Why Are You Reading This Title

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Write a story about strangers becoming friends, or friends becoming strangers.... view prompt

0 comments

Funny Friendship Happy

It’s my 18th birthday. We went to the local beach that day, which is no more than 20 miles away from home. My sister is chowing down her ice cream before it melts and she makes a mess everywhere. It's 4 in the afternoon, on a hot June day. We walked around the boardwalk a couple of minutes ago, and are now taking a short rest. I look at my surroundings. 2 adults playing volleyball, a kid making a sandcastle, and some people out in the ocean. But looking to my left, I see another family, with a son who looked around the same age as me. He was shivering.


I could hear his parents urging him to go out into the ocean. He kept on shaking his head until he finally got up and walked towards the water. He was hesitant at first but soon walked into the ocean.


I guess he wandered a bit too far because he was soon engulfed in the waves. He started to scream and everyone’s heads, young and old, turned to the sound. He was way beyond the normal playing area. He was in the section for the surfers. Without hesitating, I jumped into the ocean, like many others who were currently swimming toward the kid.


I got to him last but helped the rescuers lift him up. There was no CPR required, as he didn’t drown. He brought him back to land and he immediately ran toward his parents. As I sat down next to my sister, who was still eating her ice cream, the boy’s parents looked at us and asked me to come over. I walked up to them and it turned out they noticed me running at their son without doubt or hesitation.


They thanked me for helping to save their son.


“He… He is in need of a kidney donor. He was in a car accident and one of his kidneys was fractured. The doctors will remove it soon, but they need a kidney immediately. He is suffering from depression right now,” the mother said.


“He has only 5 days left. His blood type is very rare. We’ve been searching for a whole month, but no luck,” his father said.


“We actually don’t know his blood type. It’s that rare,” replied his mother.


“I wish I could help, but I actually don’t know my own blood type,” I replied.


“We’re very desperate, so please help us when you can,” they said.


They gave me their phone number and I waved bye to the family. I talked to my family about what they said. My mom felt pity for them, so the next day we got my blood test.


“Are you ready, son,” the doctor asked


“Yes,” I replied.


Have you ever had your teeth removed by a dentist? Well, for every tooth they have to pull out, they put a numbness injection on the gum which is right above the removing teeth. The shot hurts a bit, but the pain lasts only a few seconds. After around 5 minutes, the numbness takes effect, so they take out the teeth one by one. This part doesn’t hurt at all. And then bam, you're done. Stuff some cotton balls near the holes of the bloody teeth, go home, remove the cotton balls, see the dark red on the ball, throw them out, and rinse your mouth. 


The pain of the shot was the same as the pain of the blood test. It was gone after a while, and the doctors examined it by blood.


After around 30 minutes, they came back with my results. They told us that they donated the blood to the blood bank. They told me it was the same blood type as the boy from the beach.


We immediately called the boy’s family, and they were all very excited to hear the wonderful news.


When we got home, I decided to donate my kidney. My parents were proud and we immediately decided on a time for the surgery.


About a week later, we were in the hospital. I had to go first. I went inside the surgery room and sat on one of the beds. They gave me an amnesia mask and I instantly fell asleep. I woke up to my parent's voice. They told me the surgery was done. They removed my left kidney. 


A few minutes later, the boy was wheeled into the room. About 2 hours later, he came out. The doctor told us the kidney transplant was successful. 


The next day, we had a party. The boy stopped his depression and I learned his name, Jonas. Jonas and I became friends after that.


THE END


yea this story was cringy. I had the thought of writing it an hour before it was due, so yea. It's due in 10 minutes, so I’m going to end it here. I still have to reach the 1,000-word limit, so here are some of my opinions :)


1. Super Mario 64 wall jumps are so frame-perfect

2. Minecraft MLG’s are way too easy

3. Dream is better than Technoblade

4. Roblox is ded

5. I hate Apple’s autocorrect

6. Memes before 2020 made so much sense

7. 2020-2021 memes are just random pictures with random sound effects but their funnier for some reason

8. The Nintendo Switch is overrated

9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is basically a copy-and-paste from Mario Kart 8

10. Same thing with Super Mario 3D World

11. The Giver is a nice book

12. I’m tired

13. Fortnite is ded

14. Apple autocorrect just said Fortnite should be spelled as Fortnight. WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND DOES THAT

15. Youtube Kids is bad for kids

16. Mario Kart Wii is the best glitchy Mario Kart game

17. Amazon Luna is ded

18. Twitch live streams is better than Youtube live streams

19. Mr.Beast is better than ZHC

20. Ice Dodo is a fun Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ice-dodo/jhidcpailhmpjpbdbhceiaeeggkalgmd

21. Almost thereeeeee

22. Wait for itttttt

23. Any second nowwww

24. Yay, we’re done.

25. Ok, one more thing

26. Check out, CodyCan’tEatThis’s Youtube channel

27. He made a 3D classic Sonic The Hedgehog

28. 3D classic Super Mario Bros

29. 3D classic Legend of Zelda.

30. Anyway

31. See you later

32. Bye

June 04, 2021 22:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.