilisation. 

Xha stayed to see what was going on and man was a given guardian by the almighty and from the sovereignty of God able to take care of all these things. 

Xha in his distant thinking over oil, gas, and the new Hunter bug on elephants dying in numbers ,in their hundreds, knew the deceit of man was as the deceit of disease and death , moreso like covid-19, things they had known about now as the reasons behind the mask, were taunting like the heat or dusty bowls of sand lifting up their ugly heads. . 

Xhu thought about calling his brother, now gone with tourists who wanted to know his understanding of the habit and habitat and the global change, to help the world know where it had gone wrong. 

There was less to eat and fend from, and the heavy imbibers and feeders of men came in with bulging stomachs and cases of money they never used themselves . They were poachers too, but who would know the difference if but to join them first, and to learn the hard way. 

Nor did they understand them, beaming and loud to want to take one of  that photogenic stand with them and leave a bottle of scent that all animals detasted , an alcoholic beverage to confuse their senses or that need of an extreme experience with the wild with them tracking animals, until, Xhu went into their world, the IPhone, to learn their ways before they understood his, and it was a tradition to talk to each other in the day in the tall baobab tree with the whole family.now, and a pleasure to see each other at a distance at christmas time. 

There was scarce water but they survived with little to nothing. The urbanites were now fighting over water and failing to share it,and they had no food, and killed the elephants for its hone and not for the meat, things to wonder about that Xhu and Xha found confusing and disturbing. 

Many things had changed for the miniscule bushmen, and they did not eat what died of disease but what they Hunted for in the bush and it was so worrying more than three hundred elephants had died at once, like Humans dying of covid-19, it was over eating that caused all this of which they guarded aganist themselves for creating laziness, listlessness, and confusion, and Xhu and Xha had to communicate over the phone by Video chat, a new tradition, found exciting, up in the baobab tree. 

High up in the tree, network was available. Who did not know his beginning or ending, and who did not see nature die, for the dangerous financial cog.. 

 Call it Covid-19 and its differentials, MERS, SARS,life was not spared. Spared, like his village in the open deep wind in the dust bowls,a tent made out of an elephants carcase or in the tree would have supply of protein for years except when they died in many numbers and died at once, was it for the endangered vultures or new curses which men from urban areas talked about with the dearth of common sense, and who was allowing it, and denying them their piece of the pie given freely by mother nature? . 

Grim earth called in these days to think aloud and their fight came to intelligence and made them take on the tourists technology, granted they had to add onto it with their family's as the social menace juxtaposed consumer council at war. To tell the world it was over doing things and one of them was at the head of them in Europe. 

The poverty when it came helped those outside their wier of life, because they never begged, they wanted to live life with as much sanity and constitute themselves. 

The A, was the last, and the U the first in the tongue and A

E, I, O U, made the simple language, of Xhu and Xha, the beginning was good as the end. The end of the elephants, rhino, meant a beginning for new ways of survival of the fittest, and little did they realise one of them would go out to talk about his dying habitat, and the secret way of life ever to realise for themselves, as they all tossed,climbed up an down children dangling from their mothers, sisters and brothers marvelling of their new found freedom and protection from exploitation, and they would find a lasting solution. 

They climbed the tree as a family, up the baobab tree and the iPhone came alive, all smiles as every one wanted to hear one of them speak to them at such a time. Pieces of drinking pots and cups celebrate christmas too as their 2020 vision of new things to come in 2021. 

November 27, 2020 07:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.